Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

TedyTalk-photo-ornaments.jpgAngel1-2.jpgEggs2teddytalk.jpgDollteddytalk.jpgWow, I can't believe all the talented people in Teddy Talk!  Everyones work is wonderful!  I love this "show and tell" post - I feel like I'm getting to know more about the other members.
      I have always been involved with art at some level.  I sold hand painted eggs as Xmas ornaments for years, at the Craft show, and also did children's portraits as well.  The angel picture was done from a picture of my daughter, as a child.
     I also paint wildlife on frosted glass balls, but don't have any to photgraph. I make one quilt and once was enough for me!  Takes much too long LOL - but I really admire people who can make the full size ones.
    I decided to add my photo ornaments - I'm really interested in geneology and love this way of getting some of the old phots "out of the boxes".   These are all family photos - the one on the right is of my  hubby and I when we started dating 41 years ago (LOL) and the two pendants are of my grandson and my dad and I.  It's particulary special as I have very few photos of him, as he always too the pictures.

Hugs

Brenda

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Awesome Brenda, just awesome!.  I love those eggs!

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

ok, I am going to try this again...I don't know what happened, I think I went into a loop, had to completely shut this darned thing down.

well, I have no idea what is wrong...guess I won't get the ring posted........ :wacko:

Brenda, your painting are beautiful...just beautiful.  Have you made any of those bracelets that are tiny glass squares with photos in them, then held together as you did your frames.  The glass is very thin...actually slides.
I have all the material to do this, but who has the time to start something new.  That will be for another day. bear_grin
Nanc.......

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks Sabine !  :hug:
You are all so talented ! bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

- I TRY to crochet  bear_laugh
- I like to make jewelry (in high school I use to work with sterling silver)
- I use to do ceramics (I got pretty good at throwing!) - I eventually would like to do this again
- I sew curtains and simple things like pj pants
- I also use to make beads for jewelry out of fimo clay
- I like to bake but nothing as gorgeous as those cookies, Roxanne!!!
- I would also some day like to make wedding cakes bear_original I wanted to make mine for my wedding but there was too much going on

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Judi, your airbrushing skills are amazing - I have always wanted to learn to do that!   Roxanne, how can you stand to eat those cookies, they are so beautiful.  One year I made Xmas cookies and painted them with a brush and paste food colouring and they came out super but then I watched the kids eat them and decided - never again!
    Terry and Heather - I love your week sculpt.  It's so much fun doing whimsical things.    Sabine, your quilting is beautiful.  I admire quilters - t hey have much more patience than I do.  Well done, everyone!

Hugs,

Brenda

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

WOW!!  You are all very talented people.

Judi, I love your tiger!!

I used to do floral design and worked as a florist for a time.  bear_flower  I want to learn to quilt, bought some books and can't seem to organize my time.  I think you all must have better time management skills than I.    bear_ermm

Joan

clare14 Country Bears
England

I work too much, eat too much chocolate, drive too fast........oh you mean crafts??   Sorry, on totally the wrong thread there for a moment  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Before the bear bug bit, I used to paint, cross-stitch, do dough craft (LOVED that!!) etc etc.   I once sewed around 200 little lavender pillows to sell!!!

Bears have taken over though.....but I am so intrigued with Kim and Nancy's sculpting, I might try my hand at that when I need a break (sometimes I need a break - do you??!)   Although where I'll put clay supplies etc - heaven only knows  :doh:  And I'll probably create little lumps of nothing!!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh   Fine art dears!!  bear_whistle

It'll keep me out of trouble!!   bear_whistle

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Mermaid.jpgCandle-Lid-1.JPGSam-Complete-8.JPGWelcome-Guests.JPGWow, I am in awe at all of the extra talent in here! 

I, myself, also sculpt, draw, paint... I've started learning how to knit, but am still a novice.  Here are a few of my other creations...

The black, brown and white dogs are Berner Bliss, my line of Bernese Mountain Dog sculptures... Some of you have seen my faeries before, and I also dabble in something new from time to time....

Unfortunately I don't have any of my drawings on the computer. bear_sad  No scanner... but here's a candle lid I did...

Kimbelry W.

Densteds Densteds
Website

z-042-Small-Small.jpgz-010-Small.jpgz-041-Small-2.jpgcouch3-023-Small.jpgcouch3-007-Small-2.jpgHi Everyone,
This is great post, thanks Nance for getting it started, so much talent and all so diverse.. you ladies are so clever!!!
I did folk art or tolepainting before I started on my bearmaking, still try to do a bit now & again, so much to do...so little time...also I am doing some upholstering and believe me now I know why it's so expensive to get a sofa recovered.. here's some pics of my art & the sofa I just finished, sorry the pics aren't too good.

big hugs,
Denise.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

oooh I love this thread!!  My family are into every craft imaginable, The first proper thing I remember making was a soft toy elephant for my little sis.  I would have only been 6 lol.  So it has always been in me to craft.  We are a funny lot, my sisters, mum and I, if we like something, we rarely buy it, we figure out how to make it and do it ourselves lol.  Not for money or anything, we just like to do learn and know how its done and that we can do it etc. We have basically every craft covered lol

I have so many crafts that I love, I will show you some photos of my favourite pieces in the next post.  The sad thing is that now bears takes up all my time!  I suppose we have all had that happen lol.  In the future I would love to try my hand at sculpting, only for myself as it seems really hard, but I just love the fairies that the two Kims and the others have shown off on the wings post, and Heather and Terrie, I love your little fellows and would love love love to give it a go one day.

