Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Lanctot’s Loveables Teddy - Handmade collectible teddy bears by Rhonda-Lynne Lanctôt. Bears ranging in size from 0.75 inches to 21 inches.
Curious Mondo - How to make artistic teddy bears with Tami Eveslage

Greenie Posts: 9

Hi to you  all, im just new on TT and read alot  abouth tips and techniques, i got a feeling i wil connect more often here.
I made teddy bears when i was younger, all  kind of bears and soft toys.
Now i started a new life and want pick it up again with my old patterns and hopefully with more brains and exsperiance in sewing and technics over all those years i hope i can call myself a bear artist/creator/maker or just mum  later.
I wont rush  , i wont force, i wil not be in a hurry , i only know i  love to make bears and when i feel  enough comfort i wil get  exspansive fabric and hopefully by than i can add my  own tag to  it to  bear_original

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Hello Greenie and welcome to TT  bear_flower You sounds like you are going about it the best way - enjoying learning and loving what you do  bear_thumb There are no short cuts to gaining experience and here on TT we are all at different stages but still like to help each other out when we can and love to look at others creations and favourite bears. Its a lovely friendly place and I'm glad you found us  bear_original
michelle

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Welcome to TT, Greenie! bear_original  bear_original

TeddyBearsandCompany Teddy Bears and Company
Tallahassee, Florida
Website

Hello and welcome to Teddy Talk, Greenie.  This is a wonderful site, full of supportive teddy bear folks.  I'm sure you'll learn a lot here. Have fun reading in the Forum Library.  It's full of great information. bear_original

-Pat

Allsorts Bears Pam Allsorts Bears

Hello Greenie,welcome to Teddy Talk! bear_original xx

koonienett Lüdinghausen
Website

Hi and welcome Greenie bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Flower Mound, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Greenie . . . we're glad you joined our forum.  Looking forward to seeing your new bears.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hello and welcome to TT, Greenie!  bear_flower

1428157322_welcome01.jpg

Lyntonteddybears Lynton Teddy Bear Company
Bedfordshire

Hi everyone

I have visited your fantastic forum library many times for tips and techniques and thought about joining but just never got around to it somehow until now!

I 'dabbled' in bearmaking many years ago and enjoyed selling my creations at fairs and through a local shop. As so often happens, family life took over and I stopped making apart from the odd gift. About a year or so ago I came across my mohair stash in an underbed storage box gathering a thick layer of dust. Looking at all the fabulous artist bears available and how the techniques and quality had changed so dramatically over the years was pretty daunting I have to say, but also exilerating - so many new ideas!! So I took the plunge and am enjoying creating again. I still have limited time as I work too but my children are grown teenagers and fend for themselves most of the time (apart from lifts here and there, of course) but any free time I have is spent in the blissful abandon of creativity. My long suffering family look on this as 'complete furry chaos' as I take over the lounge and sometimes, I admit, I do loose pins/needles/stuffing sticks etc. down the side of the settee to be found by the next unfortunate person to sit there.....and yes mohair fibres are deeply attracted to my daughter's favourite pair of black jeans - I did briefy try to blame our cats - but to date we don't own a blue cat so that one didn't really work . .

Looking forward to chatting with other like minded teddy bear lovers and developing my skills as an artist along the way!

Lyn x

Lyntonteddybears Lynton Teddy Bear Company
Bedfordshire

Hi Greenie

Sorry just realised I hi-jacked your post, should have created a new one!! I'm new to this as well and not very 'up with technology'.

Love your bear she is so pretty!!

Lyn x

Greenie Posts: 9

lol i forgive you for hyacking hahaha, sometimes it can be so confusing , special when on phones and tablets, but anyways, welcome to you to :)

Lyntonteddybears wrote:

Hi Greenie

Sorry just realised I hi-jacked your post, should have created a new one!! I'm new to this as well and not very 'up with technology'.

Love your bear she is so pretty!!

Lyn x

Board footer