Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

OK I'll go get some sleep. It's 1:00 a.m. :doh:

Good night. I'll dream about your girls bears...

Huggs, Julia

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Susan,

I want to be on the next swapping list!!
Please include me tooo!!! bear_smile :love:

HUGGS, Julia

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Julia,

I love your avatar bear, so cute!  Great job, what a character!  And I waS
so happy to see your beautiful picture up in the photo gallery.

Dilu

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Ann and I haven't made our bears yet... i think that we will wait to have both our bears ready to send them about the same day. But when, we cannot tell yet. I have a bear almost finished (just have to add him some eyebrows and finish his clothing) but I cannot decide if he will be the one yet!!! I just think that I won't find him beautiful enough... And well, I would rather make a bear from a dense mohair, because Canada is a cold place in Winter, and if the bear wants to go for a walk in the snow he won't catch a cold!!!   :/. The one I am working on has got a sparse mohair and a strange face so far...  :P.
So ann's bear should be my next. That will give me time to think about the clothes I will have to design.
I already have a piece of mohair that should be fine for him, but I will have another look at all my mohair fabrics to check if there is not one that would be better... Never too sure!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: I think I may do another swap later too... That is sooo exciting. For that reason my first swapping bear needs to be perfect. If Ann says to everyone that I make crappy bears, no one else will ever accept to swap with me!!! Actually, only my mother manages not to like my bears (she has never been satisfied with whatever I have done) :  she always finds bad criticisms to say. At the contrary, my future mother in law is one of my best fans!!! I will have to make a bear for her by some point...

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
Acipenser wrote:

Oh my, Matilda, now I am nervous. What if my bear is less than perfect? Guess we call it character then ha?  bear_grin bear_happy I'll give it my best shot.
Take your time, no hurry. I'm still undecided. So many ideas, none perfect.....
Hugs

Sabine   :hug:

:doh: :doh:Sabine!!! I am so sorry, I forgot you would be reading this post.
I'm going  to have to learn to keep my fingers quiet.

Sabine it is your creation that I'm excited about. You could stomp on it ,wash the car with it, and I would still treasure it.

I am excited about the design  I've drawn for you . You said cute, sweet, . This one is a wee bit of a departure for me. But then all my bears are. bear_grin I'm just impatient to get  started that is all.
We have till after xmas anyway.  I'm doing Judi's felted face workshop at the moment. That is keeping me busy.
Since I was in a panic about being left behind.  bear_grin bear_grin :doh:

Take care Sabine. No pressure. I'll try not to be so tactless in future.

Matilda :doh:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Heee Heee Heee - i have nearly finished my swap bear  :rolleyes:

I just hope that Amanda will like him, would'nt it be awful if she did'nt? Do we have a plan if everyone hates the bear they receive - maybe we could have a bear burning ceremony or something
bear_tongue  bear_laugh  :lol:

Penny - feeling smug that i have nearly finished  :dance:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I finished first so neener neener neener  bear_tongue  LOL  :hug:

And now I am cutting out Julia's bear!
I hope marie likes Goldie... It will be hard to package her up and see her off.... she is really growing on me.... I think it is my best mohair bear yet... I really want to share pics but Marie doesnt want me to ruin the surprise so I better go ahead and ship her off early next week so I get to share pics sooner with you gals! 

Julia, I should be done with yours by next week too... I should have them both shipped out by next week... I'll let you gals know bear_original  I would have them both done this weekend but my hubby and I are going to a birthday party tonight and then out to a club/bar later and then tomorrow I get my hair wacked off again and it is my dad's wedding....

So Sunday I  will have a hangover LMAO   bear_laugh  So your bear may have an ear on it @$$cheak or something LMAO

Vladivostok, RUSSIA
Dilu wrote:

Julia,

I love your avatar bear, so cute!  Great job, what a character!  And I waS
so happy to see your beautiful picture up in the photo gallery.

