Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Judi,

Reading today's post was as much fun as yesterday's!  I love the pictures of the cows and your bears.  I think Holsteins are really cute.  $1,000 for eggs?  Wow! 

How far are you from Milwaukee?  I have cousins that live there.  We went there for their wedding years ago. 

Do your kids take part in doing farm stuff (stuff is the technical term  bear_grin )? 

Thanks for sharing your life with us. 

Shelli and Sonya,

I love the CA cheese commercials!  That one about working out is funny.   bear_grin

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

oh, Judi! You have such an interesting life!

Yes, does your kids give any hand to you hero-hubby??
or they just playing with pellets??  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

thank you so much for sharing!

Julia :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

It is so cool to see all your cows. They look so different from the beef cattle they raise here.
We all oohhed and aawwed over your pictures. My husband wants to know which cow make the chocolate milk!!HAHAHAAH bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Tako was so brave to get down there with the cows! Boy is he a tough little bear!!
Thanks for the look, can't wait to see tomorrow.
Hugs, Kathy

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Judi,

Seeing the cows and talking about the milk reminds me of my childhood when my father was a tenant farmer in the state of Tennessee.   We had one red and white cow for milking.     The only time I would drink it was just after Dad finished milking and straining the milk.  I would not drink it after being chilled in the ice box, so I guess I had milk only twice a day.

And the cow did not like children, so whenever Dad went out to milk, we had to stay inside or out of sight.  I remember once we did venture out and the cow kicked the bucket and spilled the milk.  Needless to say, Dad was not very happy.  He could have been the bucket that got kicked!!

Your animals are superb in conformation and I'm sure in the quality and quantity of milk.  You and Mark have done a great job in building such a fine herd of dairy cows.   It is no easy task I'm sure.

Also chuckled at the antics we must go through to get ears pointing forward during photo shoots.  We have shown horses for years and you should see some of the things they do to get the horse's attention and ears forward.    Everything from recoiling tape measures to opening and closing umbrellas.

Just wanted you to know I'm enjoying the dairy tour and appreciate all the extra work on your part to make this possible.

Hugs,

Wanda

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Great stuff and all that work you are a super woman Judi .Think i will sell the house and buy a farm ,thanks again

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Hi Judi,
Thanks for reporting live, I can't wait to tune in tomorrow. I find every aspect of your farm fascinating. I'm sure it's lots & lots of hard work but it's nice to see you & your family can still find time to have fun. Your cows are beautiful ~ Sandy

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks so much for sharing again, Day 2 of reporting live from down on the farm!
So intersting and I loved seeing your Bears out there also.

My goodness, the denim jacket you airbrushed with the cow is fantastic - looks like a real one!
Thanks again Judi and we look forward to tuning in again tomorrow.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Judi you have just made me realize that my life is so boring (except for the bears of course) Thanks so much for sharing your home life with us all. I just love the pictures and I'm looking forwards to day three. The picture of the cow on the jacket is awesome and here's me worried about using markers on my bears.

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:  Huzza! More Beauteous Bovines!  :dance:

Judi, this is a Pure Treat! I hope it never ends.

Your entire farm is so fresh and clean, kids and cows included, that it makes my city house look like a . . . well, like a barn!

Mark is Belgian!!

I'm half Belgian, maiden name Coumont. My Dad's family came through Ellis Island just before he was born, oddly enough in LA. They returned to Brussels shortly afterward, where he grew up drinking watered wine and delivering milk by dog cart until Grandfather Leopold Coumont brought them back to the US for good. My grandmother, Eugenie Leroi, had died in the flu epidemic of 1918, when my Dad was 5. I've never even seen a photo of her, but I suspect that I must look like her. Dad's family is of the tall and scrawny Belgian variety that settled in upstate NY. His older brothers were all musicians, violin and cello and bass players for the Buffalo Symphony. He couldn't carry a tune!

Fresh milk! I've only tried goat milk straight from the source, but it was rich and creamy and fragrant, nothing like the thin and smelly stuff sold in the supermarket. Apparently I blushed when the breeder said 'tits'. We were buying my little sister her first milk goat, and sampling the product.

I have, however, ridden a cow. Not, I'm sorry to say, the best mount!

Thank you Judi--keep it coming!  :hug:

Eileen

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

wow Judi - it's a small world - there you are, born in England and now living in Luxemburg USA  married to a 'Belgian' called Mark..... and here I am British and living in Belgium (which neighbours the country of Luxemburg!) with a Belgian - and guess what his name is - Marc - although he is around 6ft2 tall - much taller than me (I'm only 5ft4).

