Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

DSC_0013.jpgHi Everyone

I am just popping by to show you one of my husbands (Darren) bears Ridley.  Ridley is from his Furgotten Range.  I have told him he should come and join in on Teddy Talk, but I think he is a bit shy, NOT!!! bear_grin So I have now given him a push to join in by showing you Ridley.

Hugs and best wishes
Jacqui

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Ridley is a gorgeous boy, I thought he was a genuine antique bear!  bear_thumb

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

WOW, he actually made this bear???? My husband could not sew on a button! (my boys can though!!! I made them learn to sew and cook a bit...)

kynthia Posts: 140

wow... ridley looks wonderful!  bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I thought he was a real antique bear too!!!!
He looks awesome and really has the look of good old bears.

Now you must show us Darren's other bears.  bear_tongue  bear_whistle  :twisted: Or we will be very disappointed to have to stop just after aperitive!!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

Ridley is AMAZING!  I thought he was a true antique bear too.  I only wish I could get mohair to look that "fabulously loved"!  I wish he would share some of his techniques on here for aging mohair.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Wow!  That is one beautiful antiqued bear!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  I hope your husband dives right into teddy talk.... it would be great encouragement to all of us!   bear_thumb

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Wow!  I wish I could age my old style bears like Ridley!!  He is a real cracker!  I love him!

ToyboxArts Posts: 61

Adorable!!!!!!!

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

:clap: WHAT?! Your husband made that wonderful bear?  I also thought Ridley was
  a truly vintage/antique bear!!! Amazing!!!! bear_thumb

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

He's amazingly well antiqued/pre-loved!  Gorgeous bear

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Jacqui,

Haven't chatted with you for a while!  Hope all's well your end!

Anyway, back to the bear ..... he is fantastic!!!  Hubs certainly knows what he is doing, as his bear is a brilliant example of how to age a bear properly.  It must be good fun in your house!

Hope to meet you at Hugglets.

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Everyone

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments about Darrens bear Ridley, I am now not speaking to him as his head has swelled that much he can hardly squeeze it through the door  :crackup: so I have nagged him to come on and say his own thank you while I go and sulk in the corner bear_grin

Marion
Hope to see you too at Hugglets, fingers crossed I will see you soon.

Thanks again everyone, I will hand over to Darren.
Hugs
Jacqui

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi to you All!

I would like to say a very big thank you to you all, it is very encouraging to see all your wonderful comments on Ridley.  I have a passion for these old style bears, so have to make my own, as the genuine items can be very expensive, and especially when your wife has an addiction for shoes which just HAVE to come first  bear_grin Seriously though I am fortunate to do a lot of bear repair work and get to see how the genuine item has aged and worn, so I like to copy this when I make my own bears.

You have given me encouragement to come on TT again and join in on your lovely forum...thank you for this.

Very best wishes to you all.
Darren

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

Fabulous bear Darren, Ridley is just stunning, I like everyone else thought he was an antique, :clap:  :clap:  :clap: please can we see some more.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Wow I am really impressed!!

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Ridley is AMAZING!  I love him!
Hugs,
Janice

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi Darren, a brilliant creation, I really love him, my kind of bear  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

hes amazing, and how lucky are you having such a talanted husband!
i also thought he was a genuine antique bear.

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Hi Jacqylyn and Darren

I saw Darren creating a lovely penguin last time I visited the shop, this bear is absolutely gorgeous though - well done Darren!  :clap:

Hugs

Lisa

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

Ridley is gorgeous.  I want him!! bear_original

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwwwwww Ridley is STUNNING!!  Lucky new owner!!  xxx

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Ridley is outstanding Darren !  I too thought he was a genuine vintage bear, WOW !

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Darren He is stunning, no wonder he sold  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Darren, Ridley is absolutely MAGNIFICENT!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   Beautiful work! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer