Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Well many of you have given me some good ideas for future books to read.

Right now I am half way through, "A Walk in the Woods." By Bill Bryson. I was in the grocery store check out line whenmy daughter Rachel dashed for the book counter and grabbed this very book and said, " Look Mom!!!".  The front cover is a wooded scene with a close up of a brown/grizzly bear's face at the bottom.  Really cute!  So , I bought the book just for the cover ! bear_whistle
  As it turn out it is not only entertainingly funny but educational as well.  It's a real story wherethe author takesa journey through the AT or Appalachian Trail which is a 2,100+ hike through rough and beautifully picturesque terrain.  In the first two chapters I had to wipe tears from my eyes from laughing so hard.  It's a great read.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Shelli wrote:
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

trying to decide whether to go with painted cabinets or wood cabinets.

If I may be so bold... wood!

bear_laugh  I was just thinking the exact same thing!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'm reading teddy bear magazines...lol...seriously so tired lately, I take a peak and fall asleep lol.  But i usually read and read and read!  books I repeat read are LOTR and Jane Austin...and Terry Brooks landover series.

beary_clairey Luton

Well I'm am in the middle of Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

Terry Pratchett is a hilarious, fantasy writer who writes the discworld novels.

This book is about Armageddon coming, when Hell gets one of its demons to swap the newborn son of the American Ambassador with the son of Satan. Unfortunately he gets swapped with an Accountants newborn and ends up living Tadfield with a hell dog that is now a cuddly mongrel that likes it's tummy tickled!!

When I have finished that I have bought " The Devil wears Prada!"

Hugs

Claire

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well this is one of my favorite things to talk about. I love to read "trashy novels". You know historical romances written by Johanna Lindsey, Judith McNaught, Virginia Henley, Jill Barnet. But, I also love contemporary books to like those written by Janet Evonovich - the Stephanie Plumb series beginning with "One for the Money". These books are a hoot from start to finish. I think there are 12 or 13 written so far...

I subscribe to the Romantic Times Book Reviews. I hate to throw away money on a book only for it to be rotten. I don't have time for that either. So I read the reviews of all the books set to come out in the next month. I make a list of those I want to read. Call my book store and they call me when the books comes it.  It is very simple but efficient.

So what am I reading currently? An oldie that is considered the greatest love story ever written (beside Jane Austin’s Pride and Prejudice) called Whitney My Love by Judith McNaught. I read it a long time ago but a revised version came out with a longer ending....

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

bear_tongue  O.K. I have no children but here are my latest books:
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, Book 13, The End (I've read all the Lemony Snickets, this one was a little disappointing. IT was as if he wanted to end the series, but not really....)
Artemis Fowl, The Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer (The best of the series! Loved it!)
I'm just starting The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson (Judi, I laughed my way through the whole "Walk in the Woods"!)
Karen

Billie Posts: 6

I am an avid reader, currently reading the Classic Chinese Traditions, The Analects (Lun Yu) or confucius.
Billie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Just started Stephen King's newest Lysie's Story....normally i doh't like scary stories, but so far this is more a love story.  Should be finished about Thursday-if anyone wants to borrow... :crackup:

dilu

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
Dilu wrote:

Just started Stephen King's newest Lysie's Story....normally i doh't like scary stories, but so far this is more a love story.  Should be finished about Thursday-if anyone wants to borrow... :crackup:

dilu

My Hubby just took this out at the library - only could get it for a one week borrow so it could be close - its a big book!

Cheryl bear_flower

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

My daughter raided my Amazon wish list and surprised me with a copy of the latest Thomas Harris hardback 'Hannibal Rising' ... I'm really looking forward to reading it as I thoroughly enjoyed all his other books ... there's a lot to be said for a really creepy horror!

Oh Paula!  Hats off to you Birthday Girl!  I still haven't gotten over the movie....and yet I love psychological thrillers.....let uys know how it is----its in all the book clubs and i am running out of choices....maybe its more psychological than actual blood/gore stuff

says she who loves medical blood and gore.....

makes no sense

greatbiggollybirthdaywishes and niceynicehugs

dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I'm reading a mystery book now.  bear_thumb
" Dr. Sam Hawthorne " by Edward D. Hock
It's short stories and very easy to read.
I love it.  bear_grin   
==
Book Description
Dr. Sam Hawthorne, a New England country doctor in the first half of the twentieth century, was constantly faced by murders in locked rooms, impossible disappearances, and other so-called “miracle crimes.” More Things Impossible contains fifteen of Dr. Sam’s extraordinary cases solved between 1927 and 1931, including – impossible murder in a house that whispers; poisoning by a gargoyle on the courthouse roof; the case of the Devil in the windmill; the houseboat that resembles the Mary Celeste; the affair of the vanishing Gypsies; stabbing in the locked cockpit of a plane in midair; a ghostly pirate in a lighthouse; ad eight other ingenious riddles.
====by Amazon

Marie!  So good to see you posting-you must be terribly busy-  Happy happy happy to see you tonight.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Dilu, thank you !  :hug:

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

I haven't read a book in months, only my bear mags. I think the last book I read was "At the Mountains of Madness" by HP Lovecraft. I keep meaning to pick up my Edgar Allan Poe book (which is like a bible - lots of thin pages and tiny writing), but I just can't find time recently.

Board footer