Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aargh!  Judi, your bears are wonderful, but *poof* and there went my tableaux idea (Winken, Blinken, and Nod) for the contests this year!  :o;)

I'm just grateful I'm not already two bears thru the project at this moment.

Switching gears... !

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Cute, cute bears, Judi!!  You have SO much imagination!!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Judi,your bears are just adorable,did you make them recently or are they already adopted? :cool:

Shelli,I'm sure you will come up with something wonderful,you always do! bear_laugh
Maybe saomething even more amazing and then you will be so pleased that things turned out that way.

Blessings always,Shari.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh wow Judi, amazing bears!!!!  Thanks for sharing.

Danni

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Such fun bears Judi!  I really enjoyed seeing them. bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AAHHH we must think alike Shelli!  Hey, you are free to do what you like.  I do not own Winken, Blinken, and Nod...so have at it my dear.

Shari, I made these three just beofre I went on vacation.  Winken is on ebay and the others will most likely follow.

Thank you so much ladies for your always encouraging comments!!!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I don't have any pics to share yet. I have not made 2 bears out of the same mohair yet. But I can say that out of the 2 kits I have made, my bear looked totally different than the original artists bear did. Amazing how your own style can shine through. I don't think I could ever do more than one of the same bear. It would get boring.
As for dollmaking, as a doll maker with many dollmaker friends, those of us who don't use molds could never come close to making the same face\body more than once. I believe your mood, where you are that day etc. have alot to do with how our art comes out. I was grumpy making my 1st bear and he looks like he's mad. I think that's awsome!!
So that leaves the question, do we look like our bears? Or at least do they reflect your personality?
Heather

Board footer