Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

sewing-machines.jpgcutting-table.jpgprototype-bears.jpgcomputer.jpgstorage.jpgmohair-hanging.jpgWell I finally had a few moments to catch up on what's been going on and I must say you are all very organised! I have really enjoyed looking at all your photos.

Here are some pictures of my studio, starting with mohair hanging space, then the storage for disc etc. etc. and my ultrasuede, then my computer desk with printer and scanner, then my prototypes and bears for adoption, cutting table (also for classes), bookcase full of reference books and then my sewing & embroidery machines which hooks up to the other computer and my overlocker...these are not used to sew bears by the way...I sew them all by hand.

Thank you all for sharing your wonderful pics.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Wowsers Sandi that is incredible.  And so neat *peers guiltily around at piles of stuff*

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

Sandi....what a Genious way to store your mohair.   :clap:  I want one.  Don't know where I'd put it in my "One Butt" studio though  bear_original
Big Hugs,
Denise  bear_grin

Bambridge Bears wrote:

Wowsers Sandi that is incredible.  And so neat *peers guiltily around at piles of stuff*

Bron...it's not always that neat. I had to clean up today ready for class in the morning!  bear_grin

denisepurrington wrote:

Sandi....what a Genious way to store your mohair.   :clap:  I want one.  Don't know where I'd put it in my "One Butt" studio though  bear_original
Big Hugs,
Denise  bear_grin

Denise...that's a remnant from a previous business and it just goes to prove that being a hoarder sometimes pays off!! If you are really looking for one, try a second hand shop fitting supplier...it's amazing what great things you can find there.

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

Thanks Sandi. Do you mean like a store fixtures shop?  It really is perfect for hanging your mohair. Keeps it tidy & it looks cool while it's doing it's job  bear_original
Thanks for the tip. Now, I'm sure half us TT Gals are going to be out looking for our local store fixtures shops tomorrow.
Big Hugs,
Denise  bear_grin

Yep, that's right Denise ... I wasn't sure what you called them over there ... but I see you got my drift okay.  bear_laugh

Good Hunting!

mwaggs2 Quilts-N-Critters
Middletown, Ohio
Website

Hi Tami

Come on Over! Your always Welcome. I really don't like working (playing) alone.

Does anyone else have that problem?

Marilyn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow, Sandi!!!! Awesome studio!!! Denise.... you might also check with any retail places that are going out of business. I've gotten some great stuff that way!

Marilyn - I hate working alone but then I don't want anyone else but me making a mess out of my studio! LOL! It's an only-child thing I guess!

Kim- The Christmas Tree Shop is one of my most favorite places to shop! Ironically I can never spend less than $100 when I go there... BECAUSE everything is so cheap I HAVE to have EVERYTHING!  :crackup:  When we lived on Cape Cod there were 3 of 'em within a half hour from my house! And they all carried something different! It was heaven and torture all at the same time!

Sue Ann - I'll be down just so soon as hurricane season is over. I'll just sleep in your chair with the cat and entertain myself with your ribbon stash and seeking out all of your mohair so need to go to a fuss! I won't be any trouble at all! Can I watch the birds and see your garden from that big window too?
:hug:

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I love seeing everyone's spaces! And since you've been brave enough to show yours, I'll show mine. This is as clean as it's ever likely to get.

My office space is in the right corner. My brother-in-law works for an office supply place, so we've got a long wrap-around desk. I keep meaning to put cabinets above the desk, but have not yet had the time, money, and installation guy available at the same time.
DSC01851-sm.JPG

Another view, with my tiny window and shelves. I, too, shop at Bins 'R' Us for most storage needs.
DSC01852-sm.JPG

My scrapbooking and craft desk is behind my work desk. The door to the left leads to the utility space. I'm working on the organization; too much stuff, not enough space!
DSC01853-sm.JPG

My husband's desk is to the left of mine. Three of the filing cabinets are mine; one is his.
DSC01854-sm.JPG

The shelves above the cabinet hold bears and books.
DSC01855-sm.JPG

The door next to the filing cabinet leads to his game room. The sign above the door says, "Beyond this place, there be dragons."
DSC01856-sm.JPG

The view from my chair to the door. The door with stuff on the back leads to the TV room; the other door leads to The Closet of Horror. It's supposed to be a bathroom, but turned into a closet when I found out how much an upflush toilet costs. The C of H is crammed with art supplies, games, office supplies, show supplies, and random work stuff.
DSC01857-sm.JPG

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

MKinsey/TBF wrote:

My husband's desk is to the left of mine. Three of the filing cabinets are mine; one is his.

