Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Shelli,

I have a spare unopened copy (advertising perk) - email me your address and I'll pop it in the post x

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Shelli I will check the newsagents out tomorrow for you ....... I will buy what they have.... I don't think they get many but I will look out for you ......

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Melissa... and I hope you saw cute William, that I scanned for you above.  Congratulations on being published; it's so exciting, isn't it?

Thanks, Melanie, for asking. :(

Patsy... thank you.  Do what you can if it's convenient, then let me know your costs.  Thank you so much!

Paula... I'll take you up on that, since it's an extra to you.  I hate to take these magazines out of people's hands.  If you gals are like me, those things are like Bibles you consult over and over again.  Will send you my addy via PM.  Thank you very much!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

thanks Shelli....that's the first time EVER that I have seen my bears in print ...woohoo!!...now I'll have to wait until February when it arrives here, or bug my big sis in the UK to go and find me a copy  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shel - if you do wind up with ten thousand copies I'll take a few off your hands! The girls in my bear club and I would love copies! But you'd have to autograph my copy first!!  bear_grin   bear_flower   bear_wub

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Paula... I'll take you up on that, since it's an extra to you.  I hate to take these magazines out of people's hands.  If you gals are like me, those things are like Bibles you consult over and over again.  Will send you my addy via PM.  Thank you very much!

'Tis in the post as we speak.  bear_thumb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Shelli,
     Congratulations on your article in Teddy Bear Scene.  I had one on my bears in the same magazine, last December.  It's a really thrill to see your work in print, isn't it.  I will look for it in Chapters this weekend, to see if they have it.  Some of them carry it and some don't.  Chapters is our version of Barnes and Noble.  I want to see your article, so I will definitely be on the hunt for it LOL!  Good luck getting all your copies!

Hugs,

Brenda

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

OK, made a trip to my favorite Barnes & Noble today and got you the last of what they had, 2 copies.  Both look like they're in excellent condition.  Shelli, email me directly with your address and I'll get these mailed out to you!  Now you only need, what, 8 more?  2 is a start!
bear_original

Hugs,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I have three now!  Paula sent me one from the UK today!!!!  Thanks, Kelly!!!  Info coming your way via PM....

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Shelli,

I went to the two international magazine stores in the city today to look for you for the magazine.  But sadly they only had the January edition now  bear_sad   I hope you will be able to get enough with everyones help. 

Hugs
Catherine
x

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Thanks, Catherine, for your efforts; they're appreciated.  I was afraid of that very thing happening, hence my extreme disappointment and panic.  If TBS had told me there was nothing available to me when I first wrote them, I would have had no problem getting someone with access to the magazine to grab me what was available.  But now, where TBS is most widely circulated -- Europe -- the retail outlets have already moved on to the January issue.  Frustrating!  I'm thinking that only the US stockists will still have the DEC issue at this point, because we're a bit "behind" the European continent in our subscription availability.

I'm really warmed by the response here, and by everyone's efforts; it feels great to have friends from all over the world doing something that really helps me out.  You're all so appreciated.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I'm up to five "extra" copies at this point; that's halfway to the ten I wanted!

1 = Paula
2 = Kelly
1 = Chrissie
1 = TBS subscription dept.

So it feels great to have SOMETHING to work with and hand out and scrapbook, and I'm enormously relieved.  You've all been an indispensible part of that.  Again, thank you.

At this point, I can safely say that if anyone finds some extra copies, please grab them for me, because there's no "huge supply" coming my way from Melanie's MotherInLaw (thanks again for checking on that so quickly for me!), or another distributor, or TBS.  So it's probably piece-meal from this point on.  I'd still love to get all the way to ten, because I had specific places for each of those ten copies to go. 

I WANT to reimburse you for the magazine and your postage and time and any fees.  I promise to pay immediately!

Thanks again, all.  You've been friends to me in the truest sense.  You're appreciated!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Shelli I checked out our newsagent here and they think it has stopped being imported into Australia as they have not had it for 2yrs now ..... sorry

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

That's okay, Patsy; thanks very much for your efforts! bear_original

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Hi Shelli

I'm still looking for mine - it's here somewhere I know it!  When it appears I'll let you know - I'd be more than happy to send it to you.

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

I've found it!  Not in the most obvious place - mixed in with a bunch of my husbands car magazines?!?!?- the only place I hadn't bothered to look.  Your up to 6 now if you'd like to pm your address.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi Shelli

i will definitely be able to get you at least 3 or 4 - probably the whole 5...there is one place behind the US and that's New Zealand.  I know four  bookshops that stock it so can definitely get them for you...I just have to wait until it arrives in the shops.  It should be this week or next week, as I know the November issue went on sale a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

YAY!!!!!

Melissa, if you'd like me to send you payment in advance, please let me know how to do so.  If New Zealand is anything like the US, those UK magazines run near $10US each!  You can PM me with information on how to best do that.

Thank you so much!!!!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :hug:  :hug: :hug:

PS  For anyone keeping tabs, I'm up to:

1 = Paula
2 = Kelly
1 = Chrissie
1 = TBS subscription dept.
1 = Vicky
4?= Melissa

which equals (probably) 10!!!!!!

YAY, TEDDY TALKERS!!!!  You guys really come thru in a bind.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hooray!!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Just in case any of you are wondering how on earth I could need or use ten copies, I thought I'd offer the following.  I figured I need ten copies because, ideally, I'd like:

#1 = to cut up and paste into my scrapbook
#2 = to frame and hang on studio wall, for those days when nothing goes right and those bears just don't click
#3 = put in protective magazine cover and store with "show/exhibit" rolling cart for display at bear events
#4 = as a reading copy for me to keep on my teddy bear magazine "reference" shelf
#5 = to mail to mom and dad (SF area)
#6 = to mail to supportive sister (Washington DC area)
#7 = to mail to other supportive sister (Wisconsin)
#8 = to mail to friend Andrea (Southern California/LA area)
#9 = to force upon ex-husband (bearmaking IS a real job, Mister Doubting Thomas!!!)
#10 = as a marketing copy to keep stored in my car, next to small stack of business cards and small photo album of my work, to show to potential retailers in case I stumble upon a bear shop while driving/travelling

And the one copy I already have, my subscription copy:

11 = is placed, in order, in my TEDDY BEAR SCENE magazine binder (which came with my subscription.)

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
Shelli wrote:

#9 = to force upon ex-husband (bearmaking IS a real job, Mister Doubting Thomas!!!)

HA!!!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY
Shelli wrote:

Do we get a say in which option our donated issues are used for?  I found my favorite  bear_laugh

Hugs,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hey... sad but true.  You have no idea...  bear_noexpression  bear_sad

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Ha Shelli, are you going to make him eat  it.
My copy is still available, and I have contacted our local news agency who will contact me on Monday, as we also get our copies later than the rest of the world, I am sure they will have copies that can be sent to you.
I was telling my husband about the teddy talkers and I said we all about the same and he said yes , you all "daft"

bear_original Lynette

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Be sure your boys know how many people the world over are sending you copies and asking for autographs.......they will somehow slip and tell dear old dad in their enthusiasm for whats happening to mom..... o080.gif

Board footer