Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

After seeing all those wonderful Easter Bunnies in the 'Bring out the Easter Bunnies' thread...I wondered if it may be fun to do a challenge? There seem to be quite a few of us who haven't yet made a bunny but would like to have a go...and what we need is MOTIVATION!!
I'm not talking about prizes or anything...merely a set-up like we did with Shelli's digital design challenge...just encouragement to have a go at something new and stretch our imaginations and learn new skills.
And so as not to exclude those who have already made bunnies and would prefer to do something different....we could just make it an Easter Challenge.
What do you think? A challenge to make an Easter character of you own size, media preference and species, be it bunny, mousie, bear...whatever...maybe even an Easter platypus Matilda bear_grin As long as it has an Easter theme.
Easter is around four weeks away so that gives plenty of time for all. And then if we want, we have Easter Characters to sell so no-one needs to feel they 'can't play' 'cos they are still working on saleable pieces.
Suggestions? Anyone up for it? Could be the beginning of many future challenges...open mouth challenge, multiple double joint challenge, Christmas themes...FUN!!!
Anyone know dates of Easter? I can't find a calendar with them anywhere.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Easter is April 16th!  Count me in for the challenge.  This will be great fun!!  Brilliant idea Hayley!  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh where, oh where is everyone?  45 views and I'm the only one jumping on the bandwagon?  I'm going to challenge myself to make either a lamb or a little chick because I've already designed bunnies.  Oh Geez.  I don't have either mohair color!  Oh darn.  That means I'll have to place an order.   bear_happy (sigh)

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

Hayley!  Genius, you are!... and it's just what I need to get myself going right now!!!

So... count me in!!!

Aleta, thanks for posting  Easter's date.  I've been wondering for a few weeks now but I don't have a calendar with holidays and whenever I'm at the computer I forget to check for it.  Whew!  That's one more thing I don't have to carry around in my tired old head ;-) 

I've been feeling pretty down the last few days but this has me smiling.  I can't wait to see all the results.  With all the talent and different styles here at Teddy Talk it's sure to be a delight.

C'mon, everyone.  Please join in the fun!!!!!

luv,

LuLu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sounds good to me... I will try (I have a couple of commissions to do right now but I am sure I can fit one in by then!)

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Hayley & everyone ,

I just need the "MOTIVATION"  now!!   bear_grin  :clap:  :dance: 
so please count me in too !

Hugs/Marie

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Wonderful suggestion Hayley.

Melissa and I were discussing something similar in the weekend - a monthly challenge with each month having a different theme.  April is perfect for Easter and other themes could include an international theme (where everyone makes a bear to represent there country), Hallowen, Christmas, Seasons etc etc....but anyway I'm getting carried away I suppose we should see how the Easter one goes first  :redface:

Count me in bear_grin

Mel

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm challenged enough with the bunny project I'm currently undertaking and am SOOOO far behind on orders it'll be time to make snowmen and santa bears by the time I catch up!!! (Ok, it's not quite THAT bad!) But I can't wait to see what all of you make.

I think a monthly challenge is a great idea for those who can squeeze in the time!!! I'd definately participate whenever I can!!! Nothing like a bit of direction and motivation to get the creative juices flowing!!!

Australia

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  Oh Daph...the dreaded B word! I'm sorry  bear_grin . I guess if you never see another bunny again it will be too soon huh?
The things we do to ourselves....but you'll be a star soon enough and it will all be worth it. bear_wub

Aleta, Kim and Mel..thanks for your enthusiasm! I think the thing about a challenge is that it really doesn't matter if there are 100 people doing it or only 3...of course the more the merrier though! We can encourage and support each other. Mel..I think it's fabulous suggestion that we have a monthly theme challenge! And those that can join in, great, and if you have to miss a month, that's fine too. The great thing is that we will be pushing ourselves to try new stuff with a huge support team into the bargain. We have so much combined knowledge on this forum that I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't someone who could help with any problem conceivable. And we can sell our challenge bears so we don't have to justify taking time out to do something different. Who knows, someone may find they have hidden talents!

