Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Lanctot’s Loveables Teddy - Handmade collectible teddy bears by Rhonda-Lynne Lanctôt. Bears ranging in size from 0.75 inches to 21 inches.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Quy,

After asking for some help in 'Techniques' to find out about a hobby I was interested in and seeing someone else's thread about 'what else do you do', I have been overwhelmed by the offers of help and by the breadth of talent on TT, which sweeps through so many skills outside the bear making zone. 

Sandra made a suggestion that it would be a nice idea to incorporate a forum on TT where we could discuss other crafts, without fear of diverting attention from the teddy threads/forums and I think that would be a lovely idea.  So, with that in mind, I'm offering up the suggestion for your consideration! Would it would be at all possible for you to add a 'Crafter's Corner' to TT so that we can further our learning?  Who knows, some of these alternative skills may well advance our bear designing too!

With thanks,
Paula.

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Thank you for the 'mention in dispatches'. :hug:

Transfer of skills was exactly what I had in mind. Very few things are mutually exclusive except perhaps those used by a Saggermaker's Bottom Knocker.

Kent
Website

Credit where credit is due Sandra! 

What on earth is a 'Saggermaker's Bottom Knocker'?????????????????????????????? Or maybe I shouldn't ask?!!  :crackup:

Perhaps others reading this thread might like to offer 'polite' suggestions before I give the answer? :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I want to know too! Are you going to tell us or should I consult my very knowledgeable "friend " Google?

Tami E wrote:

I want to know too! Are you going to tell us or should I consult my very knowledgeable "friend " Google?

'Google'- that's not cricket........... :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

OK, Paula, as usual good Ol' Google was forthcoming here is where the answer can be found:

http://www.thepotteries.org/jobs/bottom_knockers.htm

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I like the idea of a crafter's corner too! There are certainly a lot of 'cross-overs' between bear making and other crafts. Great idea Sandra! Thanks for putting in the request, Paula!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Excellent Idea, Paula !!!  bear_thumb
I love to learn DOLL making for my bear to hold...and Quilt, Painting so my other craft just for my bear !  bear_tongue (and some for myself.. :crackup: )

hugs
Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Flower Mound, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Maybe on down the road we could think about this forum for TT.  Poor Quy is up to his eyeballs for the time being with his REAL job . . . the one that pays his bills.  I call him the 'magic man', but he actually has to put a lot of time and effort into creating the wonderful goodies we enjoy on this message board.  Good thought, though, and thanks for your suggestions.

Kent
Website

You know us Sue Ann, full of 'em!!  If and when it turns into reality, give us all a shout and we'll be up and rarin' to go!!  bear_thumb

Quy does such a great job with TT, he makes everything look so easy when of course, it must be a time-consuming nightmare sometimes!  Quy's our TT superstar!   bear_cool

Kent
Website
Tami E wrote:

OK, Paula, as usual good Ol' Google was forthcoming here is where the answer can be found:

http://www.thepotteries.org/jobs/bottom_knockers.htm

:crackup:  :crackup: I learn something new here every day!!  :crackup:  :crackup:

Board footer