Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Curious Mondo - How to make artistic teddy bears with Tami Eveslage
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Quy I'm a real computer newbie and I'm sure putting pictures on here is easy but for the life of me I can't  bear_cry
Please PLEASE can you make it VERY simple for me  :pray:

I'm trying to put a picture in showcase - under my first mohair bear - I've uploaded my photos onto photobucket and resized them to 640 x 480 - do they need to be smaller?  I know I then need to copy and paste the details - Do I copy:

Share URL
URL Link
HTML Tag
OR IMG Code

Do I then copy this into the message board and press the Img upload button or do I put it into the box below. where it says browse?

I'm sorry for being such a twit - I also need to know how to do my avatar picture and the picture that shows up in showcase on the lefthand side (is that called the thumbnail?).  I know that you are either laughing or crying over this - please be kind  :redface:  bear_grin

HUGE hugs Ali x

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

you can use the img upload section, |i think... the bit with  around it...st thing to do is upload the piccy directly, using the browse facilty :0 resize the file on your computer to the specified size, and then browse, click on it, an upload. The only other thing that could go wrong is the size of the file, but you should be ok for that bear_original

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi many thanks for replying - I managed to get a tiny picture to show.  I use photobucket and only that size would upload.  I need bigger pictures - should I change photo hosting website?

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Are you sure it's not the original size of your picture? If not, make sur it's saved as a jpeg before you upload to photobucket: the bigger the file size the smaller they have to make it :)

ie: this piccy was uploaded with a width of 600 pixels in jpeg fomat:

SlothletLaidsmall.jpg

and this one in the biggest size i have (would have been all of the piccy but i got impatient XD)

SlothletLaid.jpg

Hope that clears it up a little!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Thanks Chloe, I'm still really confused and i'm sure that I will be sending more posts without photos or (if lucky) little tiny ones.  I'm OK if someone says push that button or block this text, but computer jargon is confusing me  :redface:

p.s. loved the chance to see your sloth again!   bear_wub

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

bear_laugh Thanks Ali, it was the first bear related piccy I had on hand! If you ever get confused or if you need a picture shrinking or editing email it to me: I have photoshop so edits are quite quick and easy for me to make :)

Your first mohair bear is really good by the way!  I was pretty proud of my first bear, but as i changed his pattern whilst sewing him I can't replicate his face at all XD  Well done!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I downloaded my pictures first onto my computer into my pictures and when I right click on the picture & properties it says:

jpeg image
Size: 1.01 mb
Size on Disk: 1.01 mb

I copied these to photobucket so as to resize them because I couldn't find a way of doing it in my pictures, but as mentioned before they only offer limited sizes - three sizes being too big and the fourth too small.

I have two pictures to upload for showcase and I would like to use a photo to go with my username.  This is so frustrating and hubby has given up trying to help  bear_angry  bear_cry  God I feel so useless and I've spent 1 1/2 days trying to figure it out.  Hubbys hinting about housework not being done  bear_grin

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  - thats better .............................

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I personally use this freeware application for quick resizing at http://www.vso-software.fr/products/ima … esizer.php. Then you will want to read this posting for uploading instructions http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=82.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Thanks Quy just downloaded the application you suggested and will give it ago tomorrow - keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!

I've done my first photo

-

thanks so much for all your help - it was easy once I got the right size photo.

:redface:

Board footer