Marie and Kimbee...you will get all the motivtion you need. Kim..it can be tricky when you have commitments, but maybe this is something you can just play with on the side...a 'just for fun' project. And don't feel bad if this time is bad timing for you...there'll be next time and the time after that and.....oh..maybe Mel's right and we should see how the Easter one goes frst. Ooohhhh but I LOVE the sound of a challenge to outfit a bear in your countries theme. Hmm...would that be thongs and a singlet for us Aussies?  bear_laugh
Aleta..I'm sure there will be others who will be keen to hop in on the challenge (no bunny pun intended...but it was quite clever wasn't it bear_ermm  bear_innocent )..give 'em time girl! bear_laugh  Sheesh...45 mins and no other takers. bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_rolleyes  I just LOVE the sound of an Easter Chickee...boy, that WOULD be a challenge! Go and have a look at Sue Ann's adorable chickees in her vignette scene under the thread "How to make an eggshell??"" Sooooo cute!!! I'm sure you're up for it ..and a lambie would be adorable too. This is going to be so much FUN!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Count me in too! I tried to make a bunny once but the darn ears just would not work. But now I've got other ideas and motivation too.  bear_happy

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hayley

Great idea!  As Mel mentioned, we were talking about something similar in the weekend.  I have a bunny all planned for Easter but am fast running out of time to get him done.  Hopefully after this weekend I can get started.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with too!!

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Okay just thinking out load but, if we do carry on with these monthly challengers, I wonder if it is possible for each month to have a thread something like the user photo gallery to place the photos on so it is easier to view everybodies efforts...and if people want to sell theirs they can also put it on the "Bears for Sale"???

nettie scotland
Website

I want to play.I am just about to make a bunny so it can be my easter do da.I cant manage monthly but maybe the special holiday themes.
Good idea.
Diane xxx

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

me too! I have one in the works right now!
Sonya

Portland, Oregon
Website

Monthly challenges? Who's bright idea was that?  You gals are killing me here.  Did I sign up for monthly challenges.  Was there fine print?  There must have been fine print!!  bear_shocked   I thought I was singing (?) er, scratch that....signing up for an Easter challenge!  Hey now!

Too tired to sort it all out but still giving sleepy hugs, 
Aleta

Australia

Hee hee...Aleta don't panic deal girl! We have so many members on TT now that you will not be expected to play every time! Heck none of us can do that! If we end up doing monthly challenges, chances are it will be a different crew working on each challenge. No fine print....we all just join in the ones that strike a chord with us and when we feel like it. 'kay?
Settle back down to sleep now...shhh. bear_tongue
Mel, I'm sure that 'SuperQuy' has it within his powers to add another section for challenges. Will wait a few days to see if he's caught the thread and then email him. We're eventually going to run out of space for new sections on this forum! bear_wacko

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

psssst.... maybe we need to challenge QUY to make a bunny.......
Sonya

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Hayley, what a great idea! i haven't made a bunny yet but seeing such a beautiful easter bunnies here i would love to challenge myself..(.......not speaking of another 11 commissioned bears I have to make ...........)

Count on me too!

Huggs, julia  :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Great idea. No pressure just join in when you can. I would love to do the Easter one. I'm in! :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sounds good.  I have a brand new bunny design almost finished...I am so pleased with how he is turning out...I almost want to keep him...my youngets daughter would like that!...and my hubby has already found a name for him.

Bring on the bunnies...or chickens..or LAMBS!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Im in too, i have just finished a bunny and i will post a picture of her as soon as i have taken some.

Hugs
Vicki

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

HA HA AH AHAHAHAHAHAH AHA AHA HA HA............etc etc etc  bear_wacko

i wish i could say yes cos i have never made a bunny before but i am sooo behind with everything girls, there's no way i could get a pattern drawn up and finished by easter

Good Luck with it all and i want to see PICCIES!!!!!!

Penny  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Count me in, I plan to try my first bunny for Easter also!
That will be a big challenge for me!
It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

DSCN1742.jpg
Here is my little bunny who is about 3"and her name is Ickle, hope you all like her.

Hugs
Vicki

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Absolutely fantastic!  Way to go, Vicki!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer