Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

tt14.jpgTT4.jpgTT11.jpg7.jpgTT10.jpgTT9.jpgTT7.jpgTT6.jpgtt13.jpgTT2.jpgShelli, until you asked this question, I didn't really consider my self much of a collector.  After taking some pics to share here, I've changed my mind bear_original

Daphne, we can can have mental issues together, cuz I have hundreds of cards saved for their illustrations.  Just consider them miniature pieces of art, which they are!  :crackup:

So, I guess I collect cards, and antiques postcards, Easter decorations, especially paper mache rabbit candy containers, and antique paper mache easter eggs from Germany.

I have a small collection of artist bears which includes three Wee Scones by Diane Kennedy, two by Ingrid Schmid, a Forget-Me-Not bear, a Norbeary bear, and one by Francis Harper, Pat Murphy, Pat Fye, Craig Bottinger, Lori Wright, Joan Links, Debbi Henretty and a few others.  I have some Boyds Bears, and some other commercial bears by Gund and a cabinet full of miniatures and the one felt doll I made, which won me a Janome sewing machine, so I kept it.   I love my two miniature dolls houses, one is complete with miniature lights.  I have three of R John Wrights Beatrix Potter pieces - Peter, Benjamin and Jemima and her ducklings.

My other big interest is collecting classic children's books.  I like to have many copies of my favourites (Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, The Secret Garden and The Velveteen Rabbit) so I can compare work by different illustrators.  Beatrix Potter, Cicely Mary Barker, Jessie Wilcox Smith and Arthur Rackham are among my most favourite.

Last, but not least, hubby and I collect salt ware pottery by Eldreth Potter in Lancaster, PA.  A friend bought me a small crock as a joke (for a sugar bowl).  My bowl was really small and always needed filling.  We got the last laugh because we now have complete place settings for 12 plus all the accessory pieces they make, including tea pots. 

I'm posting a few picturess - hope you like them.

hugs,

Brenda

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Wendy  YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Yoda, I am an ewok girl, but I must give Yoda his props!!!!!
Chrissi I love all your stuff, it  just makes me feel like I was when I was a little girl.
Teresa I love all those stuffed animals, is that a hamster I see, if it is , way cool!!!!!
Brenda all the Rabbits are great , I have some of the same R john Wright pieces, I LOVE his stuff, but Duh!!!! who doesn't and I love your pottery too.
Shelli, there is a really great saying about bird houses but for the life of me I can't remember it, but it has to do with a loving heart, which fits you to a T.
Kim that picture is priceless
Dust  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  hey wait I collect that too

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

011.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg01.jpgThis is a great thread, everyones collections are lovely.
I think i must be the biggest collector of everything, my Dad calls my house the museum.
I collect bears, handmade pottery, butterflies, gnomys diaries, stained glass, feathers,fairy's, angels i could go on and on.I think i have a problem bear_grin  bear_grin
Here are a few photo's of my cottage and these are just down stairs.upstairs is just as bad.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

MorpheusMacPohlen.jpgrochesterandstockport.jpgSamson.jpgChampers.jpgbobby.jpgbigtedbiggestbaby.jpgBarty.jpgbabyandbrian.jpgBigTedpal.jpgAbigail.jpgWhat a great thread!  I love the collections!!

Here are mine ... well, some of them!  Big bears and piggies ...

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Piggy3.jpgPiggies5.jpgPiggies4.jpgPiggies2.jpgPiggies1.jpgValentine.jpgSebastianBarty.jpgJaneHummebear.jpgoops ... ran out of space ... (the little pink girl bear isn't a big 'un by the way, she's my one concession to tiny bears and at 2.5cms she sure is tiny!  She's by Sally Lambert and Sally also made the even tinier pink bear in the cage which is FULLY JOINTED!!!!)

My piggies are all by handpainted vintage Arthur Wood and I love 'em!  Yes, I do save my pennies in them too!!

I also have quite a large collection of Boscastle Pottery which is beautiful.  See the little lilac vase on my dressing table?  There's a whole lot more in the house!  Vases, teapots (I especially love my teapots, some of which have two and three spouts!) pots, mugs ... you name it.  I collect some each time I visit Cornwall.  It's completely unique to the potter who lives and works in Boscastle in Cornwall ... such a beautiful place to visit.

Also, Boyds ceramics!  I seem to have gathered quite a collection of them over the years .. always bought for me as gifts, which is lovely.  Unfortunately some were broken in my recent house move, but the others are spread around the house for me to enjoy.

Chloe, you have a wonderful home!  I love it!  And I spy with my little eye ... yes, one of my panda bears from some time ago ... I'm thrilled to see it as part of your collection!!!!  :hug:

Brenda, I'm like you too ... can't resist children's books and now have a small collection myself.  I can't resist Peter Pan, Treasure Island, Just So Stories by Kipling, Chronicles of Narnia, Tom's Midnight Garden, The Water Babies, Winnie The Pooh (of course!)  ... oh the list goes on and on!!  I recently hunted and hunted so that I could find my sister an early copy of 'The Velveteen Rabbit' because she loved it so much as a little girl.  She was over the moon with it!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

What cool collections! I love looking at evberyones bears: you all seem to have fabulous taste bear_tongue

Whilst at university it is hard for me to collect 'things', due to limited room and of course cash, so my psyche's response has been to sub-conciously collect weirdo's and lunatics XD They seem drawn to me, I'm beating them off like flies! (well, not literally, of course...) I find myself currently stuck on a corridor of boys, and the things they say when you're 'not listening'... bear_tongue

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

snakes-tt.jpgWhat fantastic collections you all have, would love to browse around your houses!!

Until a few weeks ago I had over 50 pottery owls but gave them to charity as we are putting our house on the market in a few weeks and needed an uncluttered look, also my taste has changed somewhat and had gone off them.  I am now collecting pottery snakes (when I can find them!)  here is a picture and they will be coming to my new house.  Hoping to build up this collection when I can.  I know they aren't everybody's cup of tea but I think there is a certain beauty in them and they are still God's creatures.

I do have a collection of bears but not a huge one, like Shelli I also collect magazines and cannot part with any, a lot of them are in storage boxes and put away at the moment.

Warm wishes
Pauline

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Things Russian.... a couple of collections of plates... Birds and Flowers of the Orient...and Hummingbirds.... love birds.... of course, my bears that I cannot part with yet... some English antique bits that came to Canada with my Mom and my Aunt...pastels of birds and cats... sigh... it goes on and on from the curio to the walls, to the barrister bookcase....What_do_I_collect_May_12_2007_.jpg_006.jpgWhat_do_I_collect_May_12_2007_.jpg_009.jpgWhat_do_I_collect_May_12_2007_.jpg_005.jpgWhat_do_I_collect_May_12_2007_.jpg_001.jpg

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_shocked Oh wow! What interesting collections you all have and I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures  bear_original  Okay, so what do I collect, hmmmm! Well, I have quite a big collection of artist bears from different countries and makers - a small collection of Jan McLean Dolls but don't collect anymore, not really a doll person. I have collections of Harmony Kingdom - sculptured wild bears - dogs - frogs - mice - Penguins etc. Think that's the lot, as you see I love my animals.  bear_wub

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower
PS...Maybe I'll get the camera out and take some pictures, hmmmm!

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

collections2.jpgcollections1.jpgLove everyone's collections!  I would love to collect artist bears but don't have the money for it unfortunately.  Here are some pics of my current collections.

Pic 1.  Polymer fairy collection and vintage pin cushions
Pic 2.  Cabbage Patch Dolls (the red head is my original doll I had as a child), and some Barbies

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I love seeing and reading about everyone's collections. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marlys, Daphne -- Lucky girls!  Please post photos of your dishes.

Shelli: Lordy Lady, do you know what you're asking? I'd have to clear the clutter and dust before I could take any pictures...let me give that some thought.    bear_happy    I love your birdhouses. I only have one birdhouse that my best friend's husband made and painted for me. It's up on a high shelf and I don't always see it, but I'll try to remember to get it down.

