Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Flower Mound, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Everybody.  This message board has been open about a week now.  Is there anything lacking that you would like to see?  Does anyone have any suggestions for improvement or any compliments for what's already here?  I think the powers that be at Intercal are open and willing to provide (within reasonable limits) anything that needs to be addressed concerning the teddy bear world.  Any comments will be appreciated and thanks in advance.  bear_original bear_original bear_original

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh My ! I just love the board so much the way it is. One thing above all is I want to say is  thank's so much for giving us a place to trade tips and SELL and for the collectors to come to to see our bears...I am ever so grateful .

I would love to see an artists  challange at least once a year or more and it would be fun if we used a " special " kind of Intercal  fur that is something recently offered by Intercal...Oh and we of course would like to get a generous discount on this challange bear fur, he, he. It might even NOt be a bear....

Many of us can't attend the Ross Park Zoo  thing each year...I'd love to see more absent artists get in on the fun...would that be possible ?

Ok, OK Winney..stick to here what's on the Intercal board...what else ?Okeeee.....  I will let some of the others come up with more ideas ? ..........Winney

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I really love what intercal does with showing bears made from thier mohair furs.  It gives the buyers a chance to see what the mohair actually looks like when made into a bear or bunny or other lovely critters. 

I also love that we can show what we have available...even what we have on ebay.  By the way, if I am using up too much space with my pictures please let me know and I will change it.  I certainly do not want to overstep my priviledge on this message board.

I do like the artist challenge that Winney suggested.  I know that I, myself, cannot get out to do shows..etc...as I have little ones here at home to take care of. SO ....I only offer my bears on ebay and two websites and now this place;)

Hugs,
Judi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi -- good point about the Intercal Photo Gallery!  It's fun to browse on its own, and seeing bears made up from different qualities and colors of fur is also very helpful when shopping online.  Mostly, I find that the end result of an order I place matches my expectations of the particular mohair I ordered, which is a compliment to Intercal for getting so many in-print examples of their mohairs onto their site.  It's great to see "Golden Tan" as made into bears by a bunch of different artists, and in a number of pile lengths and finishes, for example.  I like that you remembered to mention this because I'd tell Intercal myself if I could.

As for sales listings... I feel certain those are just fine.  I haven't heard (yet) about any limitations on space for listings.  From the main BEARS FOR SALE board all listings appear the same.  And, since images are hosted by each individual seller, there's no problem with too many photos per person on a server, either.  So post away!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Flower Mound, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm going to have to echo the above sentiments about Intercal's Photo Gallery . . . think it was an excellent idea to show how the myriad of mohairs look made up into SO MANY different kinds of creations!  It just blows me away at what can be made out of goat hair!! bear_laugh  And so many creative people!  Thanks, Intercal for that opportunity!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

debz Oklahoma, U.S.A.

Whomever thought of this at Intercal needs a raise!! This is the best, greatest and most wonderful thing ever to arrive on the web for all of us TB makers, collectors bear_laugh  I do have a question for all of you accomplished TB creators out there. I always wondered how do you get the eyelid look on a bear? I haven't tried it on any yet but would really like to know what everyone uses and how? Also, the other item is how do you get that glossy wet look on eyes? Is it just the lighting in the picures or do some of you add something to your glass eyes? Thanks to Intercal for this wonderful place to communicate with fellow arctophiles. Thanks twice for a place to look & buy artists creations. Thanks three times for your wonderful mohair, monthly sales + service!!  If anyone ever needs help from a seasoned Doll & Teddy Doctor give me an email and I will see what help I can give.:)

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Actually, I happen to have a question.  Someone wrote and wants to know where to find mohair for fairy and mermaid dolls in a longish length -- 5"-8".  Any idea where she might get ahold of this?  I had nothing to offer from direct experience, alas.

Hey debz... did we chat via email? bear_happy

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Rita Harwood in London  creates VERY bright and wild  bears and adorable realistic cats using long mohair.
She loves to dye the mohair and paints her own eyes . She sells both mohair extensions and painted eyes on her web site .... It would  probably too expensive for shipping to have it sent here . I'd like to know where I can get the long mohair for bears in the USA....Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Since I was so new to beqar making a year ago Intercals pictures were absolutely invaluable.  I would study all the pictures to understand what this or that fabric could do.  I am lucky that my laptop seems to be on the money color-wise.  I am never dissappointed.

Course in quilting I would saty there is no such thing as bad fabric, you just have to wait for the right idea to come along.

I think we are so lucky

Dily

Board footer