Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

bear_angry Walmart has quit carrying Morning Glory Fiberfill here in Phoenix.  I've never seen it anywhere else.  Does anyone out there know where I can get Morning Glory?  It's my favorite.  I've heard of a place to buy fiberfill in bulk.  If someone can refresh my memory on that website, I would be most appreciative. 

Hugs,
Alison

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Look up Batt-Mart in a search engine. I don't know if they have the kind you're looking for, but it's worth a shot.

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

I purchased 25 pounds of Airtex Cottage Crafts polyester fiberfill stuffing from Federal Foam Technologies, www.federalfoam.com, 1-800-851-8887. They are located in New Richmond, Wisconsin.  The stuffing is pure white, soft and bouncy.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've heard that Morning Glory is no longer being made. Not sure if that's true or not but would explain why it's nearly impossible to find. Isn't Morning Glory similar in texture to Mountain Mist? Have you tried it? You can get Mountain Mist at www.JoAnn.com (JoAnn Fabrics)

Like Gail, I buy direct from Airtex which is where you end up by following the links in Gail's post above. LOVE that stuff because it's silky soft and bouncy. Not good for noses but I use stuffing from Montery Mills for that. However Airtex is VERY different from Morning Glory and if that's what you like, you won't like Airtex.

I'd try some Mountain Mist if you haven't.  bear_original

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

If you still have the upc label on the box, you can order it from Wal-mart online and have it shipped to your local store for pickup at no shipping charge. 
Good Luck,
Donna

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Thanks everyone.  Monterey Mills was the place I was thinking of.  I HATE soft and bouncy fiberfill for heads.  It springs right back at you.  I like the soft stuff for tummies only.  I'll see if I can't order on-line from wal-mart.  If not, I'll buy from Monterey Mills.  I knew you guys could help!

Alison

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

If it helps the 800 number on the morning glory stuffing box is 1-800-406-4080

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Alison I use both the stuff from Montery Mills and Morning Glory. Very similar in my opinion.  I prefer Morning Glory because of NO SHIPPING... grrrr....

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

When I found out my Walmart was fazing out fabric and the Morning Glory stuffing I bought every box they got in for awhile. I have 8 - 5 lb boxes in my garage. Should last me for awhile but don't know what I will do when it's gone.  bear_sad

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hmmm that's the stuff we use as well, we always pick it up at the Wal Marts in the US when we are there, the Canadian Wal Marts don't carry it .

Shane

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Laura Lynn,
What kind do you order from Monterey Mills?  I know they have different qualities. 

Nancy,
If you see someone wearing black, sneaking into your garage, it's just me.  I flew to Florida and am stealing all of your stuffing!  I wish I knew they were going to faze it out.  I would have bought it from every store in my vicinity. 

Thank you ALL!

Alison

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Alison, I use the "C" quality and I belive Laura does too. I have massive amounts of it that I'm trying to get rid of. I sent you a PM in case you're interested!
bear_original

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Alison, I got some of the stuffing from Daphne that she has.  It is great for stuffing noses.  I even used it on the doll noses and loved it.

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Alison sorry I'm late getting back here (was stuck reading a great ebook LOL!)

Yes, Daphne is right... it's the "c" grade.  I'll be going back to that after I can't find the Morning Glory locally anymore.  In fact, I used some of Daphne's stuffing when I was at her place in April... She's got what I like!

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

morning-glory.jpeg

IT'S A GLORIOUS MORNING!!!   :dance:  Because I found 6 bags of Morning Glory stuffing.  I had to go out early to get some blood work done and drove by a Wal-Mart and decided to stop in.  GLORY BE, they had no boxes but 6 bags left.  It won't last long but will get me through until I can order. 

Thank you all for your help. 

Hugs,
Alison

p.s.  I know it's weird to take a picture of my stuffing but I am so happy!  I haven't worked in 2 days because I was in a funk over this.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Happy stuffing!  I nearly had a similar funk when I discovered Oakley's in UK was gone, but thankfully Bear Basics took over their bouncifill stuffing - phew!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

So glad you found some to tide you over for now!  I know what you mean.  And only bear people would understand why "just any stuffing" just won't do!

