Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Laurie Brady Bears By Laurie Brady

All of these bears are looking so wonderful!!  Swaps are so much fun!

My wonderful bear arrived today - I'm so excited!   Marigold is a bear who thinks she's a bee.  I love her to pieces.
Nichole (Blueberry Creations) did a magnificent job. I'm in awe of the workmanship and imagination that went into this little girl.  (I'll let Nichole post her pics with details).  Thtank you Nichole.

Laurie

Blueberrycreations Blueberrycreations
Northern California
Website

I'm so glad you love her Laurie  :dance:

Here are some pictures of Marigold
3702843432_5f27f8e89e.jpg?v=1247097479
3702036689_681272a42c.jpg?v=0
3702036433_e056211da3.jpg?v=0
Marigold is needle felted from Merino wool and a Mohair, Romney, Lincoln wool blend. She is five way thread jointed and has hand painted glass eyes.
She is weighted with steel shot, has a stitched and waxed nose and tulle wings with swarovski crystal beads on her antennae.

My swap bear from Laurie was posted in the other thread so here are some pictures of Linous, just in case you missed them. I just love :hug:  him! Laurie did a fantastic job on him!!
3699374370_18f1558e6e.jpg?v=1247002936
3699374332_80986b6878.jpg?v=1247003261
3699374358_80730c19b0.jpg?v=1247003215

All the bears are gorgeous, I can't wait to see the rest! It was such a fun swap :clap:  Thanks so much Laurie for Linous and Tanni for organizing the swap :hug:

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Hi Guys wow what great little bears, i'm still waiting to hear from my swap partner so i can send mine off to her.

i have to ask Nichole do you make your bears first then felt over the top of your mohair?, asking as you say its filled with steel shot so i was wondering how you did it.
  i went to your site along time ago and i think your work in amazing i loved the elephant.

well done guys again great bears i'm cant wait to get mine.

bearhugs susan x

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  :dance:  :clap: I received my swap bear today from my partner, Julia of Emo bears.  It is a wonderful red striped little girl that I named Tinker.  Seeing as how my computer at home is broken, I can not post pictures at this time.  Julia said she would post for me until I can at a later date.  It is a wonderful bear with a little skirt and the design is great.  I love it, Thanx so much Julia and also to Tanni for doing this wonderful swap.  Now I have to finish my swap bear and get it on its way to Julia.
Hugs Everyone!

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub  So glad you liked her Pat, I found it very challenging, i designed a new pattern just for this girl and have little experience working with synthetic. Also, i'm not a very girly person so I decided to make the girliest bear I could just for you.

I designed the pattern on her pad too.  bear_grin

Here she is naked  bear_innocent

P7100047.jpg

In her dress -

P7100044.jpg
P7100045.jpg

And a close up of her pad -

P7100046.jpg

Thank You so much Tanni for organising the swap - I had great fun and look forward to recieving my bear when Pat has the time (no rush Pat!)  bear_wub

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

What a pretty girly bear, her fur is beautiful, reminds me of orange marmalade. 
Joanne

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

OMG they are all wonderful - I am getting very nervous about sending mine off.  Olga, I hope you will not be disappointed.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Thanx so much Julia for posting the bear for me, I had forgotten the embroidery on her foot, which I thought was great.  I love how you can pose her also and its just a great bear all around, and I do thank Julia for posting it for me.LOVE IT!!!

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

WOW.......all the bears are looking fantastic  :clap:  bear_wub  :clap:  bear_wub  :clap:

I posted mine off to my swap partner today so now is the really nerve wracking bit......waiting to see if she likes her bear!!!

I just LOVE doing these bear swaps  :dance:

Thank you Tanni for organising this swap.....it's been wonderful  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs
Janice

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

great bears, i post mine tomorrow and my swap partner is posting hers i am so excited this is my first swap and ive really enjoyed it. now the really good bit is seeing all of the wonderful creations. its nice to do something personal.
bearhugs
susan x

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

My swap bear has arrived :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
I feel so lucky to own one of Joannes wonderful bears.His name is Tusyian and he is just gorgeous and I will treasure him forever.I also received some lovely pieces of fabric...I will have fun putting them to use.I will leave it to Joanne to post photos of Tusyian.
Thank you again Joanne for such a lovely bear and thank you too for Tanni for organising the swap as it has been such fun.
Laurie :hug:

Bloomsburg, PA

IMG_3979-small.jpgtuysian-small.jpgI am glad Laurie is happy with her bear, I know the whole swap has been a pleasure for me.  Thank you Tanni.
This is my swap bear for Laurie,  I did a flower themed bear.  Since I knew he was going someplace so different from here I wanted him to reflect the desert where he was born.  His name is Tusyian, it is Native American, means land of little water.  It is the name of the town outside of the Grand Canyon, and since I made Tuysian while on vacation there, it was the right name.  All of the prickly pear cactus was blooming while I was there, so he is sitting in a prickly pear cactus flower made of corn husks.  I chose corn husks because being so close to Mexico and surrounded by Native American tribal land corn is an important part of the culture here.  He is holding a desert rose, which is a crystal that is formed in some of the world's deserts, this one is from the Sonoran Desert which is where I live.

The usual details for him.  He is 6" tall,  made of Helmbold mohair, needle felted muzzle, eyelids and nose, nose is then waxed. Leather claws, epoxy claws. He was a pleasure to make, and again I am so happy that Laurie is pleased with him

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Oh, my, Joanne! Of your bears that I've seen, Tusyian is my runaway favorite. There is something just sublime about him -- maybe in the combination of the desert-flower details and his trusting expression. He just seems to be the right bear in the right place and time:) Lovely!

Becky

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

what a cute bear, Joanne! bear_original  bear_original

mjbears mjbears
northants

i have no idea whom i am swapping with was can anyone help me, i did receive a email a while ago from a lady about swapping but i have had no further communication with anyone on this  can anyone point me in right direction of whom has a list thanks melissaxxxx

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi guys
i have sent my swap bear off to my partner last friday and my partner informed me she was sending her swap bear off to me.......cant wait so excited. will post pics when it arrives. the bears so far are so sweet.

bearhugs susan

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Hi Melissa,

If you contact Tanni who organised this swap I'm sure she'll be able to help you  bear_flower

Hugs
Janice

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

Hi,
I have recieved my lovely swap bear from Denise (Tuppies Teddies) today - sooo sweet! I will post a picture when the weather breaks and I can get a lovely summer shot! All of the swap bears are looking wonderfull, what a great opportunity to share our love for bear making and get to know each other more! I really enjoyed this experience and now have a new bear to introduce to the hug! Hopefully Denise will recieve her swap soon!
Hugs,
Juliexxxxxx

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

I'm so happy to say that my swap bear arrived today fom Jane of Mo Bears, she is a real sweetie and her name is sunshine, will sort pictures when my bear arrives to her. this was great fun thanks jane xx

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Here is Sunshine the little bear that I made for Susan (Bear Hands).

Sunshine11.jpg

Sunshine121.jpg

I'm waiting for my bear who should arrive any day!  Can't wait!!

Bloomsburg, PA

What a sweet faced, adorable little bear.  I just love her coloring, how perfect for a summer swap
Joanne

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

what a sweet bear! bear_laugh  bear_laugh i love the nose bear_grin

Bournemouth

HI, look what I found amongst my snap dragons! Meet Ryder, my swap bear made by Denise...  bear_original  Im so chuffed with him - what a cutie!IMG_0252.JPG

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

oh how sweet is he, i bet you are thrilled xx

Bournemouth

HI me again!

Denise had asked me to post a picture of the bear I made for her... so here is Aquarious! ( well done to Denise' sister who named her! I think it suits her to a t!) Like Ryder this is my garden... check out the impresive weed display... I have loads of dandelions and daisys - I actually like them so there free flowers!... my rabbit likes them too so thats fine!
Any way hope everyone who is due a bear gets theres all safe and sound!
Hugs
xxx Julie xxx

small_summer.jpg

Board footer