Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Sorry to be the party pooper, but the Daisy story is a hoax  bear_ermm

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/daisy.asp

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

This link here is a true story of a dog in the towers prior to collapse:http://www.guidedogs.com/news-Hingson.html
and so is this one :http://dogsinthenews.com/issues/0109/articles/010914a.htm

http://www.ctlegalguide.com/SlideShow/caninetribute.htm

Maybe Daisy was created out of the stories above, who knows. Maybe we need to hear amazing stories about animals to know that we can be better ourselves.  The African dog story I mentioned earlier is indeed true.  A dog picked up, by natural instinct, where humans failed terribly.
We could be a better world if we paid attention to the animals a little more.  From domestic to wild they show us up everyday. 

:hug:
~Chrissi

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_cry Oh no--how am I going to break this to Nance? bear_tongue

Stellajella Wien

Judi, I hope Mandi will be her old self again!!! bear_wub
And I also hope that times are getting better for your and your family!! :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you so much for asking.

Mandi had her surgery yesterday and she is doing great.  Today we picked her up and brought her home.

Rachel-MandiCAST-1.JPG

We can still hardly believe she is even alive. bear_wub

Mandi-Shamu01-1.JPG

And look who else is happy to see Mandi.

MandiCAST02-1.JPG

She'll have her cast removed in two to three days and then we have start therapy on her arm.  She has two pins and wires in her right elbow....oh..and as I sit here typing...Mandi has just hobbled in to come sit on my lap.

We're so glad she's home....and even happier it was not Rachel who was hit,

Thank you very much for all you kind words. bear_wub  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Judi...that is such fantastic news.  I just love the photos you took of her today...especially the one with your cat...simply precious.

I wish you all very speedy recovery!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wonderful photos, Judi--Mandi looks almost as happy as Rachael!!

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks the Lord! We for sure had a lot of prayers and good thoughts going Mandi's way! She looks great! Thank you for sharing the good news and the pictures. She have been in my mind since it happened.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles for Mandi!!
Gladys bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'm so glad to see her Judi, that she is okay.  it reminds me of when my dogs came out of surgery at the beginning of the year.  so scary!  she'll just need TLC and a little sooking and hope she'll be right as rain soon hugs!!! :hug:  :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic news Judi,  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

GREATGREATGREAT!!!!!She looks as if there had nothing happene!!!! Cool!
All the best for y´all!

Gaby bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

...oh,Juid, I forot: give her a kiss on the nose please!
Thanx
Gaby bear_flower

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

OMG How precious, I am bawling my eyes out!!! Even the CAT missed her!!!! I have to say that I just sent off a collage box with the quote from Will Rogers on the back.......sent to TBF, I dont know if they will use it, but I thought it was so funny that a fellow TTer has it for a signature line, and I had used it in my artwork!!! I did a series of collages wtith dogs!!! Judy, I did an altered art collage with a dog with ears like yours!!! Pam

beary_clairey Luton

Oh Judi - such beautiful photo's, its so wonderful to see her back home in the family fold. You must be so happy.

:clap:  :clap:

Hugs

Claire

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Pam. I sure hope TBF uses your photos.  I sure would like to see them.

I can't thank you all enough for such kind words! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   Even Rachel has asked me just a few moments ago ,"What are they[TTers] saying about Mandi?"

Everyone is doing really well.  Mandi is hobbling around but seems to be pretty comfortable.

It really amazes me just how resilient animals are and just how BIG the hearts are of the animals lovers are here. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Judi, the issue comes out Dec 1, and my issue always arrives after all the city folks, since we are out here in nowheresville!!! Pam

Board footer