Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Welshot-Bear-3.jpgWelshot-Bear-2.jpgWelshot-Bear-1.jpgA dear friend of mine runs a photography company, Welshot Imaging, in North Wales, both managing pro photographers and running workshops/1-1 tuition for hobbyists.  A while ago she asked me to design her a mascot bear to coincide with their 2nd birthday tomorrow.  She had quite the list of requirements, and I was a little bit daunted at first - he was to be black and green, her company colours (yeah, green mohair is pretty hard to come by!), he was to be able to fit in a camera bag (um, yes, that took a bit of defining too, since camera bags come in all shapes and sizes!) and he was to have the Welshot logo on him. 

This guy is who I came up with - green mohair from Sew What And Stuff It, black mohair from Bear Basics (and a big thanks to Susan who let me go walkies at the fair with the black mohair to match up with SW&SI's green, as neither company could fulfil the requirements on their own), handpainted sparkly eyes - my very first attempt at this in a bear, a new rather rounded 4-part body design, and my first sealed nose, using the PVA/water mix suggestion (thanks to all on that thread).  You'll notice he doesn't have a logo on him, he's got a wee black rucksack and she's going to order in embroidered badges for the company and sew one on for him.

Snookums Posts: 285

He's the sweetest little guy!! I love his chubby belly. Katy, you outdid yourself!! bear_wub

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

darling what a sweet pea!! i love the coluurs and the nose is just fab!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

He's so cool! Great job, Katy! I know she'll love him.

Glasgow

Thanks guys.  She loved the photos, and as he went out in the post today, she can let me know tomorrow how much she likes him in the fur

Densteds Densteds
Website

Wow!! Katy,  he's fabulous, love the colour combination, great nose!!!

annalong MadebyAnna

He is GREAT!!! I love his nose too. Love the color combination. Also love how the black fur peeks out behind the green on his ears  bear_original

Annabearella Annabearella's
Cincinnati, OH

Wow!  I love his nose & his toes.  I really like his big feet.  Very cute & a striking color combo.  :clap:

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

He's fab, love him  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

Glasgow

Thanks guys.  He arrived yesterday and has apparently already settled in, paws up on the desk  bear_laugh

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awwww he adorable, the colours work really well  bear_wub

Pauline

Board footer