Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I love looking at all the photos!  Seems everyone here is the same as me, don't know the meaning of being bored lol.
Fran, my mum makes porcelain dolls.  She has around 30 I think, I dabbled in it and made 3 and a half (I got tired of it and mum finished the last one off for me lol)  It was nice seeing your work, they are beautiful   :angel:
Hugs Sarah

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Wow Fran that doll is gorgeous!!!!!!!  What talent and those beautiful dresses. 

I also do brazilian (dimensional) embroidery but don't have any pics.  Just started in Sep and gave all the projects away for presents at Xmas. 

Jane

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Fran,
     I think the doll I painted was called "pouty" and I can't remember the maker - I mighth have been Kestner or Halbig.  I used to be really into dolls about 10 years ago, but we lived in an isolated area and there weren't any classes, so I drew them instead!

Hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

And the talent goes on and on and on and on . . . . . . . . . .

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wow! This thread is a real treat to go through, it is like touring a museum of fine arts! The talent in so many different areas is amazing.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

bear-dress-ebay-009.jpgBrenda the dolls name i have is Jess, i will post a picture

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

This thread is fantastic, and has been so inspiring.  What amazing work you all do! 

Well, I've something to show you all!  I just finished (as of this morning) my very first handbag.  It features hand painted lace.  Keep in mind that this is my first bag along with the first item that I've sewn on the sewing machine.

Hope you all like it!

1.jpg
2.jpg

Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Danni . . . your purse is superb!!  Put some on ebay!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Gorgeous really lovely.  I still am scared of my machine although each time I use it I get a little better, may even make a bear with it one day.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

MaeLynnBD2.jpgWow everything on here is great.
I think I have tried just about every form of needle work there is.
Just a couple of years ago I figured out needle tatting. My sister learned shuttle tatting from a patient when she worked at the nursing home. But she never shared that with me. I'll have to find a book on that.
I have knitted for most of my life. When we did antique shows. I would find a ball of string and a couple of pencils and sit under the table a knit.
I also thought that finger knitting was the coolest thing when I was a kid. I would do it for hours on end.
I also crocheted as a kid too. The first scarf that I made for myself was a camo patterned yarn.
Here a couple of yeears ago I was going through some things and found this scarve that I knit when I was real young.
Grandma showed me some sticthes and I made up a scarf for mum. I made the pattern up as I went along. I think I had bugged grandma to show me how to make a cable kint and popcorn sticth. So she showed me.  I gave it to mom but she never wore it, just tucked it away in a drawer. At first I didn't remember making it. I had to ask my mom. I looked at the edges and knew that that was my handy work, but I just couldn't remember making it. Since its disovery I have remember sitting knitting it.
Now I want to get out my needles and start knitting. The last completed project was a blanket that I made for MaeLynn. Believe it or not most of the work on it was done while we were at the hospital waiting for her.  But I didn't get it finished until jut before her 1st birthday, I never did like weaving in the threads and tying small knots to keep it from unraveling.
The picture is MaeLynn at her 1st birthday and the blanket that I made for her. She found out that she could stick her fingers though it. She is quite the ham.
That day her party dress was a crocheted overdress in peach and white it was in a pineapple pattern. And it had little sparkle threads going through it. Mom bought it at a craft fair and really it was a steal. But she looked very sweet in it. And now she is 3, where does the time go?

Board footer