Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

doug5.jpgHi everyone, a customer has contacted me for a commission to create a bear with the same mohair I used a while back, it was a gorgeous Schulte batik style mohair with browns and golds.  I am looking at all the suppliers with no luck yet, Intercal used to have some lovely tye dyed ones but not anymore in these colours.

Any ideas?
THANKS heaps,
Catherine xx

Kilde Posts: 186

Beautiful bear  bear_thumb

How about this: http://www.bearycheap.com/ezimerchant/prod1012.htm - its not exactly the same but I do think its very similar to your bear. Its not as reddish as the picture shows. I made a bear once using this fabric and its much more brown (from light to very dark brown) and I loved the fur.

puca bears puca bears

Hiya
I'm going to be at the Teddybar Total show this weekend - would you like me to have a look for you?
Any idea of the length of the fur? And how much do you want???????????
Let me know - we are leaving for the show on Friday
big huggies
Maria :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What about Probear in Germany .. might be worth a try.

http://www.probear.com/

mjbears mjbears
northants

you could try emmerybears            or norbeary fabrics   hope this helps melissa

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney
Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Catherine, did you see this one at Edinburgh?
http://www.edinburghimports.com/shoppin … sp?FU1=760
The color is richer in reality than the photo shows. I keep looking at your bear and then at this swatch and they seem SOOO close if not identical. Don't know about the pile length though.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

hi everyone, thanks so much for taking the time to look for me, I think my eyes have gone square looking at all the mohairs on the internet today!!  The one on edinburgh looks pretty close, especially if it comes up darker than it shows.   Beary cheap looks great too.  I have contacted probear, where I originally got the fur but they do not do this one anymore.  I've found some nice alternatives so I'll see what my customer thinks now.

Thanks again,
Hugs,
Catherine x

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Sitting.jpg

Catherine, I was going to suggest Edinburgh's batik mohair, too. I used it for Franz and it really is a beautiful color from blond to dark brown.

I forgot to mention that the backing also shows various shades of brown.

And I forgot to mention that I don't have any of this fabric left, but I always save a few small scraps to put with the bear. It might take forever, but I could send you a small scrap if you'd like.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Catherine thats lovely fur not sure I can help you here, but you could try - www.gerrys.com.au

Maryls, your bear has gorgeous colours bear_original

Board footer