Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

Thanks for the info and links Tracy! I will check them out. You must have a mighty large dog there! I have had a dog before but she was only 50lbs. at her heaviest and she was not a terrible puller. I know of one person who had a trainer that used the prong for his 4 month old Bernese and at first I was thinking wow that's young but after realizing how big and strong they get just at 9 months and will only get stronger I can maybe see why that trainer was correcting the behaviour before this pup got too big. As long as it's used correctly, no harm done. A person can harm a dog with any collar really if abused. Soo true with the question and answer about the Martingale! It's like I'm just using her normal collar and she could care less

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Brenda, here's a picture of a few of the dogs.

th_5Dogs.jpg

Left to right:  "Max", "Rex", "Dutch", "Peny" and "Toby"
Max and Rex were English pointers.  Dutch was a setter.  Penny and Toby were Brittany spaniels.

Rex, second from the left, is the one that dragged me all over the place.
As you probably know, pointers are supposed to be a medium sized dog.  Take a look at Rex.  He was a mutant!  Even hunched down behind the brush you can tell he's musclebound!  My dad tried to sell that dog three times.  Every time, the dog was brought back.  Nobody but Dad could control Rex.

(BTW:  That picture is over 30 years old.  All those dogs are gone, now.)

Board footer