Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

ThReAdTeDs - Traditional, crochet, fiber, patterns, supplies by Berta Hesen-Minten
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

...and frustrated.

There's nothing more annoying than seeing a OOAK bear, falling in love and finding it's sold, but still listed for sale.

From a collector's point of view I wonder just how many of you may need a clean up?
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=3320

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

:redface:  :redface:  :redface: Guilty as charged!!!! :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  I've had bears which are sold showing there for a while....I didn't like their pictures to disappear bear_sad
I'll go fix it now!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ha!  Ironically, I need that reminder myself!  Thanks, Sandi. bear_original

Shelli, I think we have all been guilty of it at some time...
...especially those who suffer from "seniors moments" (like me) :crackup:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Good reminder, Sandi! I just went and checked mine a few days ago and there were a few that I had missed marking!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Ooops, guilty  here too.  I'm fixin' to fix that right now.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I NEED Help!!

I got as far as bringing up my ID under Members. All of my bears show - - but I cannot see anywhere that has an Edit/Marks As Sold Spot. 

Can you please explain that bit again? I've never marked any of mine sold....

Bobbie

Penn Valley, CA

Bobbie, go to the post with the bear, edit your original post and there's a spot at the bottom that says "Mark as Sold".  If you click on "more" under your avatar, it will take you to all of your bears.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Patti - I don't think I quite understand...yet.
On the home page I went to the bottom left  and clicked - 'Show my Responses' and 'all of my other posts'.

None of them are Topic-listed as TB & Friends, which is the heading for posting a new pc.

Under my ID, my bears are all together on one page.

Up at the top - under 'Bears' all of my posted bears come up but no Edit button.
There's no way I could search through our past posted topics to find where these were announced.

I must be extremely dense - - or missing the obvious - but I need to be stepped through this.........

As someone on M Python said, "My brain hurts.' I'm off to bed now 
'nite

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Bobbie,
     You have to go into the ORIGINAL FIRST post you did for EACH bear, when you listed them in the Gallery for Sale.  Click Edit for each one and then look at the bottom left hand corner of the posts (below where you load your pictures) marked Options.  The bottom one is for marking a bear sold.  Just click the box and submit it and there will now be a red SOLD sign in the title of your post about the bear.  Am I making any sense?  It's really simple.

hugs,

Brenda

Penn Valley, CA

Bobbie, I just sent you a pm but I clicked your "more" button and I see, there's no edit button.  Hmmmm, not sure why.  Maybe ask Quy.

Patty,
     Only the author of a post will see an edit button on their posts.  Bobbie will have to edit each of her bears and mark them SOLD individually.  I think that's right.

hugs,

Brenda

Penn Valley, CA

Aaaahhhhh, yes, Brenda.  That certainly makes sense.  Wouldn't want just any ole body editing our posts for us.  Having a "duh" moment.

Oh I am so glad I am not the only one who suffers these terrible "seniors moments"
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Sorry girls ... I couldn't resist!  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Sandi and Patty,
     You have NO idea how frequently those moments are happening to me, as well LOL!  This afternoon, I was in the middle of a perfect sarcastic retort to my semi-obnoxious, quick witted son and I had such a good response and before I could get it out, I forgot it  :wacko:, which only led to more glee for him.  He delights in telling me how old I am getting  :twisted:  and I delight in telling him that I just read an article on research that said "childless couples really are happiest" LOL!  Now you know why I get along with him best when he lives in Asia  :crackup:  :crackup:   
     He's moved back to Canada to go back to school for an ESL/Linguistics degree and I think it's going to be a long four years!  (Pssst - I really do adore the little rat!)

hugs,

Brenda

Penn Valley, CA

How many times have I started upstairs for something, get half way up and forget what I was going after?   Dozens, maybe more.  That's no good.   I go back to my sewing room hoping I'll see something that will remind me.  Usually I do, and go back upstairs to complete my mission.

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

Ha Ha , that made me laugh.
Somebody I know doesn't call those moments "senior" moments. She says they are CRAFT moments , Can't Remember A Flippin'(or insert ruder word beginning with F), Thing  bear_whistle :crackup:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:crackup:  I love that CRAFT moment!   :crackup:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:redface: Oops!!  I used to mark all of mine, and for the longest time lately I've totally forgottent to do it!  Thanks for the reminder Sandi! :hug:  Hey, can you have 'senior moments' when you're 37?  Just wondering, cuz I have a lot of them anymore! bear_wacko

Tracy at 37 you are probably on your way to MM's
....menopausal moments!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sandi, I'm 42.  Shaddup with the MM's already.

bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Tracy at 37 you are probably on your way to MM's
....menopausal moments!!!

So what you're telling me is this will get worse??!! bear_shocked   bear_shocked Is this only practice for the real MM's?   :doh: Aack!!....... :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I am guilty and sentenced to the dog /bear ? box.

Lynette

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Can I use all the above excuses??
Luckily I always forget to post my photos on TT but I have fixed the only one I had!

Are all teddy bear artists vague and preoccupied, with aching wrists and chubby buns?
Or is it just me?
Me thinks not after reading some of the posts on TT...heavens knows what other people think when they read these posts!!
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Board footer