Hahaha!  Typical!  Love it!  Also love the "Closet of Horrors" concept.  I wish I had a closet in which to stick my horrors.  They usually end up strewn in the hallway or shoved in a corner somewhere, because I think I've maxed out actual usable space.  Thanks for showing us your workspace, Mindy. It's very cool to see where it all happens!

Kim/toadbriar... Meant to mention when I saw your pics how magically chaotic, in a good way, your work space looks.  I want to come over for some illustration and painting lessons.  Can I please?

Sandi, your studio space is astounding.  So much stuff and so nicely stored.  Are those teddy bear themed curtains I see?  I'm with Denise; that rack for your mohair is AWESOME; useful and looks good, too.  Really a great space, and with a lot of warmth!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Ha Ha Shel! You are so right!

We do actually have a 2 bedroom house but we also have a small office as well on the mail floor. I can see the confusion from my post! I had a brain FART again!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

bear_original bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower bear_original

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I'm loving this thread not only because I get to see everyone's studios, but because I get a peek at their stuff!!

Mindy, you have that Bev White Anatomy Bear from the poster!! So cool! Was there only one? I kept meaning to buy that poster because the idea was so cool, but they sold out before I did.

Shelli wrote:

Sandi, your studio space is astounding.  So much stuff and so nicely stored.  Are those teddy bear themed curtains I see?  I'm with Denise; that rack for your mohair is AWESOME; useful and looks good, too.  Really a great space, and with a lot of warmth!

Yep they sure are Shelli ... one can't possibly have a bear den without teddy curtains! bear_grin  bear_grin
And they certainly brighten up the place and give it a cosy feeling, which in turn makes it comfortable for me to work in ... or maybe I should say live in, considering I spend most of my time in there these days.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I think Bev made three "See-Thru" bears. The TB Museum in Naples had one, I have one, and I think Bev has one. That was one of my all-time favorite projects.

I think that photo also shows a sample TOBY, a cover bear, several craft-project animals, a vintage Knickerbocker bear, and several manufacturers' samples ... among other things. :)

Mindy

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Mindy, Thx for being the Poster Child for those of us who would not dare to post pix after seeing All of the previous room postings.
How I would LOVE to work in any one of those!!

But my reality is like Mindy's; I'm comforable and not to afraid of tripping as I move around! There were years that I virtually had a path....

I'm a 50% neat person. I start out fine - but don't put things away when I'm finished....
That's the discipline one needs to keep a neat & clean anything!

Here's my desk, a knitting machine tabletop that DH built for me when I had my custom knitting business:
studio11.jpg
You'll note the wall border of SHEEP! I don't collect bears... but have an affinity for sheep/wool since I began knitting @ 5.
This is the Ott light that I would move to the dining room table (in the Light Box thread) as my overhead light.
See my TOBY '08 Call for Entries info hanging there!!??

studio12.jpg
2 tall bookshelf units they were throwing out at either Budget or the American Lib Assn downtown. DH was an electrician and we got all sorts of great castoffs from his accounts when they remodeled.
My Christmas Book collection on the top shelves.
Folders to my right at the computer so I PUT THINGS AWAY instead of letting more piles seed themselves.
In the middle of this pic there's a white rectangle on its side; that's one of three+ binders I have full of Bear images that I want to needle felt. This one is filled with just polars.... Retire? What's that?

One corner of the dining room, an old family display case w/some of my awards housed with some of our black-on-black pottery. This is one of my only 2 'bear' collection displays.
studio13.jpg
On the wall next to the cabinet is my highly appreciated and prized letter from Eleanor Roosevelt: I wrote her when I was a HS senior for advice on which books to read for my Sr term paper on the WPA. I figured "Go to the top. What can it hurt?"
It's a short letter, hand-typed and signed by her; she had a column in McCall's magazine at the time and I wrote to her there. It's preserved archivally, along with two First Day of Issue of the envelope/stamps honoring her. One of my few historical 'prizes'!!

LOL - don't even ASK about that elk rack!! My Dad found them in the nearby Colorado mountains and brought them to Don. I thought they were going on the garage...
I said "Over my dead body..." I still haven't quite figured out how we both ended up inside the house. The lower wood bench in the sunroom used to be beneath them - they need to be moved up ... or OUT!!!

studio14.jpg
Here's where I Needle Felt at night; this sunroom is off the kitchen and I can see the TV that's on top of the refrig from here.

