Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Lanctot’s Loveables Teddy - Handmade collectible teddy bears by Rhonda-Lynne Lanctôt. Bears ranging in size from 0.75 inches to 21 inches.
Curious Mondo - How to make artistic teddy bears with Tami Eveslage

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

i wonder if its alright to ask here about the jpg 's that the magazines like tbf ask for,,i have some understanding of resizing etc but must confess i was confused when i sent in my teddy book face entry as to what i was doing wrong.  my digital camera came with download software and i usually use that because its handy to resize right from there..she asked for hi resolution..300 dpi or more ,,which i set it at..did i goof when i did the pixel sizes? she kept asking for hi resolution//so the lower portion of the resize says 300 dpi..and then pixeslsor inches should say what? or am i doing it backwards?
the initial camera pic is set for the higher resolution and its a good camera.. i feel like an idiot! what am i not understanding?   deb

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Deb
What they usually ask for is a picture that is 300 dpi and 3.5 by 5 inches picture
If you calculate it out, it is 300 (dpi) times 3.5 inches  equals 1050
and 300 times 5 inches equals 1500 so your photo size in pixels is 1050 wide and 1500 tall or
1050 by 1500 for a 3.5" x 5" picture
Does that make sense?
Sonya

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

truthfully not really..im an idiot about math ! i can follow it if someone shows me and i use it enough..my dh will explain what you said and i CAN match the numbers!! i do th sam at work..give me the parameters and let me stay between them! used to scare the  daylights out or our manuf super when he realized all the women working in his area of machining were duplicating to the 100 thousands of an inch what they were shown..but we couldnt actually read it! bear_original:):)  thanks so much for the reply!! it does help to see the numbers!

Board footer