Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Re-reading all the above posts has got me wondering, again, about my name...
What do you think of Dances With Teddy Bears?
It doesn't fit the criteria at all.
I used to be Walks With Birds, when I did birding workshops and seminars.  I loved the name because it was so unusual, and it worked.
When I started making bears I quick decided on Walks With Bears, just to have a name, like for TT.  Then Walks With Teddy Bears.  I didn't like either.  So I decided on Dances With Teddy Bears.  Well, things evolved and I'm now stepping into the internet arena, though slowly.
Should I change my name, while I'm still relatively unknown?  My current name doesn't imply I make bears, only dance with them!  It's also kinda long.
Like Jeanne I went through the gamut of names, and all were already taken .  So, so far, I've stayed with Dances.
Any input would truly be appreciated.  bear_flower

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I don't think you need to imply that you make bears in your name, just the word bear.  I really like Walks With Bears, I actually love that name.  I also think Dances With Bears is a wonderful name, if you want to shorten the name you use. 
Joanne
ps when I list my bears on ebay I use my name J. Livingston on the 1st line, I buy a second line and use Desertmountainbear.  That way both names are out there.  I have always done it that way.

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Hi Laurie,
I'm a dog groomer too. :)
Small world. :)
I too purchased a grooming salon that had been in business for 25 years when I bought it. I too didn't want to change the name.
It was the "Clip Joint" in Manhattan Beach California. The name was well known throughout the beach cities area.
However my first week working there I had at least 6 people come in and ask me if I sold Marijuana, pot!!! I was floored!!
I guess there were some folks that thought I was just a front to sell pot and had little to do with actual dog grooming.
When I called the previous owner about it she laughed and said to me "I was wondering how long it would take before you called me!"

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

In the late 1970's  I worked in a hair salon named The Head Shop.  Same thing, people would walk in and say "Oh I thought this was something else, you don't sell pipes here"  You can only imagine..
Joanne

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I went through the same thing deciding on a name but Raewyn's Bears -  no one would remember how to spell that like Daphne I get all sorts of versions and I can be sensitive to that after the millionth time someone miss pronounces my name so I went for where I live The estate my house is in is called Woodbury Park and I associated wood and bury (berry) as beary things? Strange how my head works at times  bear_grin .

Laurie Brady Bears By Laurie Brady

:crackup:
Cyndee, that's so funny - I guess I wasn't so bad off - At least  I didn't have anyone bothering me for a  hot spot - I was in what is considerd Northern Ontario, Canada!

Laurie

Board footer