Really enjoying seeing all your photos,
hugs from Belgium!
Catherine

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
kassiebears wrote:

This is so cool! It is really nice to be able to get to know you better, and your family and your way of life. I just love the picture of your son holding the cow, that is so sweet.  bear_wub Tako and the heifer - that is just to funny! Animals are so cool - they just amaze me with the things they do. And they say cows aren't smart. Right!  :rolleyes:

It 'sfunny you mention this Kassie.  I used to think cows were not very smart but was surpised to find out otherwise.  When the cows come into the milking barn to be milked they know exactly where thier stalls are.  Each cow has a specific stall with her name and other personal information on it, right above thier stalls.  Either they have good memories...or they can read!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
kbonsall wrote:

Judi you are a wonderful "host" Your pics make me smile! I love that your bears are so active in farming also!!!! Did Little Honey Paws get to meet the cows too?  Does he know how to milk cows?!?.

Kimmy! bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  Your sweet littel Honey Paws bear is smaller than a cows teat!  I think she may be a bit intimidated.

Thank you so much for calling me a wonderful host!  I am so honored tobe able to show you all a window into my world.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
I Love Teddies wrote:

Judi,

How far are you from Milwaukee?  I have cousins that live there.  We went there for their wedding years ago. 

Do your kids take part in doing farm stuff (stuff is the technical term  bear_grin )? 

Shelli and Sonya,

I love the CA cheese commercials!  That one about working out is funny.   bear_grin

We are 1 1/2 hours North of Milwaukee.  We are just 17 miles east of Green Bay.

Yes, our kids do help some on the farm...except our oldest daughter....she is so busy with school activites .  Joey loves the farm the most out of our three children. but he is a bit small to do much.FARM-picE1-1.jpg  Rachel sometimes helps feed the calves and scrap back feed...and the never ending job of scraping manure into the grates...which then a conveyor carries it off to a pit outside.

Those cattle commercials are pretty funny.  CA has a larger milking population than Wisconsin, however, our climate is more comfortable for the cows.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Bumpkin Bears wrote:

wow Judi - it's a small world - there you are, born in England and now living in Luxemburg USA  married to a 'Belgian' called Mark..... and here I am British and living in Belgium (which neighbours the country of Luxemburg!) with a Belgian - and guess what his name is - Marc - although he is around 6ft2 tall - much taller than me (I'm only 5ft4).

Really enjoying seeing all your photos,
hugs from Belgium!
Catherine

HOW COOL!!!! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
doodlebears wrote:

The picture of the cow on the jacket is awesome and here's me worried about using markers on my bears.

The truth is , Jane, I almost threw that jacket out..I hated it so much!  Then I walked away for a while.  When I retuned to it I got a fresh view and thought, well, maybe it's not that bad.  Hey, I think I like it now.   
This works for bears too.  Whem I get frustrated with a bear , I put it down and come back later .  I get a whole new prespective this way.

bear_thumb  bear_wub

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
carsoncreations wrote:

Judi,

And the cow did not like children, so whenever Dad went out to milk, we had to stay inside or out of sight.  I remember once we did venture out and the cow kicked the bucket and spilled the milk.  Needless to say, Dad was not very happy.  He could have been the bucket that got kicked!!

Wanda, I have been kicked in the face( and given a black eye), legs, arms, ...I have been stepped on...OH MY>>>talk about PAIN!  I have been whipped in the face and eyes with a tail...just during normal cow-tail-swishing by the cow.the sting is intense for a few moments.....cows are not aggressive by nature but they are just so large and heavy that when they shift thier weight while you're under them placing milkers on....you can get hurt easliy.
  You learn to always be on-guard.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
plushkinbear wrote:

oh, Judi! You have such an interesting life!

Yes, does your kids give any hand to you hero-hubby??
or they just playing with pellets??  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

thank you so much for sharing!

Julia :hug:

Julia, I have really enjoyed sharing my story.  I wish you could all come and "play" on the farm.  We would have such good fun!

Just a few posts up I addeda photo of Joey and Rachel helping scrap back feed.  They like to help daddy! (and play with plastic pellets!)

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Judi,    This is so much fun!     

I feel like I know you and your cows better then I do some of my neighbors!    Your kids are so cute!    Do you have a school close by for them or do they have to comute some distance?   (sounds like city talk when i type this   bear_grin )

I was lucky enough in my teen years to live out in the county in new mexico, only horses and chickens and various other fowl and dogs...  Your family pictures make me miss the peacefulness of the country!     

Thank you for sharing, it is so nice to see what you and your family are doing!    Hopefully there will be an insight to your creativity room just inside the bay windows!    It is wonderful to see what inspires you!    I'd be embarressed to do a day in my life!  You'd all be alseep by paragraph two!       

Excited to see day three, I am off!

Duff

Board footer