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

Hi Ladies, I am in the same pickle as you all!!  I have used Morning Glory only for 10 years!  So I was determined to find out where I could buy it as all the others I tried just are not what I want so.....  here it is ...the place to order it, but not until June 1st or so.
www.marshalldrygoods.com

How I got this was I called the Carpenter Co. the maker of Morning Glory, and after 6 calls got someone that knew  and they said it was a shock to them that Walmart decided to quit selling it, so they now will be shipping their first order to Marshall on May 17th. Whew!!!!!!!!   I like Alison was just not sure what I was going to do!  Hugs, Susan.

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Susan,
Thank you so much for the info.  I"m going to be buying some Monterey Mills from Daphne and if I don't like it will definitely go back to the Morning Glory.  I also was told by a Wal-mart employee to call 1-800-wal-mart and tell them that we want them to continue carrying the Morning Glory.  Even if you don't use Morning Glory, CALL WAL-MART and ask that they continue carrying Morning Glory in 5 pound boxes. 

Hugs,
Alison

marshalldrygoods Posts: 1

Marshall Dry Gooods Co. is now a distributor for Morning Glory Products.
www.marshalldrygoods.com
sales@marshalldrygoods.com

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Glad to know all this.  I have only one box left.
I'll be calling that Walmart number tomorrow!

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

They have it in and ready to fill orders now....Here is the link......
http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/store/i … _list&c=90

tiffanybrooksco Posts: 1

I was reading these post and just wondered if anyone knew that Wal-mart has discontinued carring morning glory cluster stuff as it wasn't GCC compliant. I was wondering if anyone knew if their fiberfil was? Here is the link for the CPSIA Supplier Compliance

http://cpsia-compliance.blogspot.com/20 … stuff.html

Someone said the manufacturer who uses their product is responsible if there is lead and phthalate in it, not Eco-Craft?

janetspillows Janet's Creative Pillows
West Palm Beach,Florida
Website

I found your cute teddy site by chance and saw how unhappy many of you are without Morning Glory stuffing so I thought I would share some possible good news. Here is a link to other crafters who have also been unhappy..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag … 380?ref=ts

Mornng Glory has been invited to speak to Wal Mart about carrying the fiber again!

Hope this brings you smiles.

Hugs,

Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows

Ma Bears MA BEARS
Raleigh NC

I have been sticking my hands in bags and squishing fills since I lost Morning Glory. Hancock's is the only store I feel I have come close to finding something the same. I have yet to buy as I am hoarding my last bag of MG.

Guess what I found last night after a little looking!!
You probably will not find it anywhere else unless we annoy "Walsmart" into bringing it back but...call..

1-888-744-8277 and you WILL be able to buy MG Cluster Stuff. Prices are better then 9.99 on amazon as well.

1 case of 8 bags, 16oz goes for $35.43 with shipping to Raleigh NC costing 13.17
1 box of 11.25lbs costs $36.64 with shipping to Raleigh NC costing 18.12
The girl did the math fast on the phone and said that would make it either 4.43 per bag or 3.26 per lb depending on how you buy.

You can not order from the website for this product. Have to call...

Hope this helps you all out.

What would be great would be for local crafters to go in on a large order, share the shipping.

Also I sent Walmart a message and the reply was as follows:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the fabric department in your local store.  As with any merchandise decision that we make, we have based our decision to reduce the stitching and fabric departments on customer demand, which does not appear to be as high today for a full stitching and fabric offering in some markets as it may have been at Wal-Mart in the past.

In keeping with our emphasis on being a store of the community, Wal-Mart is converting the fabrics and crafts department in some stores to a newly expanded assortment of merchandise that focuses on life's celebrations.  We are thrilled to offer our customers this exciting new crafts and celebrations center that makes available craft and party planning needs along with information on current trends and new ideas in the area of life's celebrations, such as holidays, weddings and birthdays.

In those stores where the new crafts and celebrations center is placed, merchandise commonly referred to as 'notions' will be included in the product offerings - such as sewing machines, yarn, needles, thread, etc.  As a part of this conversion, most of our new and remodeled stores that opened earlier this year, as well as a small number of existing stores, will feature the new crafts and celebrations center in place of bolt fabrics.  Wal-Mart will continue to carry cut fabric in most of our stores.  Due to the continued evaluation of our stores, we are unable to share a list of existing stores scheduled to receive the new crafts and celebrations center at this time.

Sincerely,
Wal-Mart Customer Care

Board footer