Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Sumien Sumini bears
Johannesburg

Paula,
This is my first challenge. How much time do I have to complete the bear? I got the head template - thank you.
Sumien

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I can be a bit impatient too Wendy.Turn that critter around on your avatar so we can see his face-yes I know he is for bao. bear_grin
Laurie :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Sumien, there's plenty of time, the deadline isn't until the end of November. bear_original

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Looks like you have a great response to the challenge.  Count me in too. bear_thumb

leelth Posts: 12

It sounds fun, if it´s not too late you can count me in

see you

Lena

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Just for you Laurie
so everyone else, NO peaking! bear_grin  bear_grin
BAOWWMatildaHBeareRETRODUCK5eyescov.jpg

WA

Last night I had the head completely finished  but then saw that part of the whites of one eye wasnt showing. It got caught up in the sinew when I took the remainderof the thread to lose. bugga bugga bugga. So I had to take it all apart again.
I noticed that I really do have a certain style in which I design. I found this new side head piece determines the shape of the overal design more than I thought. I couldnt use an existing pattern, I had to design completely from scratch. I designed the weirdest gusset to go with it. Well weird for me bear_grin  I shall pop that in the pic with the critter when its done.  Should only take a couple of days.
I'm enjoying this.
Wendy

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Here's my Posy bear - measuring at just over 2"   This was fun!  Thanks Paula  :hug:   

posy2.jpg

WA

WOW! she's so tiny! and sooo cute! bear_wub
I better pull my finger out and get mine done bear_grin  bear_grin
Wendy

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Thanks Matilda!  I think it's the first time I've completed a challenge bear on time...still working on my anime bear !!!  bear_wacko

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

me too please     thanks

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Melissa,
     Your little Posy is adorable and I know how hard it is to make such tiny ones!  Well done, you!

hugs,

Brenda

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

as paula is all tired out would some one nice (like wendy, shes not bad !!!) please send me the pattern?
i like challenges
cathy@raggyrat.co.uk
love  you
xxxxxx

Kent
Website

Okay you two, I'm a soft touch ... pattern is on its way.

Now, sorry guys, but this really is the cut-off for pattern emailing.  No more applicants now ... thanks!

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Melissa, your baby panda came out just beautiful! bear_thumb  bear_thumb I finished my also.I will be posting it as soon as I take a picture. Mine came out big :hug:  :hug:

Weymouth
Website

thanks paula - btw i cant see th gallery image to click on, hwere is it ?
cat xxxx

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Doggone it!  Just found this thread.  It woulda been so fun to play in this challenge, but it's probably a good thing I'm too late.  I have orders backed up, so I would have had to cheat on my collectors if I'd participated.  Have lots of fun with this, folks.  I'll keep checking back to see the results.  Gail, you are really quick on the draw.  cute bear!  Honeythorpe Bears (sorry, don't know your name), darling little pip of a thing!  Can't wait to see what others come up with.  Really fun.  Thanks for your initiative in starting the challenge, Paula.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Edit: fixed a typo, added thumbsup

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

me! me bear_grin  count me in please.... this would be fun... but i dont understand what u meant by commercial design? can't wait to try it out!...

Kent
Website

Sorry guys, applications for the pattern are now closed.  Many thanks for your interest!  I hope you enjoy the thread as it develops.  bear_flower

By the way, I have now opened a new thread for everyone's work and progress reports, so will be answering queries etc in there from now on.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Good luck everyone ! I will look forward to see everyone's work !!  bear_wub

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

yikes.. did i make the cut off?  :pray: i write too late :doh:

Kent
Website

Oooh, it's so quiet in here!  How is everyone progressing?  I'm bursting to hear!   :dance:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I'm working on the head right now...

Weymouth
Website

wow marlys is sewing and typing at the same time
heehee  :clap:
cat xxxx

Kent
Website