Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I recently learned a wonderful technique for waxing noses especially on smaller bears.  I've tried it a few times and it works really well and is so easy and mess free in my opinion.   It is such a cool idea and It was demonstrated by Andrea Brewer at the Maine Bear show ( I asked her permission before sharing this idea). She really is such a sweet, sweet lady !   

Use a Kistka -a tool used for Ukranain egg decorating.  You can get them for about $5  ( I wouldn't use a wooden handled one due to the flame)  .  Scrape a small amount of wax into the tool and melt over a candle.  The wax does not drip at all and only comes out when you touch it on the nose.  It is so precise like using a pencil so you can get in all the small areas around the edge without the usual mess I make.  Buff as you usually would.  Apply as many layers as you like.  It may take practice and everyone will have a different experience,  but it works great for me. 

kistka_2.jpg

kistka.jpeg

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Going back to an earlier post - I used to use Mod Podge to seal/coat noses, both matte & gloss,
until I hit a really muggy summer day and noticed that the formerly dry & hard surfaces now had a translucent milky whiteness in them. Nutzzzz

Board footer