Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I am almost totally blind and I read the forum with a screen reader, which is software that converts the text into speech.  A lot of times I like to read the forum while I'm sewing or doing something with my hands.  To do this, I press a button on my computer and it just reads without stopping until I stop it.  The bad thing is that at the beginning of a lot of the posts where it shows the web site and blog, etc, there are these photos that the computer thinks are links.  Ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem.  Usually the screen reader would say something like, "Link web site" or "Link blog", but on these photos it says link and then proceeds to read a big old string of numbers that seems to take about two minutes to read and then ends with .jpg.  This is really annoying when I'm trying to sew or do something with my hands other than scroll up and down the page.  I have to put the bear I'm working on down and stop the speech so I can scroll past all that code, and then pick up the bear again and try to find my place, only to put it down again and scroll again, or just listen to the annoying code.  Can you please tell me how I can get all that code not to display??:?:  I called the company that makes my software and they said it would have to be fixed on your end.  I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how to get the computer not to display this.  I hope I explained this clearly.  Thanks.

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I have made the necessary change. Please advise if it is okay and do suggest any changes to improve your reading experience. Thanks for the feedback.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Thank you thank you thank you.  I saw it and it is so much easier to read now. 
Bearlove to you,
Jessie

Board footer