Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I couldn't believe it. I have never seen roving in a chain store. I have always purchased my wool from a person that deals in wool and still will. Although I'd buy the needles if I found myself in a bind. They had several packages of six, little balls (1/2 ounce each? of roving. All dyed in themes; pastels, brights, primary, selling for $7.99. I didn't look at the origin. They had needles, 5 for $7.50. They also had a couple patterns for making flowers to embellish knits. I didn't see any books or patterns for animals.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Needle felting is being done in various forms and from my quilting suppliers I have purchased 2 books on "needle felting projects for around the house" It is also very popular to embellish clothing with both the dry and wet felting techniques.

I would imagine that any craft shop seeing that this is proving popular would now start keeping stock as customers are going to be wanting to try this and if they have the demand they will start supplying.

Clover products- they sell all sorts of things from knitting to quilting notions are also selling needle felting tools, needle felting is no longer exclusive to "3D Bear/ object" ( Although artists who do this will still buy from their sources as you cant substitute for the "real" thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Babylock are producing a "needlefelting- sewing" machine (with a motor) to speed up the felting process and I beleive Bernina is as well.

Lynette

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

yes, I've also seen roving in stores. There is one quilting store where I've seen a package of 8 roving balls, about 1 round. The package was selling for $27.00!!!!!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I have never seen that at HL before...hhhmmmm maybe it's time for a craft store trip. bear_flower   I wonder, though, at the quality of the wool.  Has anyone tried it? Or does it read on the pakage as to the source, what kind of sheep?

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I saw it the other day too! I already have lots, so I didn't examine it closely to see if it was quality stuff. I also saw (at another shop) one of those felting machines. It is not for sculpting but for felting onto fabric to create a picture or design like embroidery or applique'. Needle felting is becoming very popular.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

"needle felting is becoming popular"........ but why do people always want to speed things up. ?? ...sigh..........
silly beggers

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

You would if you were quilting or doing a jacket !!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose ?

Lynette

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

WOW I am going to look also. I still haven't tried it, but I am very interested to learn !!! Just need to find the time !!!

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Okay I went back to HL and checked it out. It was 4 ounces for 6 balls and Made in China. No wool origin.

Board footer