Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

...... when you are sitting at McDonalds and your five-year-old picks up a chicken nugget and proudly exclaims
, "LOOK MOM!  It's a bear's leg!!"...and he's right!  It looked just like bear's leg. bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Okay...next.......

You know you there is a bear artist living in your house when........

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

.....your dust consists of 95% bear fluff and you have a better range of pliers than the hubby!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

. . . . . . when your pets use mohair scraps as toys.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Well, I too had a restaraunt experience.  I was sitting in the local Mexican restaraunt with several friends from church.  I was having a conversation with one particular friend about bear making telling her about an order from Intercal.  She said, apparently too loudly, "When you get your order of joints I will have to come to your house."  My daughter looked at me and whispered a long drawn out MOM.  Needless to say, we had many eyes on us.  So I just as loudly proclaimed that we were talking about joints for bear making.  My daughter was embarrassed, but I thought it was just too funny.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

When you are pulling mohair out of your food (yes, no doubt, it's mohair!)

When you sit on the couch and find pins in the arm of it.

When you have to do a separate load of laundry just for your fur covered clothes!

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

When you have a lint roller in every room of the house - and at work!! :crackup:  :crackup:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

When you see someone wearing a faux fur coat and think how much better it would look as a bear  bear_whistle

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

Oh my gosh Judi, my daughter told me the VERY same thing  bear_laugh !!! She said "Look Mommy, this chicken nugget looks JUST like a bear's leg!!" hee hee!! Sooo funny!!!  bear_grin Oh and you know you're a bear artist when you go the store and realize you have alligator clips hanging off the edge of your shirt (that's where I store them when I'm sitting outside sewing...as I remove them I just clip them on my shirt) and then, yes, forget they're there...  :redface:  bear_grin

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

When your husband asks where are all my sockets?  I make child safe bears and use the locking plastic joints on all my bears and a socket works great for getting these really tight.

Eva
www.ejcrafts.com
http://evascrafts.blogspot.com

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

......when you go to bite into a strawberry and oh, my gosh it looks like a bears head....and then you take a photo of it....photo will come later as it is still in the camera.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

When you have clay noses baking in the oven, and your husband opens the oven door asking, "What's for dinner...."   And I reply "Noses..."!!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
millie wrote:

"When you get your order of joints I will have to come to your house." .

Millie this is SO funny!  I laughed out loud. 
One time I was at a  restaurant with my  mom and while we were waiting in the lobby to be seated I excused myself to do a blood sugar check in the bathroom.  If my bloodd sugar was too high I was not going to eat just yet.  When I returned to the lobby my Mom said in a loud voice, " Are you too high to eat?"  You should have sen the heads turn. !!!  She was referring of course to my blood sugar level.  I said "No mom, my BLOOD SUGAR is NOT too high." bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

You guys are cracking my up.  Daphne...eating mohair :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   I hear ya!

Kimi...you having a chicken nugget experience too. bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
edenbears wrote:

The vacuuming isn't done..... :doh: the dishes aren't done..... :doh: the laundry is piling up..... :doh: and.... oh it will be something quick for tea (supper) tonight!!  :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh...YES...ditto for me too. bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Denise, where is that strawberry bear head.?

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

When all the fur stuck to me and 1/2 the furniture is mohair and not fur from Tiffani!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh this is a GREAT thread  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

When I have a TON of "fur" on my clothes... and my dogs don't shed all that much  bear_whistle

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Very good thread, I thought I was alone in this....

Mine:

When you move around the world with a suitcase and more than half of it is bear stuff.

When you buy a skirt, not to wear, to cut up for bears.

When you worry for days about a bears clothes, but throw on any clothes for yourself.

When you sit down to do something "quickly" at 9 in the morning and at 5 o'clock in the afternoon still sitting there in your pajamas.

When you have perforated fingers.

When your 3 inch bears and their stuff spreads out over the entire house.

Yes, as mentioned before, you have an impressive collection of tools and medical equipment.

Out of a pin cushion of 100's of needles you have a favorite.

Other people have to buy mascara with added fibre to lengthen their eyelashes....

Your husband is too scared to go into your handbag, not because of the normal "girl" mess, but because somewhere in there lurks a work in progress in case you have to wait somewhere.

When living in a foreign country and warned that you may have to evacuate, you keep all your important documents, jewelry and bears together for a fast getaway. (with a collection of "stuff" to keep you going until you can order more)

Oh dear, I think I have to admit I am an addict

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Daphne wrote:

When you sit on the couch and find pins in the arm of it.!

Yep.  Guilty too. bear_whistle  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
BootButtonBears wrote:

When you have clay noses baking in the oven, and your husband opens the oven door asking, "What's for dinner...."   And I reply "Noses..."!!!!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh my...Kimi.. I do the same thing with alligator clips.  And I don't notice until I am at the check out. :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

If you have perforated fingers and a favorite needle out of 100, raise your hand.

Good ones Carolyn. :clap:  :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

When there is a diary... not of special moments and private thoughts but of bear names and teddy sketches.

Yeah, we can beat Jeff Foxworthy any day at this game!!!  bear_laugh

JUDI - both mom and I are diabetic and have ended up saying some things in public that others must have really wondered about!! :crackup:

teeeej Brisbane

When your extremely mild case of hay fever turns into a raging monster! bear_cry

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

The vacuuming isn't done..... doh the dishes aren't done..... doh the laundry is piling up..... doh and.... oh it will be something quick for tea (supper) tonight!!

bear_laugh  im running with this one, perfectly reasonable excuse ...i love it  bear_grin

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

ditto on the hay fever,,,, I got my dishes done, house kinda tidy, forget the ironing... Did get it all up to date last week as we had a guest. Even got all the bear stuff more or less packed away. Lasted all of 2 days. Now back to my organised chaos

Board footer