Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Great suggestions. I would say try make time for you, I know thats hard but half hour in a bubble bath or a time for a coffee and perhaps read a book. Me time even though things are hard. I look forward to my baths. At the moment I'm planning on decorating the back room and that keeps me interested, even if I get Mark to do half the work. Look after yourself. :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website
Ellen Borggreve wrote:

One last thing that I forgot. My mom told me this when I was still a little girl (well, I am still little, but that is besides the point). She has been suffering of Parkinson's Disease since her 26th and can not walk or actually do much of anything. She must be fed nowadays and has to be helped with everything, but she never complains. She always said to me that I should never think: ''Why me?''. She said that that would imply that I would feel better when this would have happened to someone else, which was very unfair. She said that instead of thinking ''why me'' you could as well think ''why not me?''. She said that would help to find a solution so much quicker than to stay in why me thoughts. She has always been my hero after she said that. This is the rule that I live by nowadays....

Ellen, your mum is a very special lady.  My daughter has a heap of pretty serious things that threaten and interfere with her health and she is of the same outlook.  I'm constantly amazed at her strength of mind and in awe of how she works such scarey stuff into her stride.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hi Clare!  I think I could probably win an award for being a 1st class brooder!  When i am really down, I just have to do something that requires so much thought that it is absolutely impossible to think about anything else.... otherwise I sometimes have this "running commentary of dispair" that goes non stop in my mind.....  Seriously!  It's like a voice over commentary about what is wrong, what I should have done, etc.... I think I've watched too many documentary shows in my life or something!  I recently went "back to ballet" and started taking an adult ballet class once a week.  It requires SO much consentration... there is NO WAY that I can think about anything else.  After not thinking about my problems for a while, and turning off that "voice" I just feel so much better!

Big hugs to you hon.....  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

clare14 Country Bears
England

Has anybody ever mentioned that you, my dear friends, are just THE best??!!   I am quite overcome with your outpouring of such kind words, THANK YOU SO Very much!!

thankyouje9.gif

I have spent today at home, bearing.   bear_original     I've had chocolate.    bear_grin  I couldn't go for a walk as it's been pouring ALL DAY long   bear_rolleyes  and I've had a bad cold and don't want it hanging around any longer than it has, but as soon as the weather gets better, I will.    And I've been playing music!!  Happy Music.   My bath of bubbles is booked for later.

My troubles are coming from every angle in life at the moment  bear_sad - the issues always damage my self confidence, something I have always struggled with in a big way.   And my coping mechanism just seems to have gone AWOL for the time being   bear_shocked   

I am humbled by stories like Ellen's mum and Paula's daughter - thank you for sharing  :hug: , they do put it all into perspective, something you can't see when you're lost in your own problems.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, you are all very special to me.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

It sounds like you have things under  control again  :hug:
I've been feeling sorry for myself for the past couple of weeks. One of my sisters is having serious health problems and is a drinker as well. I've been getting calls from her threatening to 'end it all' and since I'm 4 hours from her it's been hard to deal with it. I was speaking to my neighbour the other day and she was worried about her two brothers who live next door to us. They also drink a lot more than they should but she also knew that she couldn't help them until they wanted to help themselves. In any case, I got a call from her yesterday. One of her brothers had fallen down the stairs during the night and was found dead, with his kittens cuddled up beside him. He was only 55!
Just goes to show that if you think your troubles are tough - someone else has it worse. :pray:

Marion

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I hope you feel better soon Clare-Just keep making your lovely bears as their lovely little faces will soon cheer you up.Make sure you get out of the house and go for a long walk as it will help to clear your mind and help you deal with things better. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Laurie :hug:

beary_clairey Luton

Clare - If I am feeling blue and unwell and life is just generally poo, this is what I like to do.

If you can, buy yourself something nice either shooping or on the internet. Then later have a snuggle on the sofa with a duvet and some DVD's - I recommend pride and prejudice.

Order a really nice take away - if I'm ill, I like chinese, chicken and sweetcorn soup and prawn crackers.

Then in the evening a nice hot bubbly bath and then either more sofa snuggling or cuddle up in bed.

Perrrrfecttttt!!!!

Also I would also like to say that your are such a lovely lady and are so pretty and a fabulous bear maker - so just keep that in mind and I do not lie!!!

Big Hugs

Claire  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate that is!!!!
But if this should be something more of a long-term problem, I´d probably find professional help.
Believe me, I know what I´m talking about, I had a depressive episode once and I wouldn´t have made it without help.
And one more thing - this formu is full of great people who are ready to help at least by sharing a word or two.
Everything bad passes someday and it´s here just to make a little space for the GOOD STUFF.
Hang on in there!! You rock!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Sorry Clare, I missed this thread.  I'm glad your feeling a little better now tho...huge hugs!!!   :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Clare, glad to hear your feeling a bit better....I hope it continues to improve!

I know so many people who 'feel flat' at the moment, and since we're both in the UK I wonder if the shorter days don't have something to do with it? We seem to have had a long (in some places) and late (in others) summer this year and suddenly the nights are drawing in? It's either that or they've put something in the water!!! Seriously, many of my friends are suffering, and then if there are stresses on top of this 'down' feeling it's no wonder you need to pamper yourself a little bit.

