Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

pipkins bears pipkins bears
Branston, Staffordshire
Website

Hi all
i need some help!
I`d like a new banner, do I do it myself if so with what programme
or any suggestion who could do it for me ?
hugs
jane
xx

Us Bears Pennsylvania

How soon do you need it?
What would you like it to be?
If it's not too complicated I can take a crack at it for you in my spare time.

Send me an e-mail and we can discuss it.

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I hope to not sound too stupid what is a banner? :redface:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi again,  A banner is the small rectangular sign that you see changing on the top of Teddy Talk and the Bottom of Teddy Talk advertising different bear artists.  Banners are also often exchanged on websites to show different links to different artists.  Because it is a rectagular shape, I presume that is why they call it a banner.  Artists need to supply their own banners for this purpose, and some very clever ladies make their own.  Others, like me, who haven't mastered their "pooters" yet, need some kind soul to make them for us.  A lovely friend from Taralee Teds made mine as Photoshop is still an alien to me.   One day.........

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Thank you!
Now I get it!! bear_original

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Hey, Jane!

Like this?

th_PipkinBanner.gif

Tell me what you think.
bear_original

Branston, Staffordshire
Website

oh yes something like that !! :o)) a pink background would be nice ! how did you do it!!!
thanks so much for your time
hugs
jane
xxx

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Here's a pink version of the banner:
PipkinP.gif

Here's a red & green version of the same banner.  I thought it would be nice for Christmas:
PipkinRG.gif

I used Adobe Creative Suite to make them.
Check it out at Adobe.com

Unfortunately, the whole package costs about $1400.  :(
You might be qualified for the educational version which is a scaled down version but it costs about half.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Wow! great job, I love the pink one!

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

I like the pink one, too. 
I am totally clueless on how to make one.  $1400!  Ouch!!! bear_cry
Denise..I LOVE your quote!!!  bear_grin

Densteds Densteds
Website

Ouch! I agree...$1400 more than a computer costs, way over my budget I'm afraid....

thanks Laura, it's a sweet quote isn't it, just can't remember who said it!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Adobe CS3 is professional software, for the most part.  I used the computer at work to make them.
I am allowed to do personal projects after hours if all the other work is done first.  Besides, it is Thanksgiving weekend.  I had time.

I used Adobe Illustrator to do the heavy work.  I used Photoshop to cut the Bear pictures out of their backgrounds and resize them.  Adobe CS3 does everything almost automatically but, honestly, I don't think you "need" to use any super-duper software to make a banner if you don't mind a little extra work.

All you need to do is make a picture that is 470 pixels wide and 74 pixels tall.
If you want a banner that animates or alternates between pictures like the ones above, you should take care to use GIF instead of JPEG but that's kind of like "guilding the lilly."  ;)

For me, the technical part is pretty easy.  The really hard part is getting the artistic part right.
I spent a little bit of time exploring Jane's "Pipkin's Bears" website and deciding what pictures to use.  Once I got my ideas, I was able to do most of the work over my lunch break.

If I may be so bold as to plug myself here...
I am trying to earn enough money to buy myself a new computer setup at home.  I figure if I do little side projects to earn a few dollars here and there, I will be able to put that money in the piggy bank and buy myself that new computer in a short time.
If anybody has any small projects like this one that they would like done but doesn't have time to do it themself, send me a message.  We might be able to come to a mutually beneficial agreement.

Branston, Staffordshire
Website

oh thank you so much thats great work ! the software package is very expensive though!  bear_cry
thanks for the techi tips  bear_smile
hugs
bear_wub
jane
xxxx

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Everybody
I need HELP!! I do not know why, suddenly all the topics I am subscribed to, the link to them do no work?? I have to come to TT and search for the topic!
Is just me or somebody else have the same trouble?
Bear Hugs
Gladys bear_flower

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bearalive wrote:

Hi Everybody
I need HELP!! I do not know why, suddenly all the topics I am subscribed to, the link to them do no work?? I have to come to TT and search for the topic!
Is just me or somebody else have the same trouble?
Bear Hugs
Gladys :rose:

Please provide the link you are trying to access.

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

0k.....let me see link? By now I am sure you know "how good" I am at computers  bear_cry  Could you be refereing to my site address? PLEASE be that what you need :pray:htt://www. bearalive.com  or not? Maybe you mean the one  of the topic. Well it have been a lot of them. All since I change my computer. Maybe that is why? One of the links for the topic ( just in case that will help ) is htt://www.teddy-talkcom/viewtopic.php? Hope one is the one you need. :redface:
Thanks Quy for always being ready to help and in my case..Your patience.
bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bearalive wrote:

One of the links for the topic ( just in case that will help ) is htt://www.teddy-talkcom/viewtopic.php?

Yes, but it is missing information at the end of the URL to properly locate the topic. Here is an example:
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=27688

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Quy.
Sorry took me so long to go back to you.
it is happening to all I get from TT but, here is one of them. http://wwwteddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php? … 16#p352161
Thanks.
Gladys

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Flower Mound, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gladys, on this particular link (http://wwwteddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php? … 16#p352161), the 'dot' is missing between the www and teddy, so the link won't come up.  I'm not sure what might be going on other than that.

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks Sue Ann
It was probably me the one that missed it  bear_rolleyes  but,, like I said it is to all of the ones I get from topics I am subscribed to. I was thinking maybe is the shield  ( I am sooo good with computers!! ) that protect me and maybe is protecting me a bit too much bear_grin  I will see if my son can check on that. it is intriguing  because I belong to a soft sculpted dolls club and from them i do not have any problem and i can click on the topic link  to take me right to it. Thanks again.
Bear hugs.
Gladys

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi everyone

i'm looking for help. this banner thing is new to me. i have just designed a basic one using photofilter but whet do i do with it now? how does it become active if people want to put it on there site. also i have put some banners on my site copied and pasted but they dont work i have had to put the web address next to the banner.

can anyone explain to me..... why do computers make you feel like you dont have a brain cell
thanks susan xx bear_wacko

Us Bears Pennsylvania

You have to save your banner in the form of a viewable picture (JPEG, GIF or PNG) then store it in a place accessible by the internet.  People who want to link to your site will use that file.  They will either download it to their site or they will "hot link" to your picture, pasting it into their site.  They can then use any of several techniques to make the user's web browser go to that site when the image is clicked on.

Simply put, you store it on your website then you make the link to the picture known to those who you want to access it.

Go down to the bottom of this page on your website:
http://www.bear-hands.co.uk/shop/start

Do the same thing you did there.

Would you like some help getting your web graphics right and some advice on getting them linked in to your website?

Send me a PM.  I'm looking for a little freelance work on the side.

Board footer