Dilu

Dilu, thanks.
Next time I' won't be late for swapping list and swap with your Gollies too. I have know idea what you Americans call Gollies but looks soooo cute to me.  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin
What is it anyway?? Wanted to ask looong time ago....By the way Dilu your new Gollies are just amazing. :love:

HUGSS, Julia

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Matilda, no problem. I actually have quite a self-confidence.:angel:

Sabine it is your creation that I'm excited about. You could stomp on it ,wash the car with it, and I would still treasure it.

Haha, I'll let him/her sit outside in the snow (if we get any).  Just kidding.:lol:

I am excited about the design  I've drawn for you . You said cute, sweet, . This one is a wee bit of a departure for me. But then all my bears are. bear_grin I'm just impatient to get  started that is all.
We have till after xmas anyway.  I'm doing Judi's felted face workshop at the moment. That is keeping me busy.

I like your avatar bear. He is cute. Just to give you an indication of what I find cute. He looks a little sad, which makes me wanna cuddle him.

This swap is fun. I think I just might sign up for the next one too.

Sabine   :hug:

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

I am glad Kim is swapping with Julia.  And I am glad to see people wanting to sign up for the next swap!!!

:dance: :dance:

Susan

Kim that ain't fair!!!

I thought i was getting on really well then you tell me that you have finished already and are making more than one anyway.....

......Good Golly Miss Molly, you sure is quick Kim  bear_wacko

love the neener neener neener thingy - i'll get ya next time bear_tongue

Penny  :dance:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hey Penny if I don't like it I would'nt tell you, I'd just stick it on ebay bear_grin I just need to get some new joints for yours and do the arms. I don't collect bears so yours will be very welcome. I have enjoyed doing yours but I did keep thinking 'what if she prefers it another way?' I do think I have captured a comical element in the bear, not unlike your lovely self. Do you want it for christmas or sooner? I will save mine for Christmas as I don't get presents as such. Don't feel sorry for me I have hard cash which I spend on me!

Hoo Hoo Hoo Amanda  :lol:

Good hard cash eh? Luverly moolah yum yum  :rolleyes:

You are a cheeky piece ain't yer Amanda - i see i shall have to keep an on you  :/

As Verucca Salt said in the film 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'..........

............."But i want it NOW daddy" he he he

Any time you want to post the little beast is fine with me Amanda  bear_tongue

I shall post yours off to you in the next week or so but NO PEEKING till Christmas mrs!!!!

Maybe i'll fit a timed lock on the box so he can't be opened until 25th Dec - i'll booby trap it too so that it self destructs if you try to open it early.

Dastardly ain't i ?  :twisted:

Penny  bear_tongue

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

HeyPenny I like the time Lock idea! lmao! but there are those of us that cant wait to see

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

Hi Gang

It''s nice to see everyone having so much fun. I just had a look at Sophie's bear on her link. I think she's going to like my bear. It's mohair,  it's a girll and she's wearing a hat, and that's all the clues you're going to get cause we likes surprises. I'll be shipping her soon. I really like your bears Sophie.
See ya
Ann

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Theophile.jpgHello you!

What do I read????? You have already finished my bear???? Is that possible? Is that possible????????  bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes You're too fast, my dear Ann, I cannot follow! Take time to breeze!!!!!!

Did you read that, fellows? She's got my bear ready!!!!!!!!! Maybe I will get it soon...

I am far to have hers ready... Just designed the pattern and chosen the mohair so far.
And I have to make Théophile's clothes before... he is waiting!!! See him on the photo!  One bear after the other!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I'm sooo happy!!!
Marie's got my bear and like him! :hug: :lol:
I havn't seen Marie's bear yet but I'll see it on Sunday when my hubby come back.  :dance:

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

Ok marie, we need to see a picture of your swap bear!!!!!!!!!!!

susan

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Sophie

What a cute character you have in your photo!  Sounds like you are turning into a one woman bear making marvel.

Dilu

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Dilu!  :redface:
So kind of you... Théophile has now a great vest, a beautiful necklace and is waiting for me to finish his hat (long to make, as I use French knitting) and another necklace with his name, plus a foot tag... I have a lot of inspiration for Théophile. He is such a surprising bear!

My poor Ann will have to be patient to have her swap bear... but she won't be disappointed...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer