Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

Wow Lynne!!  Look at all those goodies!!   I wish I could come stay with you, LOL!!    Great space!!   bear_wub

:hug:
*Jeannette

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Thanks everyone!  Jeanette, no - the puppy is a Basset Hound bear_original  My darling Chihuahua is 3 years old and best buds with the puppy  :crackup:   We got Sequoya our Chi at 1 year old from rescue. 
Karon.. LOL!!!  How true is that statement!!!  :crackup:
Katy love your space and all the fun stuff to create with!
Denise thankfully NO!!  She's often at my feet but no longer bites them LOL!  A huge advantage of having grown up dogs with a puppy... the adult dogs taught her not to bite (much)  bear_grin

Cheryl yes... I LOVE the light!!  I actually stay in the studio and work because it is light filled.

Lynne I agree with Becky.. your room does remind me of Geppeto's workshop.. what fun!   Most of my "stuff" IS in a closet in the guest bedroom...but I love working in the sunlight bear_original

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

You all have done such great jobs making your work areas the best possible to create in. They are all a great creation too! bear_original
I think we should start a thread on studio helpers, the 4 legged kind, feathered or scaly. Showing pictures of them in your studios and telling everyone just what it is that they do to help you create. bear_original
I know some already show their helpers here in some pictures but many of you have not. bear_original

teeeej Brisbane

Great rooms everyone! I was planning to use our spare bedroom as a craft room. But my Mum decided to buy a big queen sized bed, which took up way to much space (thanks Mum bear_angry ). So now all I can use that room is to store some of my things. I end up sewing where ever I happen to be sitting at the time - lounge room, office and mostly my bedroom. My bedroom is overflowing with my bear making things. I am overdue for a good cleanout.  bear_wacko

---
Therese

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

It is soooooo wonderful to see all your working-places and it pushes me to do my very special own working-place soon too - as I told you in the meantime I've to work in the dining-room, but I think I will change this room into MY room ....... well let's see what the next show will bring

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I've loved seeing where everyone creates too, and I'm SOOO envious of those of you with loads of light, mine is primarily electric, although I do have 2 daylight lamps

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

003.JPG004.JPG002.JPG001.JPGI love looking at everyones work spaces! Big and small I would love to sit and sew with everyone! bear_wub  Hey I figured it out!!! so this is my favorite room. I want to paint and rearrange things. The wall unit I have right now on the walls is actually a really big unit..so when I'm done painting it will be put all together on the main wall and it will have tons of display and storage shelves.......it's on my to-do list... bear_rolleyes
Kristina

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

TT-Copy_of_My_Bear_Making_Suppy_Closet.jpg

This is my closet where I keep all my bear making supplies. It is in my second bedroom where it shares space with my computer and guest bed. I feel that as time goes on I need more space. I am seriously considering taking over the second living room downstairs and making it into a studio. My Michael may have a different opinion for that is his "man-cave". So for now this will have to do BUT, there may be feathers flying down the road if I have a mind to expand downstairs.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kristina, Your American Bear Co. Bradford Vermont sign has me smiling. I was just in Bradford two weeks ago. It would have been fun if there really was a bear company there!!!
bear_original
I'm jealous of your fireplace. I'd never thought of having one in a studio but now I'm thinking how wonderful that would be!  :dance:

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Oh thanks Daphne! I just LOVE my fireplace! I got it for Christmas last year cause my room can get fairly cold. And let me tell ya that thing puts out some heat...LOL...Not to mention how comforting it is. I love fireplaces. If you have the space...go for it. They come in all sizes now...there's one out there that has your name on it.... bear_smile

I found that sign in a Salvation Army thrift store a few years back....thought it was to cute to pass up. It would be great if there was a store there...heehee...

Hugs
Kristina

knockiebear Slackstitches
Portknockie
Website

I am working on being that tidy, but it may be a while before I can take a pic. Perhaps the problem is that bears is just one of the things I do, not to mention a mother-in-law and a neighbour who keep passing fabrics and yarns on to me. I either need to get ruthless or very, very busy.
Margaret

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

Kristina you have a wonderful space!!  I love your fireplace too!!  And your dollhouse is wonderful!  Building dollhouses is another of my hobbies  bear_original   Your little cat helper is adorable  bear_wub

Michelle, I wish my closet was that big!!  I've run out of room in mine, LOL!!   Good luck with your expanding!

*Jeannette

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Thanks Jeannette!!!
My mother redid the doll house. She gave it to me many years ago and decided she would like to refurbish it....she's been addicted to minis ever since......she has her workroom downstairs in the basement.....I rarely see her...lol...She finished a sweet little house that I found at a garage sale and it's so cute but hard to get a pic of cause the lighting sucks downstairs. I bought a Greenleaf house for her birthday last year...it's huge!!!! She's in her glory!!! I also like to creaet minis to..it's a nice change from bears. Both crafts completely addictive  bear_grin

Yes my Fatcat helper  bear_wub he mostly supervises!!!!

Hugs
Kristina

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Do Minis take up less space?

It depends upon the acquisitive nature of the designer... how much stash do you need to feel comfortably supplied!!

Denise, no matter how small the space, every image has color and flowers or something from nature included - even the long bamboo poles - I like that!!!

Lynne - I'm feeling most at home in your space... all of those wonderful boxes and bags and nooks and crannies and corners holding wonderful surprises yet to be discovered by a visitor—or re-discovered after purchasing in a long ago sale somewhere and packed away for 'Some Day'....
I LV the possibilities stored here. So many ideas spring from seeing disparate parts stored near each other, which one wouldn't normally think of when fabric is over there in a closet and ribbon is on this rack and buttons & embellishments are in that drawer....

Right now I'm searching for 2 papers for tax work, because my  studio and work stations around the house don't even look as neat as Lynne's, though they used to.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

LOL!!
Michelle, I've met you several times in person, so I KNOW that this isn't true, but in seeing your images just now and comparing the one of you in your mohair stash to your avatar, it would appear that you have a 'Bear-Making Uniform'!!  :crackup: :crackup:  :crackup:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Bobbie Wrote: Michelle, I've met you several times in person, so I KNOW that this isn't true, but in seeing your images just now and comparing the one of you in your mohair stash to your avatar, it would appear that you have a 'Bear-Making Uniform'!!

Actually they were taken on the same day! Good eye there Bobby.  I needed photos for work on an award I was recieving and they wanted pictures of us surrounding our hobbies and interests....As you can see, my cats and bears are my ture joys in life....

Board footer