Catherine:  I bought two of the original cloth Cabbage Patch Kids signed by Xavier Roberts back about 1975/76 for my daughter...Belinda Dale and Hector York. She left them when she went to college and I love them. A friend of mine had a gift shop and she carried the originals. Another friend that I went to high school with must have bought about 30 of them and they were for her. She bought clothes for them and changed their clothes regularly and for holidays.

Thanks so much to everyone for sharing their pictures. I love them. bear_flower

teeeej Brisbane

Ohh I love collecting! I still live with my parents (long story, house half mine...). Their stuff takes up most of the house so I have only my bedroom and office to keep things in. bear_cry  bear_cry

Anyway... I collect DRAGONS! I started with dragon statues and books. one.JPG
Then I ran out of room on my bookcase. then I moved onto soft toy dragons.
Then I decided to make my own dragons so I collected patterns. I subsequently discovered teddy bear making and signed up for a class. Now I am starting to accumulate bear stuff. My poor floor, I don't see it often.
two.JPG
three.JPG

Ok, I am a bit of a hoarder. I just need a second and third bedroom to use as storage and a craft room and I would be all set! Yes Mum, I will clean my room today. :crackup:
(I will move out, I will move out!)

-----------------------
Therese

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Such interesting collections! I collect stuffed animals of every kind, always have and always will.....I collect Bone China miniature animals or glass ones, difficult to find now, but find them every once in a while on eBay. I started collecting these when I was about 3rd grade. Ir emember taking my bunnies to school for show and tell and one of the boys in my class broke one! So mad, and still remember it, don't remember the boy! I also have a collection of cast iron trivets and I collect Sugars, you know, the ones in the packs on the table in the restaurant. I will try to get pictures later and post them.

Keep showing us your collections!
Ellen

PaintsNMinis Sidhe Bears
Vienna, NJ

Volkswagen Bugs!  LOL.  I found one on the road one time.  Then found another.  Just little metal toys, not even matchboxes.  Someone saw the two of them sitting on a shelf, and thought I needed another... and they bought me a matchbox VW Bug.  (the old fashioned bug, not the newer one).  Then someone got me a Transformer (remember the old ones?  LOL, now they're back in style again!) VW Bug.  And a few more here and there, next thing I knew, I had quite a collection of VW Bugs.  (still looking for more too!)  I don't actively go out of my way to collect them... they just seem to find me bear_original 

My daughter collected My Little Ponies, and I just came across the case of them the other day.

Books: tons of books on tons of subjects, not to mention fiction of all types.  Horse books of all types.  And my daughter's old Fear Street RL Stine books... she had tons of them!

Robyn

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

sugars.jpgTrivets.jpgChina-3.jpgChina-2.jpgChina-1.jpgBear-2.jpgBear-3.jpgBear-1.jpgWell, I took my pictures today, hopefully I can get them all on here. It is a little hard taking pictures of the miniature animals since they are in a case with a mirror in back. One of the favorite sayings on my trivets is:
"It begins when you sink in his arms, and ends with your arms in the sink!" and
"Kissing don't last, cooking do"

Ellen

OK here is kind of an interesting collection thing, my 11 year old son collects gift cards, which I completely understand, some of them are really cool, Targets are amazing, when he finds a new one I have to buy it for 1 dollar, which it is silly but really it's not an expensive hobby so I let him do it, so next time you are in a check out line take a look at them they are mini works of art.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Here are pics of my floaty pen collection and my artist bears collection:

PICT0006_Medium.JPG PICT0013_Medium.JPG

I also have a collection of Beatrix Potter music boxes that are packed.  I collected them when my daughter, Tracy, was a baby and I'm giving them to her now that she is going to have a baby.  She's doing the nursery in Beatrix Potter fabrics. 

I collect dishes too.  I have about 8 sets of dishes.  My favorite is a set of antique brown Stafordshire transferware that I use for Thanksgiving.

Patty, Don't you love the floaty pens, I think they are really cool, you know it's funny, I noticed something, a lot of us collect the same type things, which makes me think that because we are creative, we tend to go towards the same things. Which I really like, it makes me feel connected to a lot of you.

