Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I did a web site so just so I could put pictures up here. 

I downloaded and printed up the instructions for posting picture

I followed the instructions as absolutely ineptly as I could possible as nothing I have tried has worked

I located the photo and r clicked-went to properties, the url address wasn 't available there....so I found it and highlighted-but there was no way to click copy because it wasn't highlightred.....(dull grey)

So then I wrote down the address and tried inputing it in manually-

I am so sorry-

everyone else is up and running and I am so helplessly confused now.

Not much ever gets me down.  I'm a psych nurse for crying out loud-but right now, right here, in this place and time, I just don't know what to do and am really braindead!!!

Somebody, please?  Help me!

Dilu:(:(

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu wrote:

I located the photo and r clicked-went to properties, the url address wasn 't available there....so I found it and highlighted-but there was no way to click copy because it wasn't highlightred.....(dull grey)

After highlighting the entire URL, right click and select COPY. Then in your post, click the IMG button above the text box to insert the IMG tag.  It will look like this:

[img][/img]

then insert the URL/address between the tags like this:

[img]paste your URL/address here[/img]

That's it. Good luck!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Dear Quy,

I don't pretend to understand-but somehow, blindly following your instructions it worked!  (and they said in kindergarten that Diane didn't follow instructions! Humph!)

Course it did take 50 years :P:D

Thanks

Di

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Good work! If you want, here is a link on how to add a thumbnail to your listing:

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=290

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I'm new and trying to figure out what to do....

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Shari,
I'm not sure if I can help you but
if you are asking how to make http address for you pics, Don't worry, it's not THAT hard!! bear_grin
GO open free geocity account from yahoo . At the geocity page(after you sign in)you can see the *Easy Upload* on right hand side. go click that and all you need is
upload your pics at here. after uploaded
you can view you pics at file manager
then click(VIEW)on the pics you want to see. VIEW will show the pics in internet with http address. Ok so far?(sorry for my poor English)
Then, when you want to post the pics in here click the Img box (you will see when you typing the post)then input your http pics between [img]http your pics here![/img] .   
The ADDRESS for your picture will be www.geocities.com/YOUR USER
I know there is other way to upload but
I'm using geocity and its easy :D
Thanks,
Marie
P.S. sorry for late post....

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Dilu,
Don't forget for next time...we don't have to have them hosted on the web anymore..the clever guys here have made it so we can just upload pics from our computer to teddy talk. For instance, save your pic at a smallish size onto your desktop...then go to the bottom of  the post reply thread of the email you wish to post the pic on...click Browse..and just locate desktop on your computer, click on the pic you want and VOILA!

Jacqui MoonBeam Bears
South Australia

Hi
I am new at all this has taken a week to try and make avatar photo load up but i don't think its looking that good, not sure how all this works yet.
A question about profile section.
In Profile under messaging  how do you fill all that out,  don't know what jabber is or any of the other bits either,
thanks
Bear Hugs
jacqui :doh:

I have managed to get figure out how to get photos smaller in a photo program i downloaded so i have updated them.

still need help in the messaging thing
and in compose your signature what is that
and what is bbcode:on,  [img] tag: off,  and smiles on
thanks again
jacqui

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Jacqui wrote:

In Profile under messaging  how do you fill all that out,  don't know what jabber is or any of the other bits

This section contains the different messaging systems you may or may not use. Ignore if not applicable.

Jacqui wrote:

and in compose your signature what is that and what is bbcode:on,  [url]tag: off,  and smiles on

Click on the labels (BBCode, [img] tag, Smilies) for further information. The "on" indicates the feature is enabled.

Jacqui MoonBeam Bears
South Australia

Thanks Quy

I figured out the bbcodes etc, thnaks

When you have a moment can you explain about the different messaging systems.
I dont use msn or yahoo etc. i just use emails, and now this site.
Which by the way i think is absolutely excellent. :dance:

Board footer