Roxanne, your cookies are too nice to eat!  I used to love to cook and bake things all the time, I even began my own wedding cake bus for around a year lol.  Loved it, but not as much as Bears so gave it up.

Charlotte, lovely basket..never tried that hehe, looks likt fun!

Sabine, your quiting is beautiful!  My mother quilts and it looks very time consuming, but I love the results!

Judi, I've seen your tiger before, but that horse is amazing!  I can't draw and it is something that always amazes me.  Beautiful!

Brenda, your drawings are beautiful.  I've made porcelain dolls and know that first little girl lol

Kimberly, your dogs are so cute.  I have collected little dogs since I was 12.  And I've seen your Fairies and such before, stunning!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Your doggies are adorable, Kim!  Look at that little scamp with the bra!!! I had a friend that her dog use to chew up her bras!

Australia

38-my-dolls-tessie.jpg25-crewel-embroidery.jpg36-My-dolls-cricket.jpg23-chess-set-.jpg55-Paper-Tole-fairy-flight-.jpghere is one of my prized paper toles, it is huge and took ages to complete,  next is my chess set which also took me ages to complete lol, and then I have some porcelain dolls bear_original

Australia

Denise your folk art is so lovely!  I want to do some dining room chairs.  Another project on my to do in my lifetime list lol

kimkc Australia

Because i belly dance, I make my own costumes. This can be anything from sewing a skirt to beading a bra, which is time consuming but as addictive as bears!
I also write, make jewellery, dabble in photography, knit, paint and i'm studying interior decorating. I also love baking, when time permits.
I love everyones work, you are all so talented bear_original

Australia

Hi Kim...by any chance are you the Kim that I know from the other group lol.  Just because you belly dance and she belly dances and we have had discussions about Bellydancing as my sister is or was a professional teacher.
lol, confusing, but hope you understand lol
hugs Sarah

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

I wish I knew how to bellydance.....

Kimberly W.

P.S. Yeah Kimbee, that dog is titled "Welcome, guests!"  Isn't that just like a darned dog?!? lol

Deb Upstate New York
Densteds wrote:

.. here's some pics of my art & the sofa I just finished ..

Denise, what did you do to the sofa?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
BearBottoms wrote:

I wish I knew how to bellydance.....

Kimberly W.

P.S. Yeah Kimbee, that dog is titled "Welcome, guests!"  Isn't that just like a darned dog?!? lol

I would have liked to be in dance classes when I was younger... my dad said it was too expensive.... I think if I would have pushed, my mom would have convinced him to let me  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

nanc*e*bears wrote:

Sue Ann showed her amazing book (which by the way, where do I get a signed copy?)
:hug:
Nancy

Nancy . . . the book can be ordered from my website through PayPal - thanks much for inquiring.

http://pages.prodigy.net/jpaulholcomb/html/tex.html

Gosh - where to begin??!!  Teddy Talk has a treasure trove of multi-talented people - I am so in awe of all of your various creations . . . it really is like attending a virtual art show to look at all of these awesome, outstanding items.  Eggs, fairies, cookies, quilting, dolls, airbrushing, tole/folk art painting, sculpting, belly dancing, jewelry, basket weaving, needle felting, embroidering . . . my mind is boggled!!!!  Can't tell you enough how impressed I am with all of your talents!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sue Ann -  WOW A BOOK!!! I will have to buy one... will you sign copies for us gals if we do??  :pray:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

kbonsall wrote:

Sue Ann -  WOW A BOOK!!! I will have to buy one... will you sign copies for us gals if we do??  :pray:

Absolutely . . . but it's just a children's book.  It won't ever make the best-seller list!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

But I will have it for my kiddies and a great story of where mommy's Hayley bear went to bear_original

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Wow You are all so talented.
I used to make quilts, I have made Denim quilts I saved the little girls jeans that my kids wore for three years. Now I have this awesome memory quilt from their little jeans.
I have made lots of quilts, tons of kids clothes, I used to have a business in Califormia making custom drapery and curtains.( Not a fun job) I prefer to sew for pleasure and create what comes in my head.
I used to paint too. Water colors, now I just sew bears, bear clothes, crochet bear clothes. I don't have much time for anything else.
Kathy
P.S. I forgot the Scrapbooking,and Stamping that's what else I do!

Densteds Densteds
Website
Deb wrote:
Densteds wrote:

.. here's some pics of my art & the sofa I just finished ..

Denise, what did you do to the sofa?

Deb,
I reupholstered it, it was in a pale blue floral fabric before, 20 years old and looking pretty tired & faded, it took me a couple of weeks & I sure learnt to say some new words during that time.  :redface:  :redface:
At one frustrating stage, my husband told me to give up on it, just toss it out & go buy a new one... you can imagine what that did!!!!!!!!!!!! put a red rag in front of a  bull!!
hugs,
Denise.

Board footer