Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Paula,

Your 'Orange Blob' bear is not at all bad for a first try.  It looks to be very carefully sewn.  Unfortunately, I can't view Pomeroy.  Maybe he will show up on my monitor later.

Hugs,

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

OK. My first pattern was a laugh and a half but here she is "Cherry Pie" 16" out of string fur Her face does not show up well in pictures but quite honestly she still has not found a home. Poor baby!! (I doubt very much she will any time soon!) This girl is child safe. Ha Ha.

Hugs Louise 

CP3.jpg

P.S. I even tried dressing the poor girl.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh she's sweet, don't call her "poor girl"  I have a few bears that I designed that is my progression to a basic pattern that I'm happy with.  They aint goin' no-where!

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Goodness, Louise, You've come a long way, Baby!! bear_laugh

I think it's good to share where we have come from, as well as where we are.  There is always hope for (and always room for) PROGRESS. bear_original

Hugs,

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Lovely first bears Paula - if mine had looked like that i would have been as pleased as punch! Even the eyes are level, mine were looking both up and down at the same time - which is pretty clever but did'nt really do much for the bears appearance!

Penny;)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Louise, what a great first bear. Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! Deep down, every mama is proud of her little creations!!!!

Danni, who is your new avitar? He's wonderful!!!

OK - Here's Maple, my first attempt at designing a bear (this is the second revision - he's in a cheap synthetic from Jo Ann Fabrics.)
DSC00014sm.jpg

Hugs, Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whoa . . . you guys have WONDERFUL first bears!!  I can't "bear" to show mine!  bear_grin bear_grin

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Sue Ann, surely it can't be so bad????? bear_tongue 

Go on, be a devil and share!!! bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

We're waiting!! bear_original

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

ME TOO!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours Sue Ann

C'mon it can't possibly be that bad!

Penny bear_ermm

Australia

I'll show my first ever bear that I made, but not the first bear that I designed. LOL  He's too ugly, but my very first bear is alright! I'm kinda proud of him now (I deserted him when I made him because he looked nothing like the original!)

Daphne, your first designed bear is adorable.  He doesn't look very unlike what you are making now!!!!!!   My Avatar bear is "Hector" Just new, he is one of the ones that I sold to a local bear shop (I'm so chuffed about that!)

Danni

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Hi Danni,

"Chuffed" means angry doesn't it?  Why are you angry about selling your bear?  (I think I mentioned in an earlier post, he's a charmer!)

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

"Chuffed" sounds like a skin condition involving abraded, reddened skin.  <heehee> bear_laugh You know, like, "My hands are so CHUFFED from all that dishwashing." 

PS  I don't wash dishes.  That's what the dishwasher is for.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

What is the matter with you guys???  HAVE YOU ALL GONE WONKY????   :D
That's my job.

Your first babies are just precious and wonderful and have personality ( or as our Marie would say ) Bearsonality.  :)

The are wonderful bears, and I wouldn't sell my first one or give him away for anything.  It's kind of like your first quilt or your first child.

Wait a minute.  First child...hmmmmm  I did try to give him away, bout the time he was 15...no takers though, and now at 30 he's turned out to be a keeper.

But you get my point....

Wonkily confused Dilyu  bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I do believed Danni means Chuffed in a positive way. Perhaps it means happily surprised or pleasantly shocked or in disbelief! Perhaps it's like saying she was 'floored'? Oh Danni, please come by and clear this up for us Americans not familiar with Aussie slang!!!:/

Australia

Hrmmmm see what happens when I open my mouth and go to bed LOL Daphne, you've hit the nail on the head.. Chuffed means.. ummm happy, not really in shock, just really happy with yourself LOL....

You girls are too funny :P

Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ahhhhh.  Chuffed = "stoked"

Gotcha. 

Thanks! bear_happy

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Personally I think "Chuffed" sounds like the sound wild cats make (mommy comforting cub, or when ready to mate :P) I guess overall, when happy --   so thats the same meaning!! bear_laugh

Australia

LOL @ Kirsten

Yes Shelli, like stoked, but not quite THAT Happy LOL

Pages:

Board footer