Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

banner.jpgHi,

Shelli is the greatest!
She made this wonderful Avator for me.
I am so happy about this, I would not know how to begin making one, but she was so generous to make it for me.

Thank you a million again, Shelli

Rita

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Rita, your avatar is tooooo cute !!!!!!!
I am so amaze of Shlli's talent. :D

Hugs/Marie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ok, Shelli, so, how much do you charge? How fast can you do it? Where do we send pics? Do you take Paypal?:lol:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great avatar, Rita and Shelli!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shelli, you are really truly great !
as Daphne said,  if you don't mind I would like to know too :)
I have paypal account too so I can
pay by US dollars.(or Japanese Yen. he he)
Hugs/Marie

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Rita, What a fabulous Avatar. Shelli reigns supreme ,her work is awesome. She did mine too and I love it.

Hugs Rita xxx

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Holy Mahoney, Shelli, :D

That's a fantastic avatar--you've outdone yourself, girl!

Congratulations, Rita!

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lisa,
Love your avatar... perfect!!! The saying is very sweet.... I bet your babies have a bit of character thrown in for good measure too! :D
Daphne

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Shelli I want all the answers you are going to give to Daphne.

I need help too

do you have a program, or a basic template?

How do you do this

Oops....we can't overlook the key factor

Talant

Dilyu

Dilu Posts: 8,574

OOOOOOOPPPS

So busy wanting the answers to Daphne's questions forgot to tell you and Rita how beautiful the avatar is.....so very nice, as all the ones you have done here are!

bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All right you guys.  Knock this crap off.

I like doing avatars, banners, and ads as a different-than-bears creative outlet and will create one for my existing TEDDY TALK forum friends -- that's you, Daphne... and Marie... and Dilu... free of charge, and in good cheer.  It's terribly fun for me, and all modesty aside, I do enjoy that people seem to like my designs!  But DO knock that crap off.

I am hoping at some point to bring in a little extra income by creating banners or, hopefully, print ads, for fellow doll and/or bear artists, so I have updated my website to include some design package and hourly rate information.  I come really cheap, but I have no "credentialling" in this area, so that's really the way to go.  You can check here if you'd like to know more:  http://www.potbellybears.com/My_Homepag … Page8.html

Daphne/Marie/Dilu/other current and participating forum members... if you want me to make you an avatar it would truly be my pleasure.  Go to my design page, referenced above, and send me the appropriate information; if the page doesn't work for you as a "form" -- I'm still not sure whether I did this right -- just copy and paste the categories of information and send your answers to me directly via email, to info@potbellybears.com. 

It's best if you choose the photos for me, and send them to me in the highest resolution possible, and the largest size; 300ppi would be perfect, and about 4x6 or bigger.  The reason?  That way, I can work large and save large -- meaning you could potentially print out the end result and get a great quality photo print from it.  If you send me small pictures, though, or low resolution pictures, like at 72ppi, then I can't upsize them without losing significant picture quality.  Meaning that the end result graphic would only be good for use on the web (which displays at 72ppi in all cases.)

I can also "lift" photos from your website if you're inclined to leave the decision entirely up to me.

Thanks for being my fan club.  You guys are the greatest, and it's just never fails to warm my heart and bring a smile that something I put out there in the world pleases someone else.  THANK YOU!

PS  Rita, I thank you especially, for the VERY public accolades and thanks.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

oh Shelli....I love Rita's new avatar.
I know I told you not to make mine because I wasn't going to stay on...but I missed all you gals so much and the fun chats, I had to come back.
So, I have changed my mind.  Do you wnat to practice on me too? still?
I hope so. 
I don't have many pictures left since I had to do that destructive recovery from the spysweeper download.
I saved my pictures and my documents to a disc (burnt one)...but I am afraid to download them all back on for fear I might have something in there that I copied that would corrupt me again.
Let me know...I do have my little miceys and a york.
nanc........

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Nanc, of course I"m still happy to "practice" on you.  I love guinea pigs.

Go to my site and send me the info I need to get started, and then you choose which pics you'd like to use based on what's available to you and feels "safe".  I think it's clear you're pretty well known and respected for your yorkies; maybe that's a good place to start?  But it's entirely up to you.

I'd also need to know, in the case of an avatar, what text you'd like included, and exactly how it should be spelled.  Things like:  your name, your website URL, your company name.

Thanks!

Yes, Yes...shelli, I will do all that tonight.

Here we go again, with being a nobody. :rolleyes:
I don't have a website or a URL or a company name. Hummmmm, what can we do to 'fudge' it?

I am still trying to figure out the web thing.  I have a friend who is trying to tell me to go with some host or something because she will get a commission.  But I don't know about what she has to offer.  I want to do it right the first time and I do know that I want to be able to change pictures myself, not have to wait for someone else to do it.
I will go to your website tonight and put in all the info.  I am so excited to see what you come up with.
Nanc.......

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

bear_laugh  Rita you have some great looking teddies in your avatar!  And Shelli did a great job!

Nancy, I'm so glad to see you back bear_happy  and you would put "eBay ID xxxx" instead of a website... I remember a while ago in some magazine ads that some girls did this.

Lisa you are a great cheerleader!  Thanks for helping all of us feel better when we don't seem to have the confidence we should have!

Better get back to sewing now.... bear_rolleyes

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Rita, you gave Shelli alot of adorable bears to work with and the results were terrific.

Shelli- your generosity is as large as your talents.

Sandi

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shelli ♪♪♪
Thank you thank you bear_laugh:lol::D Ok, I will try not to knock this crap anymore!
But still I want to say you are super talented woman :)
I will start taking my bears pics for the size you told us and
let you know.   

Lisa: Your avatar is really lovely ! I love your panda bear and
the back color and flower is perfect matching ! bear_laugh

Hugs/Marie

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shelli,
Not only are you talented at bear making , but graphic design too ! What other talents are you hiding from us ??:P  Your avatars are absolutely stunning ! 

Tammy
ps I can't wait to see your first fur bear !

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Laura Lynn wrote:

put "eBay ID xxxx" instead of a website... I remember a while ago in some magazine ads that some girls did this.

Great idea!  Or you can always go the "lo-tech" route, like many, many bear artists do -- just check your current TB&F and TBR -- and put a phone number and/or address.  Anything works, as long as it brings collectors your way.

Thanks, Laura!  Great suggestion/reminder!:)

oh no Lisa...not the wet noodle!!!  I promise, to never, never say that again... is this what is known as tough love?  bear_grin   and thank you for all your wonderful advice as well.  You're a sweetie!!! for sure.

Laura, that is a great idea about the ebay ID...I have my new one and I don't plan on changing it.
But I do want to get a web site up and running, so Shelli, would I be able to make any changes to my avatar?  If not that is just fine, only checking.

nite all and thank you gals, I absolutely love this chat group.
nanc....

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Ok, I will try not to knock this crap anymore!

Marie, you are the cutest! :D

Shelli, m'dear, if you're going to insist on being so talented and generous, you're going to have to learn to duck!! :D

Eileen

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shelli, sorry for bringing this topic again.... but I am going to bother you...:P 
if you are still accepting "practice" case, I just send my request for an Avatar and
send you my photos (to info@////).

Sorry for giving you more work but
if you are too busy please ignore my
request. :)

Thank you !!
Marie

Board footer