Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Penny,  :hug:

It had to have been a wee bit difficult to hear, but I'm not a bit surprised that you have handled it so well. That's our Penny  :love:

Dilu  AKA Wonks

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Penny, You always make me laugh.  I have become to know you through this board and your personality.  You're a gem bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub and I enjoy reading your posts.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

You see, this is the trouble with this mode of communication...it's so easy to get upset, upset someone or generally give people the wrong end of the stick....without any intention of doing that on the part of the person who posted the message. Similarly it's easy to think that every thing that gets said, gets said about 'me' or is aimed at 'me' and that's not true either.

I developed the rhino skin too...a long while back (probably coz my rear end now resembles one) but sometimes that has the effect of making me insensitive at times.

I didn't even read the post..if I did, I didn't notice anything untoward.

Oh Penny...I love your posts....you make the world a brighter place.

PS: A customer just emailed me and this was on the bottom of her message:

"A positive attitude may well not solve all your problems, but it will
annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

- Herm Albright

Fab!!!!

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Hi Penny

Ok did I miss it ......?  I certainly haven't seen anything offensive from you (or anyone else for that matter) - I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts Penny - you always bring a smile. :)

Vicky

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi All,

I have read through all of your postings girls and i thank you for all your kind words and support  :hug:

I would just like to clarify something here if you don't mind.

I felt obliged to remove the posting as the help advisor told me that some of you had contacted her and were unhappy and uncomfortable with it. As i had no way of knowing who i had offended i thought it best if i publicly apologised so that everyone had the opportunity to read the apology and hopefully everything would be hunky dory again.

If you will indulge me here please girls, i would just like to air my response to the help advisors posting here.

I really think continued PUBLIC input on this topic serves no constructive end;

This is a public discussion group and it is for us the users, to decide what we should and should not discuss. We make this site what it is, and generally it's a damn good site because of us.

I don't think anybody -- Penny, uncomfortable parties, Advisor -- did anything WRONG here.  WRONG is not the right word for it.  Nobody is saying that any WRONG DOING occurred -- except, possibly, Penny herself, in bringing this situation in front of the public, feeling somehow obligated to offer public apology.

I am an open and honest person - if i have upset someone i always do my level best to make amends - NOT apologising publicly when i don't know who i've offended was'nt an option for me. I feel no shame for publicly apologising and i felt obligated to do so because of the PM i had received from the help advisor. I certainly don't think i have done anything wrong.

This is life, people; ya know?  Sh** happens.  And then -- ya know what??? -- somebody gets to clean that sh** up.  Happens that way every single time.

Whenever sh** happens, people always wanna ask... Who's the bad guy in this icky mess?  Who can I blame?  Whose side should I take?  Was the bad guy the sh**ter...?  Was it the person who complained of the stench; that person who couldn't tolerate just a little bit of smelly discomfort...?  Maybe the bad guys were the clean up crew, whose janitorial presence brought attention to the stinking pile in the first place...?

I don't think that any of us here deserve to be compared to s**t - it's insulting

It's time to get on to something new, I think.  Frankly, I'm exhausted, and a little bored, with all the melodrama here lately

Sorry that we bore you with our postings of our boring melodramatic little lives

Well that's my replies finished with girls. I sincerely hope that you don't all hate me for standing up for what i believe in.

I think we've all had our two penneth worth now and it's time to return to the fabulous, free speaking, loving and sharing group that we are - no time for grudges, life's too too short - especially mine (gulp).

Penny  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Shelli Love, forget it - it's over, finito, no hard feelings.

Let's just get on with enjoying ourselves

Penny  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Not to kick a dead horse or anything but people need to be aware that when they send PMs too that they can say things that are very VERY hurtful.... I dont think we have mean spirited people here but maybe people need to think before they hit that 'submit' button?  we are all sensitive women here (even if some dont want to admit it) in the end and no one should be made to feel less than WONDERFUL AND MAGNIFICENT, all the things wondeful things that make us women .... I'm done now, If everyone is in agreement, let's delete this topic and all start over bear_original

GINORMOUS GROUP :hug:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

It sure wasn't me i think Hayle was right about getting on with it, we are all here for a good time and have a laugh together. bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Before its deleted I want to join the group hug . . . I love all my bearybuddies!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Eileen

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Penny, No worries!!! :hug:  I must have missed something cause it takes alot to get me bunched up!  Heehee

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Eileen what a great group hug.....near squeezed the air outa me! 

But what a wonderful idea! 

:hug: bear_wub :hug:  to one and all

wonky dillylu

Board footer