Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Everyone
Here is a picture of Mitchom , the bear made to look 100 years old. He is made from mohair and stuffed with excelsior( don't want to use that anymore )!!! He has black glass eyes which I took the sandpaper to in order to dull them, snipped the nose threads, left both and ear and an eye dangling and made his joints really loose so he just flops. Claws were also snipped. I then shaved him in places that would wear naturally and then rubbed wet newspaper over those areas.
Hugs
Gail

MitchomTTalk.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

AWESOME, Gail!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gail, that bear is wonderful!  No wonder it garnered such well deserved attention.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Thanks Sue Ann and Shelli- I forgot to mention that I also shaved small bits of graphite off a pencil to make the bear look dirty in the worn spots
Hugs
Gail

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Whew! That is one very LOVED-LOOKING BEAR!!
Amazing!!!  He looks SOOOO authentic! bear_cool

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hmmm...Laure, it is a browning agent so if you look in the section of your supermarket near the vanilla essence etc, you're sure to find it or something similar. The brand name we get here is Queens.

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Hayley, I wonder if that would be what we call 'Kitchen Bouquet'?  I looked at the ingredients on my practically empty bottle, and it listed mainly various vegetables.  I wonder if it is simply the essence of very, very toasted vegs with a few chemicals added, to contribute shelf life.  I imagine you could use it, but would the color stay?

Board footer