Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Hi everyone,

How do artists make cloth tags that can be sewn in the seams of bears?  I want to make some cloth tags with my name on them.

hugs,
Sheila

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Sheila,

I don't know about making cloth tags yourself, but there are many listings on Etsy of people who will do custom cloth tags (or "ribbon tags") with your name or logo, etc. I think you just have to iron them in half to form the loop that you sew into the seam.

Becky

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

There is a library here on TT as well as a search function that will enable you to look for info shared in the past! (That's not to say some more great ideas won't come long in response to your question! The more the merrier!) If you need a quick answer or want to gather info while you wait for a response to your question you might consider doing a little research here.

I clicked on "search" in the menu bar at the top of the page and searched for "fabric tags". Here are the results... you'll find some great suggestions!
http://www.teddy-talk.com/search.php?se … =990305447 (new improved link that might actually work!)

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Hi Daphne,
When I clicked on your link it states "Your search returned no hits."
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Cyndee

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

I use ribbon tags. I print my logo onto t-shirt transfer paper (making sure that the print is reversed). Then it's just a case of ironing your transfer onto the ribbon.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

ooh ooh ooh - I can help here. I just saw this lovely tutorial on Doll Street Dreamers:
http://www.dollstreetdreamers.com/back_ … labels.pdf

Marion

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

Hi!  You can buy inkjet fabric sheets that allow you to create your own labels on your computer and then print them out.  Here's a link to a product you can find at Wal-mart and probably JoAnn Fabrics...I've never used them before but it looks like it would work!
http://www.shopatron.com/product/produc … 9491.0.0.0

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Bubble-Up Bears wrote:

Hi Daphne,
When I clicked on your link it states "Your search returned no hits."
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Cyndee

No, it was a dead link. I've updated my post. But you could do what I did and get the same results. As mentioned above I clicked on "search" in the menu bar at the top of the page and searched for "fabric tags".

The same suggestions have been mentioned above here but there are some great tips in some of the other discussions we've had!

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

I use Woven Clothing labels. I worked out that it is a fraction more in cost to buy the woven lables, with my name and website on them, then to do it all myself.

Now just have to remember the website when I want to order some more... Hmmm  bear_tongue

Richy~

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Sheila . . . you can find some great 'tag' tips/techniques in our library right above your post.  Scroll down to
"hang tags/tush tags/swing tags" and you'll find several threads concerning cloth tags.

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside
dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you for the link, Kim. Those look nice, and the price is good, too.

Becky

Board footer