Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dilu Posts: 8,574

My Little Chickadee  Penny

Mae West, Edward Cline and WCFields  1940

Is that a gun I see in your pocket.....is Mae West...but a quick google didn't turn up the movie and I am a lazywonk bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

:lol::lol::lol:

Now I'm going to go to bed
with THAT stuck in my head!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OH YOU GIRLS!!!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I think she did, Shelli! :lol:

Nance, you clever girl!! Got a piccy??

I like spiders. Sorry, I can't seem to help it. As a fellow needleworker, I love to watch them weaving their webs. Of course up here in the Great White we have very few that are dangerous. There have been reports of brown recluses here, so I'm a lot more careful than I used to be.

Every member of my family is severely arachnophobic. It's not unusual around here to hear a piercing shreik, followed by a wet, mostly naked person fleeing the bathroom! So I'm the official spider wrangler. Outside in nice weather, down the toilet in the winter.

My youngest went through some therapy for extreme arachnophobia several years ago. The psychologist brought in a box full of the critters. At first Alex couldn't stay in the same room with them. After 90 minutes, she was dangling them from her fingers on their little threads. Neat? She's relapsed, since we never practiced at home. I bought her a humane spider-catcher from
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.as … at=2,51555, which she can almost use without screaming.

I was attacked by a horde of fire ants in Houston one July 4th, and my whole leg was swollen and painful for weeks. But the only buggy thing that really scares me is the Preying Mantis. I never liked the way they  look at you (shiver to think about it bear_sad )While I was living in Virginia, we had a plague of 7-year locusts--I lost count of the number I had shoved down my back. For years I kept a collection of their discarded exoskeletons, but I guess my mom threw it out with my bear!

Eileen

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Shelli,
It's a shame your experience with pet rats it that of being bitten...I can only think that maybe they weren't handled enouh as babies. I have had three rats and they are all as gentle as can be...never even THINK of biting. They are such gentle creatures. Winney, I knew yu weren't talking domestic type ratties....even the average greay run-of-mill fild rat is a completely different species to domestic rats. I would be petried if I saw a muskrat or a rat as big as a cat! Yikes!!!! My girls fit in the palm of my hand and like nothing better than to lay in the crook of my arm at night when I'm watching telly and be stroked.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Obviously I'mgoing to have to either slow down, or make use of the spell checker!! It's 'cos I'm trying to type as fast as Shelli can!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

This is just SO UNFAIR Wonks!
Do you know what happened to me once - no i can't say as i start to get all withdrawn and weird - but suffice it to say - it was an experience i shall NEVER forget
(Bet that's where my grey hairs have come from)

Dilu wrote:

Here's a song for our intrepid friend PenPen who has a great love for all things with 8 legs  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am only sharing-I didn't create  :D

I knew an old lady
who swallowed a fly

I don't know why
she swallowed the fly

perhaps she'll die

I knew an old lady
who swallowed a spider
it wiggled  and jiggled and tickled inside her

She swallowed the spider
to catch the fly
but I don't know why
she swallowed the fly

perhaps she'll die

I knew an old lady
who swallowed a bird
how absurd
to swallow a bird

She sallowed the bird
to catch the spider
that wiggled amd jiggled and tickled
inside her

she swallowed the spider
to catch the fly
but I don't know why
she swallowed the fly

Perhaps she'll die

I knew an old lady who swallowed a cat
Think of that
She swallowed a cat

She swallowed the cat
to catch the bird
she swallowed the bird
to catch the spider
that wiggled and jiggled and tickled
inside her

she swallowed the spider
to catch the fly

But I don't know why
she swallowed the fly

perhaps she'll die

I knew an old lady who swallowed a dog
What a hog!
She swallowed a dog

She swallowed the dog
to catch the cat
she swallowed the cat
to catch the bird
she swallowed the bird
to catch the spider
that wiggled and jiggled and tickled
inside her

she swallowed the spider
catch the fly

but I don't know why
she swallowed the fly

perhaps she'll die

I knew an old lady who swallowed a horse

She's dead of course!

:)

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Pen,

It really was meant in jest...

However, I do remember the night I took a shower and grabbed the towel, being blind as a bat without glasses, and out jamped my son's 8 " plastic and fake fur toy tarantula.

I am sure he was very gratified by the horrendous scream, for when I opened the bathroom door he was rolling on the floor, laughing his, well you know, off, (which is just as well, as it saved him from a horrendous corporal punishment cruelly created just for him) :lol:

It was so very difficult being angry at him, he had such a wonderful sense of humor and employed it so creatively.  I truly miss his antics and hijinks- Why do they have to grow up?

My mother thought I spoiled him. hmmmmm.....I once pointed out it was better than abusing him and she didn't speak to me for a week.

Yes, I see now, where the poor child got his sassiness.  Obviously his fathers side of the family, no?

Ahhh well....perhaps we should let the wiggellyjiggellies fade and not tease you any further......

I did say there was almost always a song for every situation....I would remember that one.....:P

The parrot loves it!

Golly hugs

Dilu bear_original

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Now I can say for sure that I love Canada and our cold, snowy winters. This means we don't really have any sort of bug problem. Just some ants I guess. Never seen a brown recluse, or a black window in person before and I can't even imagine taratulas walking around.
So I guess my story would be about my "pet" tarantula. He was inherited from a friend that bought him, and then didn't want him anymore. I just couldn't stand to see the spider get killed, so now he lives in my bedroom, and I have to say he's very cute. They are very fuzzy, just like our teddy bears. And I've found that if you rub the underside of their belly (abdomen) he likes it! He will lift it up and stay there for hours. Cute I think. Also, I used to have a chinchilla and once I was holding the spider up to the cage so the chinchilla could see him. Well, I sure didn't plan on the chinchilla reaching throughout the bars of his cage and grabbing one of the spiders legs. I was horrified and thusly dropped the spider in fear of my little rodent friend.
Sorry if I've freaked anyone out. I do know a few people who wont come over because of the spider, but he does make a great conversation piece :D
Let me try and post a pic of him. Hard to get a good pic though
667e&.dnm=6c0a.jpg&.src=ph

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

ahh, didn't work and I can't find the photo button. I guess some of you are lucky eh?? LOL:lol:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Heather, you can't use the "quick post" if you want to upload a photo; you need to instead use "Post reply" which you can find at the lower right of the thread.

If you use the img tags, though, you can do it either way.

Board footer