Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ok, I'm having trouble getting my pics to show on a thumbnail.  I've resized them to all different sizes, checked they're JPEG, all seems to be correct but they don't show up, so something is wrong.  I never had a problem before this new pc, but I have managed to do it once from this pc but I'm frustratingly can't seem to anymore.  I've checked previous photo 'properties' (the photos that do show up) against the new photos which don't, and they look the same, dpi, size jpeg etc etc - help me!!   bear_ermm

It's probably something simple that I just can't see 'cos I've looked too much!!

Ok, here's a pic that worked before on a thumbnail:

pin_keep_022.jpg

and here's one that doesn't:

percy_and_bartie_005.JPG

Please say it's something simple (like me!!)  :crackup:  :crackup:

Any help appreciated...xxx

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Do you want the thumbnails to show below your avatar? If yes, you have to use the upload method below the message box and not the 'Img Upload' button.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Quy,

No,  I want them to show up in the 'Teddy Bears and Friends' Gallery and to the side of my post in that section...??  :doh:  :doh:   I just don't know what I'm doing wrong....  bear_sad

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Images hosted on another site will not be shown as thumbnails. At least one image has to be uploaded to TT using the upload method below the message box. The other images can be hosted anywhere and be linked here.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Quy,

I think I've fathomed it, I've been doing the image upload under the message, but then hitting the preview button = no photo.  So, I just thought, 'Oh what the heck' and uploaded the photo that way then hit submit straight away and lo and behold it worked!!  Is that what I've been doing wrong?   :redface:

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

clare14 wrote:

Hi Quy,

I think I've fathomed it, I've been doing the image upload under the message, but then hitting the preview button = no photo.  So, I just thought, 'Oh what the heck' and uploaded the photo that way then hit submit straight away and lo and behold it worked!!  Is that what I've been doing wrong?   :redface:

Yes. I will have to fix the Preview mode to show images using this method.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ahhhhh!!  Bless you!  I'll remember that for the future, thanks so much for your help!!   :hug:  :hug:

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

hi Quy, my small thumbnail wont show on the Teddy bear and friends... mine is heart.. and I did use the image upload method... it all show on my message, but when i look at the Teddy bear & friends page, my image does not show up. pls help?

wait... i think i got it! yes... ok.. sorry for cathching up slow :redface: thanks for the help.

Board footer