Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's all.  Where is Hayley?  I miss her.  bear_sad

clare14 Country Bears
England

Yeah me too bear_sad   And Laure and Wanda, haven't heard from them for a while too.....

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I see Wanda lurking about from time to time (hi Wanda! , so she's around... and I think Laure is just dug in to bearmaking (good for her; she might pop in to teach us slackers a lesson or two about discipline!)  So that leaves Hayley... ???

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

It's so sweet of you to note my abcense Shelli and you too Claire...there are so many new friends on the board now that one doesn't really expect to have one's abcense noticed...but it was nice to log on today and see that it was. Mwah! (that's a kiss) ;)

It has been a rough fortnight for me and my family as my Uncle died and I have been away to attend the funeral. He lived 7 hours drive away and being school holidays, it was necessary for me to take my three kids with me for the trip, so I stayed on a few days so it wasn't too tough on them.
It was a huge shock for the whole family as he was only 56. He did have a pacemaker and was doing well, but he got the Flu quite badly and the Doctors said it was just too much for his heart. My dad is really sad. He is 9 years older than his baby brother and his death is the first the family has had to deal with since dads parents died 30 years ago.

There are five pages of messages that I have missed in my abcense, but I still have all the kids home until Monday, so I don't have a hope of catching up. Gosh you guys can talk! Love it!

I missed you all too!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Hayley, that is so terrible.  I know exactly how hard it is to have a relative die so young!  My Mum's sisters were a little younger than your uncle when they both died - close to two years apart.  (I was only about 15 when my first Aunty passed away)

I'm very sorry for your loss,  :pray: please take care of yourself!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh..Hayley I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle.
Your father must be in big pain now....
How terrible to loose your relative in that young age...
56 is still too young..

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Shelli,

My ... it's nice to know I'm missed! ... Sorry I haven't been contributing much to the board, but I'm very busy at this time.   I have been sneaking in to check out the goings on during my lunch break at work, so I have not abandoned you all.  I enjoy reading all the posts and there have been sooo many, I can't keep up.

We are doing a running inventory at work, so I'm beat when I get home.  Just finished a little bear for Ronald McDonald Charity House Auction (got it under the wire) and have several orders to complete, so I'm just overwhelmed.  When I get home, fix supper and clean up, I'm ready for bed ....must be the hibernation thing kicking in ... shorter days, cooler evenings, etc.

Oh, I did have an interview with the Peoria Journal Star for a feature article in one of their Sunday papers.  My sister-in-law (who works at the county courthouse) and a friend were talking to the local reporter and mentioned that they were tired of so much bad news and thought an article about the teddy bears would be a refreshing change.  So she came out, took some notes and pics.    Here is another "free" way to get those bears out to public view.    If you have made a special limited addition, donated to some charity, or something really special has happened in your bear life, mention it to the local paper.  They always need something to write about and it might as well be something more refreshing than crime.

So keep up the lively conversations, tips, jokes, and pics.  I am enjoying them when I can and I'll try to contribute more often.

Hugs to All,

Wanda

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hey, what great news, Wanda, about your article.  And yeah, I know you've been popping in, as I see your name listed online from time to time.

Do post a pic or two if you ever get a minute.  Your work is so beautiful and charming; I, personally, would love to see what's latest and greatest.

Hayley, I'm very sorry for the loss of your uncle.  That is very young, and for someone monitoring his health closely already (with his pacemaker) it's doubly shocking.  I'm really very sorry and am sending lots of warm thoughts your family's way.

It's nice to hear from both of you again, that's for certain!  bear_original

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Hayley I"m so sorry  bear_sad

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hayley, so sorry for your loss.  I wish you and your family peace and comfort. 
Wanda . . . that's great about the newspaper article - way to go!!  :clap:  I finally got my Ronald McDonald Charity bear mailed a couple of weeks ago, too.  Almost let it get by me.   :doh:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Wanda!

I can't believe I missed that part of your post.. congrats on the article!!  :clap:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hi all..just a real quickie. I have hurt my back real bad and have been bedridden since an hour after I replied to this thread, so please forgive my apparent abcence once again. Gotta go lie down again..too much pressure when standing or sitting. Hope to be right soon. Third time in 17 years. :(
Thanks for all your kind thoughts re my Uncle...much appreciated.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Hayley, you really aren't having the easiest time of it lately are you?   :doh:

Go rest, and hopefully your back will be as good as new before long!
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Hayley  - I was very sorry to hear about your Uncle's passing and what a young age.
My thoughts are with you and your family and may you find peace and comfort..
Also sorry to hear  that you are having trouble with your back - hope that you are soon feeling much better and up and about. we are having school holidays over here also - hope that
they are going well for you and the family.

Wanda - big congrats for your newspaper article

Hugs
Carolyn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh so sorry, Hayley!  Back problems are awful! bear_shocked   bear_sad  Hope you have a fast recovery!  :pray:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hayley,big hugs but not squeezing ones as that would hurt your back too much    bear_sad  Oh here it is  :hug:  :hug: Feel better soon,so very sorry for your loss .

Shari.

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Hayley,

Sorry to hear about your loss and now your back pain.  I have had my share of back problems in the past and I sympathize with you.  Do take care and I do hope you are much better very soon.

Thank you all for the congrats on the article.   Will let you know how it turns out.

Hugs,

Wanda

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Hang in there Hayley, thinking of you.  bear_happy

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Hayley, please take care of
your self...sorry to hear your back
pain. that must be so painful..
If you are not around, we will miss you but we can wait.........                             
I'm thinking of you. .  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Sorry to hear about your loss, Hayley.

It's so hard to cope with an unexpected death in the family--expected deaths are hard enough.

Sorry too about your back--I know it hurts like gangbusters. Been there. I made the mistake of resting too much the first time, and wasn't able to move for weeks. Mild exercising hurts, but works. After a few children, your body is usually way out of line, even though you can't usually feel the change until your back gives out. If I go for more than a few days without strenghening exercises for the old abs, I can feel my back protesting!

Eiileen

Board footer