No, you're NOT going to see my inventory in the basement!  I showed only one upper corner in the photo studio pix.
DH & DS are finally installing that 1" x 8" oak baseboard and the quarter rounds that you see along the back wall in the sunroom and kitchen (I sanded and I stained them all 15 years ago when we gutted the kitchen and sunroom and rebuilt them ourselves.)
The long stacks of wood have been right down the center of my half of the basement. Until they're all installed in the dining & living rooms and gone, I cannot get to my bottom row - 25' - of tubs, so the wool bags are piled on the wood stacks. Makes life challenging & interesting!
In order for the rest of the wood to go, that 30 yo blue wallpaper in the dining room has to go, re-drywall old plaster walls that have disintegrated over 120+ years and then the baseboard & 1/4 rounds can go into the dining & living rooms.
But that's not going to even start until this high heat & 90% humidity go.
It's only been 15 years, I guess I can wait another few months...

Can we do Gardens next?  Now THERE's a topic I can get into!!!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Bobbie - your DH sounds a lot like mine! He has basically renovated the majority of our 1860's farm house - but nothings is completely finished! Frustrating as all h**. It's a good thing he's cute  bear_wub

Marion

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hey, I love your work area, Bobbie. It looks friendly and sunny and bright and full of character -- in a good way.  I am so jealous of those with sunrooms.  Someday I'll have one; I can't hardly wait.

Like you, when it comes to keeping house, I start neat but never put anything away, either, which is why every so often I have to do a mass cleanup just to find my work table again.  So nice to know you're a kindred spirit!  I really don't know why people think my photos showed a "neat" space.  Did anyone notice the ramshackle way things are shoved into my desk hutch and the ribbons dangling from their spools?  I guess it's a good thing I posted smallish photos!

PS  I like your blue and white color scheme.

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

It have been SO much fun seeing everyones working space.

This is mine - I have a really small room (3 metre x 2 metre).
I´m sharing the room with my hubby who paint, so there´s space for his canvas, paints, paintbrushes ect. too

myroom1_1.JPG

myroom2_1.JPG

myroom3_1.JPG

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

TT-Copy-of-My-Bear-Making-Suppy-Closet.jpgI really enjoyed looking at everybodys work space. Here is a picture of my teddy bear making supply closet.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Tina, your workspace is wonderful. Makes me want to create tiny handsewn bears so I can get rid of all the big junk on my desktop.

Michelle, I'd like to dive into all that soft fuzziness in your closet.  Looks like you can't keep your hands off it either!

K Pawz Guest

Thank you so much everyone for the most enjoyable morning! I have sat here for the last hour with my coffee drooling over everyone's workspaces....I think today will be a day of reoranization.

Hugs,
Krista

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Here's a giggle (can't believe I'm posting this!!)

I'm SUPER late to this thread, but our computer decided to up and quit and it stayed that way for a week.  I can't tell you the # of times I thought..." I'll just look that up" and realized I had no way to do it.  Phone #s, directions.....little things you don't even think about.  Not having access to my web site, blog, forums and plain old email was just torture.  BUT we had a ton going on, so the time flew by. 

I just got my studio completely organized from top to bottom.  Posted a pic on my blog of my pretty mohair in it's new cabinet and then THIS happened!!!    :crackup:

We had hardwood floors installed in most of the house. I love it and I'm not complaining in the slightest....BUT when we squeezed the last bit of stuff into the only room not getting floors...MY STUDIO...well, I just about had the biggest mental freak out ever.  I made my hub promise about 30 times that within 2 days my studio would be back to it's perfectly organized self.  (I have to take pics of that still!!)  I was in the studio working again as of yesterday.

Here's what it looked like just days ago bear_cry  bear_grin

Where's my STUDIO??!!  :crackup:  :crackup:

studio_1_copy.jpg
studio_2_copy.jpg

:hug:
~Chrissi

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Chrissi - what I scream! We can tell that you're organized anyway - in spite of the extras poked in there. Ben there. Done that. Twice.... Never again!

And Michelle - I TOLD you that you'd look better with a new avatar image. Your current one is hundreds of tin\mes better than your last one. That one really looked like your Mom (who I've never met...) but I HAVE met you in person and KNOW that wasn't your best look.
The one taken in your mohair closet is the best yet & tells everyone how cute (she's barely 5' tall. I think...) and young you really are!!!

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Everyone: I know I am little slow at getting my work space on here....but the room was kinda messy! I finally have a floor! I have really enjoyed "snooping" into everyone's rooms...each one so different. The first three pics are in sequence...the last two are reversed.

Hugs, NancyCraft_Rm1.jpg Craft_Rm2.jpgCraft_Rm3.jpgCraft_Rm4.jpgCraft_Rm5.jpg

Board footer