Hugs
Jodi

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Yes, Jody, I love to collect the floaty pens.  They are getting harder to find though.  I've been buying tourist type pens when I can't find floaties.  Like the Statue of Liberty and Louisville Slugger pens there. 

There does seem to be a lot of the same things being collected.  Then some really unique ones too.

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

WOW, everyone's collections are amazing.  My son collects action hero figures, but he does not even open the boxes and no one is even to touch it.  (I hope he dusts the boxes every now and again though bear_noexpression )

I have finally taken some pics of my collections.  First on the list is my antique bells....these specific ones were all used as "carriage bells".  The bells are hanging off pure silk ropes/cords.   One stray little bell is tied to the other bells with an old shoe lace, which just happens to be the same colour as the silk cords.   The bells also came with tags, which dates then back to the 1930's.
COLLECTIONS_-BELLS.jpgCOLLECTIONS_BELLS_TAGS.jpg

Second up is some of the oldies and artist bears in my collection:  This is not my whole collection just bits of it.
COLLECTIONS_JANE.jpgCOLLECTIONS_001_BEARS.jpgCOLLECTIONS_002_BEARS.jpgCOLLECTIONS_007.jpgCOLLECTIONS_004.jpgCOLLECTIONS_BEARS_1.jpg

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

All your collections are fabulous!!!  It's fun taking a peek at your lovelies!!  Thank you so much for sharing your pictures!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm loving these collectibles, too.  You guys are great sports to share your collections with photos especially.  Ilze, I just LOVE those bells!  Keep it coming, all.  I'll never get tired of this stuff...

bear_original

LuckyPennyBears Lucky Penny Bears
MA

WOW!!! I Loved looking at all the great pictures of everyone's collectables!  bear_wub

I collect keychains, I have about 30 of them and use them everyday, though it is getting quite heavy so I'll have to weed it out so I don't hurt the car or myself bear_grin ...the good thing is I Never lose my keys! My husband and MIL buy them for me when they travel.

I also collect beach sand, I have baggies of sand from Hawaii, Nantucket, Aruba, Bermuda and about a dozen other beaches around the world.

I have tupperwares full of Beanie Babies that I've decided can be donated to the local hospital, to pass out to the sick kids to cheer them up...they're doing me no good sitting in the attic!

I also have a huge collection of Teddy Bear Times and Teddy Bear & Friends Magazines, also in the attic, which I'll probably never be able to part with!

And for some odd and unknown reason I have a large collection of notebooks, I must have about 20 of them in the house but I just keep buying more!! They're all sizes, pocket sized up to standard notebook size...I actually LOVE shopping with the kids for back to school and usually buy myself a bunch of notebooks and 3-4 "good" pens. Weird!

I almost forgot about my Kelly dolls (Barbie's little sister), I have 2 huge tupperwares of them in the attic, all in their nice mint boxes...I used to display them but my boys took to opening their boxes and playing with them *Gasp*  :crackup:  so off to the attic (protection) they went, they may find their way onto ebay someday, as I'm not terribly attached to them.

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Wow!!! Great collections everyone!!!  I have really enjoyed reading everything on this post.

I have finally got around to photographing some of my collections.  :photo:
My biggest passion, of course, is my collection of artist bears, so I have included a photo of my main display of artist bears which are in our bedroom.
I also have a passion for all things miniature.  I have included a couple of photos of two of my dollshouses (there are more!!!!), and my miniature Harry Potter scene.  All of these are still  'works in progress'.
I also collect handmade miniature cats.  Bear in mind that all of these are about 3cm tall!!! 
I love dolls aswell!!!  I just have so many collections!!!!

100_3556.jpg

100_3559a.jpg

100_3560a.jpg

100_3561a.jpg

100_3537.jpg

100_3539.jpg

100_3543.jpg

100_3553.jpg

100_3527.jpg

I'm really sorry about the millions of photos - I just realised that I got a bit excited!!!! :redface:  :redface:

LuckyPennyBears Lucky Penny Bears
MA

Samantha, My 12 year old Harry Potter lovin' son just saw your HP miniatures and LOVED them!! bear_wub

Board footer