Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

rkr4cds wrote:

P.S.  Let's see we're now at Page 8. Kelly, you've just learned The Most Valuable Lesson here: following some of our inane conversations can eat up whole days. Don't fall into our trap or you'll see a definite drop in Productivity!

Yes Bobbie, but what FUN everyone is having!!!  I've tried to stay off the computer so much for a few days and look at what I've missed!!

Kelly, I thought I had my "perfect studio" pictured in my head... until I saw YOURS!!!!!   THAT is what I think would be perfect!  It's just lovely... and made even more perfect for you with the help you had making your new space with your parents  bear_wub

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website
rkr4cds wrote:

Nice New avatar Pic, Debora! I was just admiring you & DH yesterday in your past one.
I can see now how you stay so LEAN!! LOL

How funny that you spied my new picture so quickly! bear_laugh Hubby just snapped it yesterday. The bear is one I started way back...probably almost six years ago...and he's still not finished! bear_whistle But I love his fur. I'm just loath to break the cotter pin in his neck to give him a smaller body. Oh, and I need to design his arms and legs, too! Egads. Poor bear. bear_sad  (And as for staying lean, well,  bear_whistle I have gained a bit due to some medication I had to take for a medical issue recently. I am NOT liking being uncomfortable in my clothes! I think in addition to the stairs that it's high time to get outside every day for a good walk. Wish I had Kelly's lovely studio to walk past! bear_flower )

thumperantiques wrote:

Well, we've been here almost 2 years now, and the rooms are still the same - boxes are not unpacked,...

Brenda, you make me chuckle. I'll allow you to win. bear_happy But I must say that I have much (OK, most) of my bear supplies still in boxes. Hubby hijacked my "jewelry" cabinet with drawers that held many of my supplies. The top drawer has rows for rings and earrings that were perfect for segmenting glass eyes and laying out nose floss. I may yet try to take it back a drawer at a time, but there's still the problem of it being on the top floor of the house, holding my printer on top. Oh, well!

doodlebears wrote:

Hi Kelly, I have just looked at all the pictures of your studio and wow what a dream place to work each day. You really have made a wonderful world all of your own. I have posted befor about your Don Quixote and said how amazing I think it is, but I didn't ralise just how big he is. Kelly you are such a treasure to your neighbours, I wish I had a neighbour that would decorate the street for us at Christmas. Your garden loos wonderful, what a creative guy you really are Mr Dean!

Jane, I have to agree! I'm so glad you've come along and shared with us, Mr. Dean! bear_smile  bear_thumb

Bear hugs,
~Debora

Dilu Posts: 8,574

SZ1.jpgWell since i haven't posted piccys and it got brought up again.....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Dilu!
Do we get to peek inside???? bear_happy

SZ4.jpgSZ11.jpgSZ8.jpgSZ10.jpgSZ6.jpgSZ5.jpgSZ9.jpgSZ1.jpgSZ7.jpgoops....OK  and don't all be aghast at the mess....it is slowly getting corraled and controlled:

1.  The SewsZone  all 650 sq feet of her

2.  the wall of fabric...12 feet long 3.5 feet deep so the bins are double deep

3.  by the washer/dryer overflow slip and molds-also where molded greenware dries  and all the dyes and fabric paints are in the cupboards up above

4.  The first dolls. not good enough to show and my featherweight-

5.  A quilt that needs the braided boarder and  batting and quilting....why is it just hanging there.....she is going to be 108X108......I am till looking for the rest of my quilting gizmo that lets me quilt without having to fold and haul the heavy quilt around under the sewingmachine.....until we find the rest of that I'm not trying to quilt it...thy\ere is just so much one can do......

6.  kiln the small one

7.  The sewing station...Pfaff and Bernina set up to sew at all times
8. more dolls and kimonos

The bathroom is the photography studio-the kitchen island is the cutting station where the scissors and cutters are kept in the drawers ,the cupboards house molds and slip and other odd craft things-like a pint of lavendar and rose oil.....i don't know why, but I must have had an idea.....

The wall opposite of the fabric storage area is shelving and drawers-tools in the drawers and books and mags on the shelves

the closet is mohair hanging and file cabinets with 30 years of patterns-sheesh

the round trash can holds bolts-its new so I haven't piccys.  All the windows have quilts that are put in them with tension rods, especially at night, the insulation keeps the house warmer at night in the winter,  yes they are triple paned...but here's the deal, by keeping the windows covered at night there is less an electric bill so that I can move that money saved to the fabrics to buy isle.  And in my mind that equates to fabric or a new mold

there is a college dorm room fridge by the front door, covered in a quilt so that I could use the fridge space for shelving for the molds and more counter work space.

The kiln is in the stove's  place, and the bench outside the front door is where the dry sanding if greenware takes place-where I use the dremel grinder to make arm and leg holes fit on the bodies

The ast station is an old desk where the greenware is given its fine tuning before getting cooked again- it is also where painting takes place- as the lighting is the best there.

It works

i am lucky to have it.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Dilu,
    What I wouldn't give to have a space like that -you lucky girl!!!

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

VERY AWESOME!!!  Think I'd spend all my waking hours in a studio like that - bravo for you!

oh sue Ann-I do! to be sure....And th best time is 1 -5 am.....no one poking their head in to see if I'm alive.... :crackup: .

rule number one-no phone----I have one but it is tucked into the cuboard-so I never hear it ring.  its only for emergencies in my mind.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Gosh, I loved this thread the first time around, I am glad its resurfaced again, thanks. :hug:

Kelly my goodness what a wonderland you have there, thanks for sharing with us "WOW"  wish I was there.  Well next time I am in the US I might just have to wonder on  by.....  LOL    :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  Love the pics of Mindy too.  bear_original

Sue your work space is so neat and organised, good on you.  :clap:  :clap:  Wish I could keep mine like that.

Dilu love your studio too you lucky girl.  :clap:  :clap:  :hug:

Keep this thread going everyone its so inspirational. :pray:  :pray:

Pages:

Board footer