Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

fabricchoiceworkshop2okweb.jpg1                   2                3                     4

Here are four fabrics I have narrowed done for the bear I'll be making in JUDI'S workshop. But for the life of me I CAN'T decide!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Number 4!!!! it looks like rainbow sherbert! mmmmm!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Matilda, you are a funny lady-If you use the sherbert one do you have a yarn that corresponds to it that you would like

by the way the pattern Judi has for her class is a really cute pattern-Idon't usually follow directions, as we all know, but I decided since it was a bear for me I would make her pattern= it is really cute,

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah Matilda.  All of them would work, in fact , why not make one from all four and see what you come up with.  Could be really fun.  For the very very first one, I might try the longer mohair as it blends in very nicley so the face becomes part of the head and not look as if it were attached to the head.  Does this make sense?

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Judi,

Just a quickie, where are you doing classes, is it with Nancy??   Sorry if I'm being completely nerdy here, but, well, I am!!!   Sorry!!   I don't pay enough attention (school report from years ago!!!)    :doh:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hey Judi, cancel that, just looked at your website and found out...........mouth always ahead of my pea brain -  :redface:    :doh:

Hugs

WA

Yes Judi it does make sence. I'm doing that with my own patterns. I dont kjnow which one to choose because I havent had any creative input with your bear yet.

OK!!!! I'll go with #4 the SHERBET.

JUDI, your so cheeky, you funny girl bear_grin bear_grin I must admit a mohair stash is better than chocolate (sorry Dilu) bear_grin bear_grin"make the bear from each" bear_grin bear_grin

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Claire you're funny bear_laugh  I am the queen of fingers-before-brain.  I click things before reading my own text...or other peoples text.  We are all human (except for my ex-hubby) ooohhh did I just say that???!!!! bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Matilda - where did you get the loverlee sherbert mohair???

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Matilda, Sorry I am late,  but I think the Sherbet will look great, don't forget to post some pics for us when your done.  bear_happy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hey Honey!  Its been 3 days........

what did you decide-or do we have to wait for the pics?

bear_tongue

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

oh...she's gonna do all four colors. bear_laugh  She is very adventurous :clap: :clap: bear_laugh bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Also, Matilda, When you get in to the shading part of needle felting you could accent the felted areas to compliment the color of mohair that you choose.  This will help blend the face and 'marry' it to the head.

Let's say you choose a blue mohair and felt with white wool.  You could add blue into the shading process to balance the whole bear .  I think bears need to be balanced.  If you are going to spend time shading and adding lots of detail to the face, then don't forget about the paws.  EVen if they are not felted, you can still add color to balance out the face/whole bear.  This applies to all bears, not just felted bears. bear_smile

WA

Kim, the sherbet came from a one off mohair sale from Gerry's.  I like to by blind . That way I get a surprise. I've bought some real uglies that way  bear_grin bear_grin This ones nice and thick.  I cant wait to use it now.!!
Judi!!!!!, I will do absolutely what I am TOLD in class.  cause I'm a good girl. bear_innocent I only muck up at the back of the sports shed.  cause then I'm naughty. bear_grin bear_grin
So if you say shade I'll shade. I'll coordinate the be jeezers out of it ,if I'm told. OK bear_grin bear_grin
Matilda doing the happy dance  :dance:        Judi, your so cheeky bear_original

Board footer