Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Harley2.JPGHarley.JPGI made this bear for a motorcycle ride along that our store sponsored this summer. The money raised was used for the summer lunch program in the community. He turn out beautiful and I snapped these pictures as I was running out the door to work in the morning. And go figure the pictures turn out quite well. He went to live in the home of one of my co-workers, her husband won him. When I took him into work they all oooed and ahed over him. Everyone wanted him. It makes you feel good.
Harley
20" tall
Domestic Rust Coloured Plush
Sew on Eyes
Poly-Pellet-Excelsior Filled
Fully Jointed
Wool Felt Paw & Foot Pads
Wool Felt Backed Eyes
Airburshed Accents
Custom made vest with Harley Patches - mom made the vest and the hankerchief
Signed and Dated
Enjoy!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I love him Jared!!!!  That bandana of his just sets him off perfectly  :thumbsup:

He's fabulous dahling, well done

Penny  bear_grin

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW! bear_thumb Love him Jared. He's a real eye catcher. Definitely a bear to be cuddled. bear_grin

Deb Upstate New York

He's great Jared!  Love the dew rag. 

Why does the one pocket have a WalMart tag?  I'm sure I'm missing something.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

What a cutie Jared!  Do you have a motorcycle for him to ride too? bear_thumb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I love it; a bear with attitude.  He's really cute.  What did you use to shade his paws?  The outline looks really soft; terrific!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Harley is great, Jared!!  Didn't you say on one of your posts that you work at Wal Mart?  Lucky co-worker that won
him!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

He is quite handsome! Love his expression!  His vest is just too cute! I notice the Walmart patch too! bear_original

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Jared

I think Harley is wonderful. :love:

I love all the accessories and I think the shading on his paws is gorgeous. What a lucky winner!!!

Kate
x

www.meribears.fotopic.net

Pipa UK

WOW! i LOVE him he is SUPERB!

Polo, IL

His paws are shaded using an airbrush with thinned out paint. I leave that up to mom. I don't have one and I don't care to use hers. Let's say for my own safety... I don't use hers. It is just better that way. Its kinda like how we all are protective of our fabric cutting scissors.

Yes I work at Wal-Mart and the store that I work at sponsored the motorcycle ride along. So we thought it appropriate to include a Wal-Mart patch. That one is home made. I will create another post for how we do that.

Thanks for all of the complements. I had a ton of fun making this guy. Mom was a big help. You know mothers always doing things for their children, no matter how old they are.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Gorgeous bear Jared

Deb Upstate New York

Ohhhhhhhhhhh ... got it now.  Sorry ... some of us are just a little slow.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, amazing bear!!!! Such sweet eyes :love:

Heather

Polo, IL

Judi,
Sorry no motorcycle.
Maybe a tricycle if I could have found one.
LOL

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Harley is a such a handsome brute. Truly, a wonderful bear. My sister is a Harley fanatic, she would just die if she saw him!

Polo, IL

I might be making one more here shortly to sell as a fund raiser for my aunt's charity home. He will be listed on eBay and all of the profits will be forwarded to her. I won't be using mission fish.
The Charity is New Life Home.
I will post in the Bears for Sale section.
Then you can let your sister know Sandi.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

The JC Penney studio near us does a Harley theme every year. Of course, my sis and I took my daughter. Your bear would look so cute sitting on a little Harley. It was small enough for a yound child.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Harley is outstanding fa fa fa fabulous !!  :clap:
I love his sweet face & wild look !  bear_wub great work !!  bear_thumb

Polo, IL

marie -
I was kinda stunned when I looked at him when he was done. I thought about keeping him for myself and writting them a check instead.
bear_whistle

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Jared,

One of my very first gollies was a biker guy-  only he had to settle for a tricycle....but his name is Sonny B.....if anyone knows the origin of certain biker clubs.....

Your bear is so cute....love the Harley vest-  mom could move into the couture set of beary-dressers......but that doesn't sound so very manly for a rough and tumble biker, now does it?

He adorable and you and your mom make a great team

bear_tongue

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

HE is adorable! You must be very proud!

Danni

Board footer