Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

K Pawz Guest

Thanks for the reminder, now just who to choose!!!

Hugs,
krista

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

dusty-300pix-chest.jpg

Thanks Mindy , I sent mine in a long time ago

bear_grin

Kathleen Pa

Oh good, I'm not the only last minute person on TT!

Kathleen

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I'm still trying to decide which face to use...

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I can't wait to see the book!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Jared,
Post the 'choices' here and we'll help you choose...subjective opinions and all.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Please don't stress over which face !!!!! I know they will do a really good job , but the picture I don't think will be very big if there allot of artists doing it . So just send something you have liked that is good and clear and GO FOR IT !!!! So you don't miss out. bear_grin
( I am sending my Dusty The Clown posted above a few posts)

Mindy : Thanks so much for this wonderful idea !!! It is exciting for all us artists to look forward to it !!!

Jared : Are you going crazy at Wally World ? Kohls is getting toooooooooo much , and no help and tons of product coming in with no where to put it.Today , Wednesday is senior citizen day AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!
HO HO HO  bear_tongue The day after Thanksgiving I have to be there at 3:30 AM !!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Thanks for this chance Mindy, I've just sent my entry and photo off to you via email  bear_original

Can't wait to see the book,
Beary hugs
catherine

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I sent mine off a few days ago!

There's just 1 question: How can I get a copy of the book when it's out? I'd assume it's only issued in the US?

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

The Face Book will be part of the March/April issue. My first suggestion is that you subscribe to the magazine; that way you'll get the Face Book plus a year's worth of articles about all things teddy bear. As we discovered in September, overseas copies can arrive even before California copies, so timeliness is no longer an issue for international subscribers! It makes a great gift, and if you subscribe now, I think you'll get the Jan/Feb issue, which has lots of great articles about antiques and folk art, and particularly good pictures. US subscriptions are $23; Canada $32; International $45 (about 25 pounds or Euros), and you can subscribe through our secure Web site.*

We'll also sell individual copies. I think we usually charge $10-$15 for back issues (the price drops as you order more copies). I'm going to ask them to increase the print order for this one so we have extra ones to sell via the Web site.

You can probably also convince someone on TT to buy and send a copy.

So, you have several options for getting a copy.

Mindy

*(Hopping onto my soapbox for just a minute...  I support the teddy bear community by writing articles, publishing pictures, attending shows, administering awards, promoting the industry, etc. In return, I ask that all of you support me by participating in the projects, subscribing to the magazine, and buying ads. I really enjoy promoting the teddy bear world and I believe in the art and humanity of what we're all doing, but the bottom line is, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine. And while we absolutely appreciate newsstand and back issue sales, they are expensive ways for us to deliver the magazine -- and therefore expensive for you, too. The most efficient, least expensive transaction for both of us is a subscription. So I hope you'll consider it.)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Mindy.... can you give us an idea of how many entries you have now???? Just to build on the already high level of excitement and anticipation!  :dance:

Lancaster PA

219 so far. Keep them coming; there have to be more than 219 artists in the world! This project will only be as good as YOU make it by participating!!

bear_thumb Mindy

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Well I know that there are more of us out there than that.
Mom has picked her picture... well I am off to go edit it and send it in.

Jodi -
Wally World is picking up, but not too bad right now.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jodi - I don't miss the stress and exhaustion of retail at Christmas ONE BIT! I feel for ya!

Jared is right..... there are LOTS more of us out there!!! But most creative type people are last-minute folks.... aren't we????? :crackup:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I haven't done mine yet...and I won't go into why but it has to do with my camera not shooting 300 dpi...enough said.  bear_tongue

Lancaster PA

For this project, I don't mind last minute -- I'd rather have your entry at the last minute than not at all -- but don't forget to do it!

For the TOBYs, on the other hand, I'm recommending that people send their "last minute" entries a week early. I chose poorly when assigning the deadline, so there's basically no time between the deadline and leaving (entries in hand) for Florida to do the judging at IDEX. I'm always strict about the TOBY deadline, but this year, anyone whose entry is so much as 10 minutes late will be left out.

Mindy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Mindy you convinced me - I just went and subscribed.  I've been buying it off the shelf, but who knows how long the store will carry it.  2 other bear mags are no longer available here    bear_sad  .    Will I get processed in time to get the March issue ????? 

Now I'm off to email my  bear pic for the face book before I procrastinate too long !!!!  Thanks again for this terrific opportunity.    :thumbsup:

As for the Toby's.....some day I'll get up the nerve  :doh:

Lancaster PA

Thanks, Tammy! You just made the hour I agonized over that message worthwhile! You'll definitely get the March issue; I think you'll even get the January issue, which is at the printer now.

bear_original Mindy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Believe me Mindy it is my pleasure.  I just needed a kick in the rear.  Now I can't wait to get my mags in the mail so I can stop hovering around the store like a vulture waiting and waiting.
manynanas%5B1%5D.gif

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I keep agonizing over the artist bit. Who qualifies as artist? Do we have to be willing to sell? I only have a private phone number and don't want to publish it.

Lancaster PA

Well, this is, essentially, a marketing tool, so if you're not selling your bears, you might not want to participate.

The reason we chose phone numbers as the one form of contact information to include is that everyone has a phone, but not everyone has a fax or (hard as it is to believe) e-mail. I've gotten complaints from readers when I only publish Internet-related contact information, and our research shows that about half of the teddy bear world is online -- which means half isn't, and couldn't contact you if all you give them is an e-mail or Web address. Thus, phones. I will also include information on how to call far places, in an attempt to spare you the 3 a.m. calls from people who totally don't understand time zones. And, of course, Kellie is putting together a directory of ads so you can share more info with collectors.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY
MKinsey/TBF wrote:

and our research shows that about half of the teddy bear world is online

I'm glad you mentioned that, it's something I was wondering about just the other day!  I've certainly found collectors online who definitely cannot attend shows (health problems, travel problems, pet-sitting problems), and I've certainly found collectors at shows who cannot or will not go online (no computer, no desire to learn it or no interest in owning one).  I was wondering what the percentages really were.  Thanks, that's very interesting!

Oh, and to stay on topic, I'm working on the Face Book entries for both myself and my mom  bear_original

Cheers,
Kelly

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Thankyou Mindy for this opportunaty.  bear_grin
I have just sent mine off, and have subscribed to your wonderfull magazine.

franhahn Michigan

Thank-you Mindy,

Count me in!  Now which bear to select. Oh there is going to be trouble in my bear house. How do I  choose one bear over another.

fran hahn  bear_wub

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Mindy are you still having trouble with your emails? I've emailed mine but received no reply. Should I send it again?

I got my subscription awhile ago...now I know I won't miss any issues!!!

Hugs,

Board footer