Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Teddy09328 Esche B�r

Please, please... me too :clap:  very nice idea bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a great take-up!  Thank you all for your kind interest in this challenge.  I have emailed the challenge file to everyone above this post, with the exception of those of you I have emailed to request your email address .. I'm afraid the email facility TT provides doesn't allow me to send an email with an attachment to you, so I will need your actual email addresses to enable me to forward the file attachment for you to print out. 

If you prefer your email addresses not to be posted on TT, please send an email to me at allbearbypaula@aol.com and I will send you the challenge file by return.  Please note, I only need your email address if you haven't already received the challenge file.

Most email addresses I managed to find on members' websites etc., but if anyone else would like to play, I'd be really grateful if you could let me have your email address so that I don't have to do quite so much detective work!  bear_tongue

Well, I'm really looking forward to this challenge and can't wait to hear how you are all getting on!  Please feel free to share your thoughts about how you are coping with the challenge on this thread.

By the way, for those of you concerned about the deadline, it is a flexible 'end Novemberish' ... I hope that works for you! bear_original

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_rolleyes

How about swapping the bears after the challenge   :dance:

:hug:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I would like to give it a try Paula as long as I can finish it in time as I have 5 commissions at the moment  bear_shocked 
I think it will be really interesting to see how different everyones bears turn out and of course we want to see yours Paula at the end of the challenge. :photo:  bear_original 
You have my e mail address Paula as I am on your mailing list. bear_thumb
That sounds like a good idea Birgitte  bear_flower
Laurie :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hi Paula,

I need a bearmaking boost...I've been very stagnant and downright bored (shame on me).  I'd love to give this challenge a try.

Thanks for a great idea!!!

Shantell

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Paula,
Please count me in on this one.  It sounds like such fun.  It will be interesting to see what we all end up with.
Thanks for the idea.
Donna

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I'll have a go.  This will be my first pattern so this is a bug step for me and I may need some help with design - ooo I'm quite excited now and (if I'm truthfull) alittle nervous  bear_whistle  Will send my email add to you via pm - thanks Paula

Hugs Ali x

Kent
Website

Ooh lovely!  More challengees!!  This is going to be fun!!  Thank you all for taking part ... I think I've sent everyone above this email the pattern piece by email, so if you haven't received yours yet, please let me know and I'll re-send.

Ali, congratulations on taking the plunge with your very first design ... please shout out if you would like any help, I'm sure we'll all be happy to give advice if it's needed. bear_thumb

Birgitte, would it be okay for anyone hoping to swap bears after the challenge to contact you?   bear_flower

Kent
Website

Goody!!  Have just emailed you the pattern piece Ellen ... have fun!  bear_thumb

nandesign Posts: 361

Oh Paula...I would like the piece as well. Thank-you in advance.

Hugs, Nancy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a great idea, Paula!  Will you please send me your side head?  (HaHa, that sounds funny.)  bear_original  I might just give this a whirl!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Paula, this is a great challenge...I can't wait to shrink that head  bear_grin have emailed you an alternative email addy.

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

This would be my first challenge. I'll give it a shot.

Denmark

Hi Paula

I was thinking of something like everyone finds out for them selves, who want to swap with each other. Not somebody to put two and two together. Do you know what I mean?

Kent
Website

That's fine by me Birgitte ... we'll leave everyone to decide what they want to do x

Two more for the pot!  Hopefully you will both have received the pattern piece by email now ...

I would like to announce the official opening of our 'A-Head of Design' challenge gallery!  Many thanks to the multi-talented and wonderful Quy for his support!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Denmark

That is great . Our own gallery.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I'm ready to join in too!
Nancy bear_thumb

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

Hello all,
I have just finished my bear!!!!   bear_smile but it's too dark to take a decent photo now, so that will have to wait until tomorrow :photo: ( oh and I did do some housework today......well I loaded the dishwasher and switched the washing machine on, and we had fish and chips for tea,which was a bung it all in the oven job and take it out 25 mins later LOLOL).
The little bear in question has not told me his name yet . He measures about 4.25" tall and is a traditional style bear with longer thinner arms and fairly long legs(not my usual style at all) and I am very pleased with the way he has turned out( except that I nearly binned the head when I could not get the eye socket sculpting right at first and his eyes refused to go in where I wanted them bear_angry , but I kept trying and he is fine now LOL)
Thanks Paula for this challenge, I always like to try something different  bear_original
Tiny Hugs,
Gail

Kent
Website

Wow, 4.25" tall Gail?!!!!  How do you do that?!!!  I am very impressed!!!  Now that's something I would never manage to achieve ... well done!!  Can't wait to see him!!!

karenaus Melbourne
Website

this sounds like fun, please count me in too Paula! bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Holy Cow, Gail! You're done already.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Well thgis one sounds like fun. I would love to give it a go. I mean, it's not like I haven't got enough to do. Has anyone missed me? I have been busy preparing for a local show and an online show.. and taking care of puppies and visiting with my brother and Sister in law who were here from Florida. So what's a little ole challenge going to hurt. My email is sunnieone@verizon.net
Sonya

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Paula, sounds like fun, send me the pattern also!!!

Kent
Website

Have just sent you three lovely ladies your pattern piece .. I hope they are all arriving okay!

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

cedrick-profile.JPGcedrick.JPGHere is Cedrick  bear_original
As I said he is 4.25" tall, which is a bit bigger than my usual size bear. He is made from upholstery velvet with ultrasuede paws. The head shape said to me"traditional bear" so I first worked out the size of the body and then thought that the arms should be fairly long and thin. Then I drew the legs but had to make them a bit shorter than I originally drew them as he looked a bit strange and top heavy. Then on to the head gussett, which I felt should be fairly wide and evenly curved to go with the shape of the side head. I then did the inner arms and all the paw pads. Most of the heads I have designed before have a much higher forhead, but I think I like the shape given by the shallower shape so I will have to experiment.
Tiny Hugs,
Gail

Board footer