Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi.
I have a question about seling bears on this site.  Can they be bears that I also have available on my website or other websites?  Or do they need to be exclusively sold here if they are listed here?

Also do the bears need to be made from Intercal's mohair to be sold here?  By the way , I am so very very impressed by the mohair sold here.  I plan on buying  A LOT of mohair from intercal.

Hugs,
Judi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I love Intercal mohair, too.  Most especially for their mohairs with a "natural" look, since there's a huge variety of shades, pile lengths, and finishes from which to choose. 

Regarding BEARS FOR SALE postings...

YES!  You -- as the creator and artist -- are cheerfully invited to post listings for bears you might also have available elsewhere!  Note that I did this myself, with my bear OLIVE that I created for a Gallery in France.  Just be sure to direct your viewing audience to the correct outlet (you, retailer, eBay) for more information and/or adoption of your work.

The bears you list do not have to be made of Intercal mohair, although it might be politic to avoid plugging another mohair supplier directly on this host site. bear_happy

The intent of the sales forum is ultimately to promote the individual artist; I'm guessing that's why Intercal is asking that retailers not use the forum to bolster THEIR sales.  Rather, I think Intercal really wants to provide a free, international showcase for handcrafted work by the individual artisan and creator, and to make that showcase a selling forum so that it can benefit and grow the entire industry, as well.

NO, you don't have to be an "artist" to post a sales listing... just in case that's the next question someone might have.  New to bearmaking or just a hobbyist?  That's fine, too.  Give it a try.

Thanks for asking your question about BEARS FOR SALE on THIS forum, Judi.  The BEARS FOR SALE forum was designed exclusively for listings, so I think I can speak for the board host in saying that your cooperation is most appreciated. bear_happy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ditto, Shelli . . . very well said!  bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you very much Shelli!  I will definitely be participating!

Board footer