Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
greatwon2 wrote:

ok now this is probably going to sound stupid...but what does arthritis feel like?for a few years now my knees have been bugging me, every now and then one or the other will feel like its out of place(if that makes sense)its been getting more and more often and worse.tonight its really quite bad it feels hot and stiff, i cant bend it all the way and it feels tight...it aches but it doesnt hurt too bad(not in agony) also my hip aches a little too since my knee started.could it be arthritis??im only 22 so have never really thought about it being that - just thought i had weak knees :lol:

sorry if i sound silly and am way of base :/

Hi hon, its not a silly question, and I am part of an arthritis support group and we are still coming up with ways to describe our pain  bear_wacko  and there are so many different types of pain too.  Hot and stiff is how my joints started too..also swelling...I used to think whatever was hurting felt like it had been shattered and was all broken..and oh so painful to move!  i remember thinking that back then before I thought too deeply about describing it  bear_tongue

you are young, so why don't you get it checked out at your GP.  he can run a simple blood test and check for inflammation (esr, crp) and also check for rheumatoid arthritis and also a test called an ANA which is linked to auto immune diseases.  all this will give you and your doctors a clearer picture.  If you need to go to a rheumatoligist,  they are terrific and can help you work it all out.  If it is auto immune arthritis, (RA and its like )there are medications that slow down the progression of the disease, it is so important to get on these meds early to prevent as much damage as possible.  there is so much available now to help.

like Bobbie said, mri/xrays, bone scans...can all give a clearer picture of what is going on in your body...they can actually pick up inflammation now.  its important to know whether it is osteo arthritis, or auto immune arthritis. 

I hope this helps...its something i've been dealing with since I was around 18 so i know too much about it, sorry if its information overload!

hugs  :hug:  :hug:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

This has been a very helpful thread. I just got back from the doctor and he told me I have osteo arthritis in my knees. Of course, this wasn't what I wanted to hear. He told me to start taking Glucosomine. But I will look into the emu oil as well.

Hugs,

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Here is a website. www.jsemuoil.com  These people live in my town.

Board footer