Take care, play music, and eat plenty of that chocolate!

:rose:

PS I see a homeopath once every month or two - actually it's like therapy for me, a neutral person to talk about things that are bothering me. And the remedies seem to work for me. Most of all though, I feel pampered and looked after when I've been and it keeps me going for a while!

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Hey Clare, 
There is absolutly nothing worse than feeling like you just can't face the day.
Here are a couple of things I like to do and you might like to try.......book yourself a 1 hour ( or longer, but definatley not shorter) massage.  Once you've done that I strongly recommend  a good session of 'retial therapy'  Treat yourself to something that makes you happy really good quality chocolate works well  bear_original If you don't like chocolate send it to me then go out and get yourself that Teddybear you've been eyeing for the last few weeks and carry him around every where with you like you did when you were a kid.
If this doesn't work try something that will allow you to release you frustration without getting arrested like squash, golf (altough not so great at this time of year) or kick boxing.  If that still doesn't work I agree with the others, put on some loud disco music and dance 'till you fall on the floor.
My last idea, put on a rediculous hat/wig/feather boa/clown nose and drive around.  The smiles you put on others faces will certanly lift your spirits!
My thought are with you :hug:
AndreaM

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

I find a run helps me and leaves me on a high for ages afterwards. The difficult part is when you feel really low it is hard to motivate yourself. I think any exercise which really raises your heart rate should work.
I wish you a speady recovery.
Susan

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Aw Clare, i did'nt see this thread until now honeybun............so sorry to hear that you are feeling down.

Here's my tips for putting a smile back on those lips of yours........

1. Eat Chocolate - good stuff not Mars Bars or anything as it has a nice high cocoa content which gives your endorphins (or dolphins - whatever) a boost.

2. Have mad passionate sex with a man half your age, unless you are under 36 as it could land you in court - do your maths first.

3. Go see your girlfriends - if hubby won't babysit lock him AND the kids in the cupboard under the stairs so he can keep an eye on them whilst you go out, get plastered, show your knickers to a copper and cry like a baby and tell all your friends how much you love them. Don't worry if you can't remember anything the next day as your friends will very kindly refresh your mind for you - just ask!

4. Have mad passionate sex with a man half your age - no i have'nt forgotton that this is also no.2 - just do it again to make sure you were'nt dreaming the first time around.

5. Eat Chocolate - or dolphins. Am i getting confused now? No, definitely eat chocolate not dolphins as they keep slipping out of the wrapper.

6. Go see your girlfriends - get plastered, show your knickers to a copper and cry like a baby and tell all your friends how much you love them. Don't throw up in the bedroom, you can never get rid of the smell.

As you can see Clare...........you only need to do these three things but you just have to keep doing them!!! Eventually you get so knackered you don't have the energy to feel miserable anymore or you can't remember what you were miserable about in the first place.

Auntie PenPen knows all  bear_tongue

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Claire, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now darlin! We really should arrange to meet up one day and get totally plastered together - that's one of the things I thought when I met you at Hugglets - geez, she'd be a FAB boozing buddy!

which gives your endorphins (or dolphins - whatever) a boost.

Have mad passionate sex with a man half your age - no i have'nt forgotton that this is also no.2 - just do it again to make sure you were'nt dreaming the first time around.

Oh PenPen, you make me giggle so much! Hey - you can join Claire and I too....now that WOULD be a great night!!!

Umm, I probably shouldn't listen to your advice of having mad passionate sex with someone half your age...I'm 24!!!! But if you ever meet Johnny Depp (who I don't usually like!) playing his Jack Sparrow role, PLEASE send him to my house....ooh don't - it's getting me excited just THINKING about it!!!  :dance:   :crackup:  bear_innocent ....Oops, my halo slipped....

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Penny, I'm not having a case of the blues but I may take your advice anyway, just for fun.

Thumbs_up.gif

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Pen, you are a riot, I've been giggling till I cried!!!   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:    You always cheer me up - THANK YOU!!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   

And Gemma, I must have missed your posts before, or completely forgotten (I have senility!!)    bear_rolleyes   We could have some fun!!!     Ooooh I wish you both lived a bit closer!!   :hug:  :hug:   :hug:

beary_clairey Luton

Eating Chocolate - good, like that idea!!!

Mmmm, mad passionate love to a bloke half my age would be a 15 year old - not so good!! I might go for a big hunky copper after I have showed him my knickers.

Getting drunk with the girls - YES!! An absolute must. Can we also go dancing all night too!!!

I think thats brilliant! Clare, Gem & Pen you have convinced me this is the life I want, can I join and where do I sign up?????

LOL

Claire :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

8_1_231.gif

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I might go for a big hunky copper after I have showed him my knickers.

:crackup:  :crackup:  My dad is a copper!!!!

Getting drunk with the girls - YES!! An absolute must. Can we also go dancing all night too!!!

Of course...but I only dance when I'm drunk....I haven't been drunk for almost 2 years, but when I decide to get plastered I make a REALLY good job of it!

beary_clairey Luton

Gem - You have a big hunky copper for a Dad??

I'm coming to visit!!!

LOL

Claire

Board footer