Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hi there!  A couple of months ago, and then again last week, I had e Mails concerning custom made real fur bears..... I don't work with real fur, so I had to turn them both down,  bear_sad  but does anyone do, or know anyone who does do special order real fur bears in the 15-20 inch range?  One lady was looking in the $400-$500 range and the other said $650.00 was her top limit.  I told each of them that I'd be happy to look around and see if I could find someone for them... so if you know of anyone, I'd love to pass along a link to these two ladies... I HATE saying "no" to people, and it would be so much easier for me to stomach it if I could at least be able to say, "No, I don't do them, but X does....."
You can e mail me, or PM me, or just post it here!  Thanks!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild  Thyme Originals

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I think Judi Paul does this, and I recently started making real fur bears, although I don't feel confident enough to cut up someone's own heirloom coat just yet.  It's very hard work and takes special skills and research to work with real fur.

Tammy and Winney both make real fur bears, if memory serves.  Maybe them ...???

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would say Judi or Tammy - since Shelli didnt volunteer, I wont volunteer her  bear_happy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Kim,
I used to do custom orders and might be willing to take this on.  You can certainly pass my name along and my website ( there is a memory bear page) .  They can contact me with details if they are  interesed- I'm in Canada.  I generally do custom orders in the 12-18" range.   My little bears are made for collectors only. 

bear_laugh

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Thanks girls!  I will pass that information along, as well as the info of those who PM'd me and e Mailed me.... WOW!  You gals can really make some lovely bears from real fur!  Simply breathtaking!  I'm just NOT ready to go there yet...  I asked them if they had the fur... both do, both are heirloom coats, but not all that old, so I'd imagine that they'd be in pretty good shape.  One lady said hers is only about 20 years old, was worn for 5 years by her mother and then professionally stored by a furrier (she lives in FLA, and I'm sure she never really had a chance to break it out!)  The other is a beaver coat. 
She said that she asked the furrier down in Florida if he knew anyone who make teddies from fur and he said that he had heard of it, but couldn't recommend anyone... he had had many people ask him about it in the past 15 years since he's been there though.  You ladies that make heirloom fur bears... have you considered passing out a few cards to furriers in your area?  Might be a decent source of referrals!? 

Oh... anyone else you might want to send me your info, please do.... I won't be e Mailing them until Monday or Tuesday. 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kim, go ahead and give her my website info.  www.luxembears.com   I am pretty busy but may be able to help her ..  Thanks for thinking of me Shelli and Kim bear_original

Board footer