Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Abbie, Paige... I will have to think more....

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Beautiful bear Shelli!! bear_original Her eyes are just stunning!I like they way you thought of Marie and our own Marie and before I read Louises's post I was thinking of something along that line but more regal  like Antoinette(Marie Antoinette )and I see that Louises had the same idea,great minds bear_grin I'm sure you will find a suitable name.She sure did become a "she" pretty fast.
Blessings and hugs,Shari.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Definitely a GIRL!!!  She is absolutely stunning, beautiful, awesome . . . and a teeny bit sad.  Someone else said she looked like she'd experienced a lot of life (paraphrased) and had perhaps more downs than ups.  The wonderful eyes give her expression LOTS of depth and and a very "I know what life is like" appearance.  At the same time, she emits a wise, classy, dignified look that says "I've been through the wringer, but I've come out on top!".  That said . . . sheesh - what a crazy observation for an inanimate object! bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_tongue  But that's what I do with bears . . . they take on a wonderful persona that I "inflict" on them and they always have a story!  Anyway . . . my suggestions would be:

Sienna
Adrianna
Sabrina
Serena
Malinda
Eden
Ariana

I could go on and on . . . I LOVE to name bears, but you probably have way more suggestions than you wanted!
Superb work! bear_laugh

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Wow...now we all are really jumping on here, good. I agree with Dilu, the neck piece dosn't do it...she is too elegant for the country look...I'd drag out a bunch of fabrics and just drape them across her to see what grabs you...a name, hmmmm, Anastasia, Darleen, Kathrine, Catalina, Destiney, Desirre are some that pop into my head.... Winney

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

What about Marie Celeste? A double-name.. or just Celeste if you like that better. Think that is a beautiful double-name! bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All right, you guys are somehow at the same time SO MUCH, and ABSOLUTELY ZERO, help.  Aargh!

The names you've suggested are great.  Some of them have weird associations for me (like, I have a dog named LILY, my sister's name is CHANDA, I've already made bears named SIERRA/VICTORIA/PRECIOUS/etc.)  For those of you who have kids, you'll know what I mean.  I LOVED the name "Peyton/Payton" for a baby, boy or girl, and shared as much with a friend... to which she immediately responded, "Oh, you mean PEYTON like the psycho nanny character from the movie, "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle?"

And *poof*.  There went any chance I'd be using THAT name.  :)

I am glad that, in the end, I get to make and finish these guys myself.  I could spend ten lifetimes pleasing the bunch of you!!!  Nose matches eyes, nose looks clownish.  Collar matches, collar doesn't match.  Focus on feminizing, focus on coordinating with mohair.  Forget the girl thing, make it a boy again.  I'm laughing here...

This bear is going to Collins and I sell to them at wholesale so the time for this little one to be showered with attention is drawing to a close as it becomes a serious cutting-into-any-profits question soon.  I think she'll probably keep the existing collar, for that reason (the fabrics are actually very pastel-y and the checkerboard one is a satiny-grosgrain, not remotely rough cotton or linen.)

And the name is...

GRACE.

Dilu mentioned in passing that this bear reminds her of Princess Grace and in keeping with that regal/sophisticated thing most of you mentioned, I think it fits.

By the way... this is the same head pattern I've used on a number of my bears (including my current fairy avatar bear, FAE) but I did some extra needle sculpting along the sides of her muzzle (along the gusset, from inner eye corner down to the nose.)  That's what gives it that more "elongated" look.

You're all stars.  Thanks so much for all the ideas, and for all the compliments.  If you're interested, I'll post pictures of bear#2 for Collins when I'm done.  It's EXACTLY the same pattern but I expect it to look entirely different!  It's fun sometimes to compare.

Thanks again, all of you!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

PS  I'm keeping a log of all the great names you've suggested.  Maybe I'll do it online so we can all share.  I'll put it in Teddy Tips & Techniques, so you can use it as a "library" resource whenever you need a feminine, sophisticated bear name.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli- just a side note - I'm planning a visit to Collin's on Sunday! I had no idea they existed til I read about them on your site and I only live 1 1/2 hours away from them! I'm going to a bear show in their neck of the woods so hope to stop by if they are open. What fun it'll be to see a Potbelly Bear in the fur!!! What made you choose Collin's if you don't mind my asking?
Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Grace is a perfect fit for your new bear!!  Can't wait to see more bears coming up!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Great choice of name Shelli, the moment I read that name it was my favourite too - it just jumped out as fitting her bear_original 

Hugs,
Catherine

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hey Shelli I love the name Grace. When I started making bears I made one bear that I decided would be staying with me and her name is Grace. I have a friend in America who was about to adopted a little girl from a broken family, when I said that I was keeping the bear called Grace she decided that she would be naming her new daughter Grace too! A really sweet name and it suits your bear.

Jane

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

Grace is a great name! bear_original

Board footer